PC dx11 lighting vs PS4 dynamic lighting...

trachea

Aug 17, 2012
My laptop runs TPA dx11 fine. Constant 60fps with anti-aliasing and high settings. Fact is, the lamps are more blown-out, colors bleed, the game looks muddier in places. I'm comparing the two version using an HDMI cable hooked up to a 50" plasma at 1080p. The PS4 game may or may not have the more realistic lighting but it looks better to me, and I think that's what matters.

That's odd, I don't notice any of the same issues.

You might check your video card settings for a toggle between RGB "full" (0-255) and "limited" (16-235) colorspace. If your PC is outputting a full RGB colorspace but your TV doesn't support it, that can lead to blown-out highlights as well as crushed blacks. The inverse (limited RGB output with full RGB display) will cause everything to lose contrast and look washed out.

R

Rhandos

Sorry, but it's difficult for me to take you seriously when you can't be bothered to use periods...

My laptop runs TPA dx11 fine. Constant 60fps with anti-aliasing and high settings. Fact is, the lamps are more blown-out, colors bleed, the game looks muddier in places. I'm comparing the two version using an HDMI cable hooked up to a 50" plasma at 1080p. The PS4 game may or may not have the more realistic lighting but it looks better to me, and I think that's what matters.

Have you tried lowering the bulb brightness by one or two steps to see if you get the same result? I've increased it on most tables by 10% to get a superbright LED feeling, but you might want to try the other direction.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Comparing them here and I'd say the PC version is slightly, but noticeably better and sharper looking. However I have every tables lighting setup perfect for me on the PC version so doesn't help the PS4 that you have to choose between too bright or too dark for its lighting settings. Even if the PS4 version was the better looking of the two I couldn't go back to it simply because of how bad the sound quality is. I had forgotten how bad it was.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts