Patch 1.24 NA and 1.25 EU

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
With the season 7 pro pass Sorcerer appears in-game, but does not appear as purchased in the PSN store. Is there a possibility of losing it once it is removed from the PSN store?

No. I'm not sure why it's not showing as purchased, but nothing in code will change the way you are able to play Sorcerer right now. In regards to appearing purchased, you're referring to it trying to charge you for it right? I will look into this because regardless, it's safer to own both the pass and the actual table through Sony's eyes.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
No. I'm not sure why it's not showing as purchased, but nothing in code will change the way you are able to play Sorcerer right now. In regards to appearing purchased, you're referring to it trying to charge you for it right? I will look into this because regardless, it's safer to own both the pass and the actual table through Sony's eyes.

Yes, I'm referring to how the individual table still wants you to pay in the store. The PSN menu also doesn't list them as owned, but they currently appear in game since I have the season pass. Same thing with Banzai Run (my post was before that was released). Also Pistol Poker and Ghostbusters, but they aren't Williams or Bally, so I'm not really worried about them.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Thanks [MENTION=382]spoonman[/MENTION] for uploading a short video of that. I was just about to do that too after checking the latest update out but you've been faster :p
Just to clarify not only the voice is high pitched but also the whole sound table including the music got higher.

On a different note, Banzai Run seems to not move the camera up to the back glass if you have camera lock turned on. Turning it off lets you play the upper part. Pretty weird as other tables that move the camera up don't have this issue

No problem.

Has the Scared Stiff high pitched audio bug been acknowledged by Farsight?
I haven't been keeping up with the last few weeks.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Is there any chance we can get the lighting in Pinball Arcade to be on par with that of Stern Pinball?
I much prefer the dark room lighting in Stern. The darkest setting on Pinball Arcade looks like the gamma is too high and ends up looking washed out in comparison.

Here's a comparison of Ghostbusters, both with room brightness as low as possible (the PA version doesn't look much different from the full brightness version!)

Stern (version 1.04NA)
Ghostbusters-SternPS4.jpg

Pinball Arcade (version 1.24NA)
Ghostbusters-PinballArcadePS4_1.24.jpg

Also, after playing both one after another, it's become quite obvious that the Stern version of Ghostbusters feels much more responsive in comparison. The flipper action on the Pinball Arcade feels a bit lagged compared to the perfect Stern version.

Videos...
Stern version [1.04NA] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e7pcdQgmqM
Pinball Arcade [1.24NA] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KQQJ0DBMFA

Last edited:

xZOMBIEx

May 28, 2017
Is there any chance we can get the lighting in Pinball Arcade to be on par with that of Stern Pinball?
I much prefer the dark room lighting in Stern. The darkest setting on Pinball Arcade looks like the gamma is too high and ends up looking washed out in comparison.

Here's a comparison of Ghostbusters, both with room brightness as low as possible (the PA version doesn't look much different from the full brightness version!)

Stern (version 1.04NA)

Also, after playing both one after another, it's become quite obvious that the Stern version of Ghostbusters feels much more responsive in comparison. The flipper action on the Pinball Arcade feels a bit lagged compared to the perfect Stern version.

Videos...

Yes, like mentioned above, the Stern PBA version is much much better overall versus the regular PBA version, which seems weird as all you guys had to do was port over the Stern version... However, I think this also proves that the regular PBA version on PS4 is not a TRUE version of the game built for the PS4 and for it to take advantage of the PS4 hardware and power...

I've pointed this out numerous times with how the bulb lights look on thes Frank Thomas table on PC versus the PS4 version... When you lik at that game or table I should say, on the PC version. You can clearly see the bulbs on the table look like actual bulbs. When a bulb has like a spinning affect, kind of like a light on a emergency vehicle and you see how it sounds around with light/bright part being on half and having that turning spin like effect... You kind of have that more or less on the PC version and this is with all tables, i just tend to notice it a lot more on that table from videos I've seen online...

However when you look at the PS4 version, you just have a genetic flash like effect... It looks like the 360 and PS3 version of the game or even the PC version, but the version that has the lower settings instead of the latest version that lets you adjust the shadows, darkness, etc.....

Same with the ball, while the ball has gotten much better compared to how it used to be, its still far from being what it can be.... It still has that matted like look to it... While it is a little brighter and can see it a tiny bit better, it still doesn't have that shiny steel look to it...

And don't tell us it can get those kind if graphics or looks on the PS4 because Zen has been able to do it on their tables especially on their newest Pinball FX 3 version of the game...

I'm not trying to put down Farsight, but you can't deny when you look at both versions side by side (pinball arcade vs pinball fx3) you can clearly see how PB FX3 looks way more vivid and tbh much more real looking as far as the colors and graphics... Even ifyou use the Ghostbusters table against any of the tables on FX3 you can see a huge difference in the quality and life like graphics on it compared to PBA...

However, if you were to do the same side by side tests of the PC and even the mobile version on a high end phone versus FX3 and that both look amazing and both have strengths and weaknesses, I would probably say the PC/Mobile version of PBA look way more life like versus FX3 and with those versions side by side, you can see how FX3 looks more video game'ish, even though it's still amazing looking...

The main point though is that it's pretty obvious the PS4 version of PBA looks and probably is a high and port of the 360/PS3 version of the game and probably because it was cheaper, easier, and faster for Farsight to do that instead of building a whole new version from ths ground up taking advantage of the PS4 hardware and power... That would have been ok when if first came out, but you all should have been working on a whole new version of ths game just like how Zen did with FX3... Also they were able to have their older tables look much better and take advantage of the new visuals and effects in FX3 or how it handles those kinds of things....

Speaking of which, I have never had an issue with how the ball looks on FX3 in that I've never had issues seeing it or keeping track of it, where as on PBA it's much harder to see, even with the new light settings or bright setting that was added.... Before that setting was added, I would end up using the kind of bright green ball that's in the game or similar if the green ball didn't work well on certain tables... Since the setting was added, I still don't use the default silver ball even though that's the one I would much prefer to use, but I end up using one of the glow balls... Usually the white looking one or grey looking one from the glow oness....

But that shows how its still not all that good....

It's obvious the PS4 and I'm sure the XB1 versions of PBA need a complete overhaul because it's definitely not taking advantage of ths higher power and hardware these systems have... And while it might be too late now to try and get a whole new version before you all lose the Williams/Bally tables or the ability to sell them and advertise to people who haven't got them yet, but maybe you can let whoever makes these kind of decisions to let people know that a whole new version is being worked on and the Williams/Bally tables will be upgraded graphically as well as long as people have them prior to the deadline, but you all HAVE to keep to your guys word and actually do it in a timely manner, then Im sure you all would have a much bigger spike in the sales of those tables before they go away from being able to purchase them...

But on the other hand, if you all don't plan on improving the lighting, graphics, etc. Compared to what they are now, then it might be a good thing for us customers that Farsight lost the Williams/Bally licenses and hopefully they go with Zen and Zen is able to reproduce those tables with their software...

Again, i'm not trying to put down Farsight, it's just we're frustrated and we know these tables could look much better on PS4 and it's really frustrating seeing other companies give much more love to their version of pinball tables regardless if they are not based off of real life tables... You have to admit that a lot of their recent tables, since around when the Aliens tables came out and the other Fox cartoon shows the tables were based off of, look like they could be real life tables minus the obvious things that happen on the table that clearly make it a video game and wouldn't be possible on a real life table... But that's only a few of the modes or things that might pop out onto the table here and there... A lot of the things on those tables can be produced and made on real table, you can see how they made a lot of the Alien/Predator targets that come up on the table look like a card or switch that could actually pop up on a table and move side to side and go back down when it's hit... Also some of the graphical heavy modes that come up, can be converted into a real table via the colored dmd display that most of these newer tables are coming out with like the new Star Wars and Iron Maiden tables from Stern....

I'm sorry for the long post, i just get so passionate when talking about this... Plus I just want the best for everyone... There was a time when I LOVED Pinball Arcade... Heck I had all the tables up to Judge Dredd on PC before it broke down and then I ended up getting them all over again on 360 which stopped getting tables a little after Addams Family or Starship Troopers, so never got a lot of ths tables i had on PC... Then i finally made the jump to PS4 about a year and a half ago and while I was only going to get tables I didn't have on 360 as I didn't want to triple dip on tables yet again that I owned on PC and 360, but I eventually started to get all the previous seasons on PS4 just cause it was easier to play on that and because they might have been on sale here and there but we all know those are extremely rare to be on sale on PS4...

Then the updates started to get slower and further between each update and I along with others started to feel like we were being screwed and got forgotten about....

Until recently when you (Tom) came and started to change things for us PS4 users and hopefully it continues to get better... Oh and I understand if some of the lighting updates you did was done quickly to try and improve things for the time being, which has worked, but that's why I made this post because the updates and small improvements that you did shouldn't be the one and only update you do to the lighting/graphics... While they did help and made the game more playable then it was all last year, thers still a long ways to go...

Another thing that would be great now that season 8 isn't going to be every month with a new table, is that there is more time to make a whole new version of the game that could compete with FX3 because right now, Zen is leaving Farsight in the dust and a lot of us are slowly starting to play FX3 much more than PBA, at least on consoles (PS4 and XB1)...

But yeah, thanks again, I better stop or I'll start going on and on again... Maybe Williams/Bally will come back after they see you all making improvements... There's got to be a reason they didn't want to renew, especially when they are making money for tables that's not even being made or produced anymore... Unless they have seen the disgruntled fan base and seen the huge improvements and praises Zen has gotten with FX3 and maybe looking to ride that wave with them... i know I would..

Thanks,
Jake

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Yes, I'm referring to how the individual table still wants you to pay in the store. The PSN menu also doesn't list them as owned, but they currently appear in game since I have the season pass. Same thing with Banzai Run (my post was before that was released). Also Pistol Poker and Ghostbusters, but they aren't Williams or Bally, so I'm not really worried about them.

I don’t know if this is only true in Europe, but I traded in my second-hand PS3 for a second-hand PS4 last year and naturally downloaded The Pinball Arcade. Initially I just bought seasons 1&2, but recently had a small windfall and bought the rest. I note that with seasons 4-6 all the tables didn’t download automatically, so I had to go into the shop app and search for them and “redownload” them where they switched to purchased - basically they seemed to be acting like a season pass still; in fact I’m pretty sure they’re called that in the store. I’d suggest especially with the impending loss of the WMS license, Farsight would want to sort this.

I saw the new patch download the other day and am looking forward to my first “season pass” download of Banzai Run as well as whatever the future brings for TPA!

flangle1

May 13, 2018
I also noticed the same issue. Purchased Season 7 and they are activated when I run PA but the PSN store says Banzai Run and Pistol Poker have yet to be paid for. I'd be very unhappy to find them disappeared if I ever need to uninstall and reinstall PA after June 30. Is there some course of action I can take with PSN customer service?

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
I also noticed the same issue. Purchased Season 7 and they are activated when I run PA but the PSN store says Banzai Run and Pistol Poker have yet to be paid for. I'd be very unhappy to find them disappeared if I ever need to uninstall and reinstall PA after June 30. Is there some course of action I can take with PSN customer service?

Are Pistol Poker and Banzai Run the only tables in Season 7 that are saying this? I will have to get in touch with Sony with a list of all the tables not showing up as free because they're the ones who are in charge of the tables showing up as free once you own the season pass.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Attn: Tom,

Would it be possible to make the room ambience go a bit darker, as seen with that of Stern Pinball?
With it set to the lowest amount it ends up looking too bright and a bit washed out. This changed a few versions ago.

Stern (version 1.04NA)

Videos...

Thanks.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Are Pistol Poker and Banzai Run the only tables in Season 7 that are saying this? I will have to get in touch with Sony with a list of all the tables not showing up as free because they're the ones who are in charge of the tables showing up as free once you own the season pass.

The following tables/bundles still show as unpurchased on the PlayStation Store :

Banzai Run / Banzai Run Pro (Even though I already purchased Season 7 Pro)
Sorcerer / Sorcerer Pro (Even though I already purchased Season 7 Pro)
Pistol Poker / Pistol Poker Pro / Pistol Poker Pro Upgrade (Even though I already purchased Season 7 Pro)
Season 7 Pro (Even though I already purchased it and have access to all Season 7 Pro tables)
Season Four Pass (Should show up as UNAVAILABLE since I purchased the Season Four Pro Pass)
Season 1 Bundle / Season 1 Bundle (Discounted) / Season One Pro Upgrade (All three should show up as UNAVAILABLE since I purchased Season 1 Pro Bundle)

NOTE : Please revise the Theatre of Magic/Ripley's Believe It or Not!/Black Hole 3-Pack or Season 1 Pro Bundle to include Tales of the Arabian Nights with it's own download. If not, we will lose that table on June 30th and won't be able to download it after its removed from the base game.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
The following tables/bundles still show as unpurchased on the PlayStation Store :

Banzai Run / Banzai Run Pro (Even though I already purchased Season 7 Pro)
Sorcerer / Sorcerer Pro (Even though I already purchased Season 7 Pro)
Pistol Poker / Pistol Poker Pro / Pistol Poker Pro Upgrade (Even though I already purchased Season 7 Pro)
Season 7 Pro (Even though I already purchased it and have access to all Season 7 Pro tables)
Season Four Pass (Should show up as UNAVAILABLE since I purchased the Season Four Pro Pass)
Season 1 Bundle / Season 1 Bundle (Discounted) / Season One Pro Upgrade (All three should show up as UNAVAILABLE since I purchased Season 1 Pro Bundle)

NOTE : Please revise the Theatre of Magic/Ripley's Believe It or Not!/Black Hole 3-Pack or Season 1 Pro Bundle to include Tales of the Arabian Nights with it's own download. If not, we will lose that table on June 30th and won't be able to download it after its removed from the base game.
[MENTION=31]PiN WiZ[/MENTION]. Ghostbusters is also showing up as unpurchased with the season 7 pro pass (wants me to purchase when viewed from the store). Are you not having this issue?

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
This problem also occurs in SPA. Although I have bought both table packs, 4 or 5 tables still show up an unpurchase in the PSN store. The tables do function though.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
[MENTION=31]PiN WiZ[/MENTION]. Ghostbusters is also showing up as unpurchased with the season 7 pro pass (wants me to purchase when viewed from the store). Are you not having this issue?

Ghostbusters is showing up as purchased on my end but I also purchased every table on SPA so I'm not sure if that's the reason why.

If yours is showing up as unpurchased then go ahead and post it so that Tom can look into it as well.

flangle1

May 13, 2018

Well, I'm pretty sure it started with Pistol Poker (didn't notice at the time), Sorceror (which I paid for separately thinking it was a one off from it being gone so long) and finally Banzai Run. I only noticed the problem after the announcement. So you got an extra 4.99 from me (which is fine, you deserve it.)

Everything else for me is ok.

I am going on record here: develop more EM machines. Lots of people still love electro-mechanicals. And you're short source material. This could work out for me. ;)

Also, soooooooo glad to get Banzai Run. It's one of the tables I was holding my breath for.

PA is my most valued collection. Thanks for all the effort.

xZOMBIEx

May 28, 2017
I to got the Season 7 pass and the first batch of tables that released with the pass show up as being able to download for free, it wasn't until the tables after the initial batch do not show up as being able to download for free or to like redownload them if we needed to... this needs to be addressed before they take all these tables away...

Could it be due to the Season 7 pass being sold for $7 or $8 when it first came out? That shouldn't be held against us as one we thought that was being done as a way to make up to us PS4 for all the delays and poor service we got last year and year before...

Is there anyone that got the season 7 pass at the regular $30 or more price that is still not showing the latest updated tables being available for free to redownload again if we need to in the future?

I'm sure most of us got it at the $7 price as we usually got tables and packs the day they get released, especially when we were waiting for so long for them...

Michael

Jan 9, 2015
I am going on record here: develop more EM machines. Lots of people still love electro-mechanicals. And you're short source material. This could work out for me. ;)

Yes! That's what I want too. Of the top 10 player rated EM games on ipdb.org, only one (Fireball) is in TPA. Two others are also Bally, but that leaves 7 top-10 Gottlieb EM's, and I've already suggested they should start churning them out. It would strike a good balance with the modern Sterns that will be coming as per the announcement, that I personally don't care for (but will buy anyway...).

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I wouldn't put too much stock in INPD's top EMs. They change more often than I change my underwear. The EMs don't have as many reviewers as the SS tables, so one good rating or one bad rating can seriously cause a table to jump many places.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Totally agree with Gorgar. EM ratings are all over the place. There usually aren’t many reviews. Most EMs are hard to find, so fewer have played them.

Often the people who play EMs are old farts like me and wouldn’t bother to do an online review.
The good thing about EMs is that the layout and rules are pretty straight forward, so you can usually get a good idea if you will like it just by looking over the playfield really well.

flangle1

May 13, 2018
I to got the Season 7 pass and the first batch of tables that released with the pass show up as being able to download for free, it wasn't until the tables after the initial batch do not show up as being able to download for free or to like redownload them if we needed to... this needs to be addressed before they take all these tables away...

Could it be due to the Season 7 pass being sold for $7 or $8 when it first came out? That shouldn't be held against us as one we thought that was being done as a way to make up to us PS4 for all the delays and poor service we got last year and year before...

Is there anyone that got the season 7 pass at the regular $30 or more price that is still not showing the latest updated tables being available for free to redownload again if we need to in the future?

I'm sure most of us got it at the $7 price as we usually got tables and packs the day they get released, especially when we were waiting for so long for them...

I paid full price for set 7 and am having the same problem. I don't want to lose those tables.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.