PC Steam version crashing

John R. Martin

May 11, 2014
Crashing on PC version. Here's what I tried to do to troubleshoot, to no avail:
1. Copied the Pinball Arcade folder from the "My Games" folder to another folder, then deleted the orig.
2. Deleted the pinballarcade.exe and pinballarcade11.exe files from the Pinball Arcade folder in Steamapps/common/pinballarcade
3. Exited out of Steam, then restarted my PC.
4. After restart, started Steam again, went to "Properties" for Pinball Arcade, and "Verify Integrity of Local Files", and redownloaded the 2 exe files.
5. Tried to start PA, went through the config utility, then went dark, then back to the desktop again.
6. Copied the saved Pinball Arcade folder back to "My Games"
7. Tried to start PA again, with same results.

Here is my system specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate
AMD Phenom II X3 720 Processor 2.80 Ghz
4GB Ram
nVidia GeForce GT430

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
The pinball bros over on Steam forum say if you set your firewall to block outgoing traffic from pinballarcade11.exe, or turn off wifi you will be able to play! About to try myself

John R. Martin

May 11, 2014
Just tried uninstalling PA completely, deleting both the PA folder in steamapps/common, and the one in "My Games", then after restarting again, redownloaded.................same results

John R. Martin

May 11, 2014
Seems the only way to get mine to work is to disable my internet connection, course, after uninstalling and reinstalling PA, the only table I currently have access to is Arabian Nights. IF they ever get this fixed, I will have to redownload all my other tables.

Pop Sergeant

Jul 26, 2012
Well ... just to confirm ... having tried everything from uninstalling/re-installing Steam, TPA, and VS ... disabling internet connectivity was the only way TPA PC DX9 or DX11 would launch. Yeah, I know ... nothing new ... just wanted to share the pain. THEY TOOK OUR PINBALL!!!!

Damn it. Weekends are my only time to enjoy TPA in it's full stress-filled glory too!

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Guess we'll just have to wait for an update with a quick fix, because something must be broken here.

Axlsgolden

Dec 2, 2013
Same here. If I disconnect the internet connection I `m able to play TPA, but 11 tables are missing. They are marked as not bought. No access to TPA if Internet is enabled

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Crashing on PC version. Here's what I tried to do to troubleshoot, to no avail:
1. Copied the Pinball Arcade folder from the "My Games" folder to another folder, then deleted the orig.
2. Deleted the pinballarcade.exe and pinballarcade11.exe files from the Pinball Arcade folder in Steamapps/common/pinballarcade
3. Exited out of Steam, then restarted my PC.
4. After restart, started Steam again, went to "Properties" for Pinball Arcade, and "Verify Integrity of Local Files", and redownloaded the 2 exe files.
5. Tried to start PA, went through the config utility, then went dark, then back to the desktop again.
6. Copied the saved Pinball Arcade folder back to "My Games"
7. Tried to start PA again, with same results.

Here is my system specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate
AMD Phenom II X3 720 Processor 2.80 Ghz
4GB Ram
nVidia GeForce GT430

What version of TPA were you using? :p

Seriously, there's no way to even tell. All you get is a black screen and a note the pinballarcade.exe isn't working, and my personal favorite the ironic "checking for a solution". I had this problem with both DX9 and DX11.

Guess I'll just play the game referenced in my signature block instead.

Axlsgolden

Dec 2, 2013
We're looking into the issue.
Thx FlippyFloppy. Ok, I can access TPA online again. But 11 tables are still marked as not being purchased. But I bought them all. Some of them as complete seasons and others as single tables in the game. It is exactly the same issue as a few days ago. Thank you!

Members online

Members online