PC Tourney #6, 2015-12-04: AFM, BRose, CC, CP, CV, MM, NF, T2

invitro

May 4, 2012
I'm sorry, I'm having a pretty good start. Nice AFM score! Here's the tops on the three tables I've played, all platforms & tiers:

AFM
1. 43283M - kay989, PSN Gold
2. 43131M - invitro, Steam Gold
3. 40908M - Makk_31650, PSN Gold

CV
1. 173341k - DJ0RCH, Mobile Gold
2. 162650k - invitro, Steam Gold
3. 140362k - Slayer213Slayer, Steam Silver
(PSN players seem to be having trouble with CV, does it play differently?)

T2
1. 1213M - geohoo, Mobile Gold
2. 1041M - invitro, Steam Gold
3. 507M - ryan, Mobile Gold

invitro

May 4, 2012
Steroids?
What, and ruin my girlish figure?

NF
1. 8773M - invitro, Steam Gold
2. 6545M - ChewableCPP, Steam Silver
3. 6192M - Jordan, Mobile Silver

I need to go to bed and finish reading "Double Indemnity." Maybe the pros show up today/Saturday.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I was a little confused on how TPA conducted their tournaments on PC. Never seriously played a sanctioned TPA tournament, until now, I thought that a contestant could only play a table in the TPA tournament for 20 minutes only.

My experience is that 20 minutes could mean 3 or 4 games of a tournament table in my ability of playing. Now that I know that a participant can play a tournament tables multiple times and have 20 minutes to play each game is dis-heartening to me: however, I will survive.

In my honest opinion, a sanctioned TPA tournament player should have 20 minutes to play a table to get the best score. No repeats, play 20 minutes and you are done.

The best thing though is that The Pinball Arcade and this fine Pinball Arcade Fan Forum has brought me great joy for three years.

Thanks to y'all

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I was a little confused on how TPA conducted their tournaments on PC. Never seriously played a sanctioned TPA tournament, until now, I thought that a contestant could only play a table in the TPA tournament for 20 minutes only.

My experience is that 20 minutes could mean 3 or 4 games of a tournament table in my ability of playing. Now that I know that a participant can play a tournament tables multiple times and have 20 minutes to play each game is dis-heartening to me: however, I will survive.

In my honest opinion, a sanctioned TPA tournament player should have 20 minutes to play a table to get the best score. No repeats, play 20 minutes and you are done.

The best thing though is that The Pinball Arcade and this fine Pinball Arcade Fan Forum has brought me great joy for three years.

Thanks to y'all

Hey Frank! Those are all valid points. It is what it is for now though. Wouldn't it be nice to have 2 seperate tournaments at the same time? People could pick and choose whether or not they want to grind away (rage quit after every drained ball), or the 3 or 4 tries.

On the other hand, these grindy tourneys are ok with me. They've made me better. I like the ability to be able to better my score that I never thought I'd reach in the first place. I guess what I'm saying is, 3 or 4 tries would go by too quickly for me. It's not like I have a bunch of time on my hands either (full time jobs, responsibilities and crap like that). But it gives me something to look forward to. Always ends up being the same people battling it out, but that's good motivation for you to get better and make every shot count. Believe me though, there are certain tables I can't last the whole 20 min with either. I guess what I'm saying is, work with what you've got. And make it your goal to people like that damn 'inviter'. You'll learn something along the way guarantied.

A couple of things...
First of all is it ok if us IOS peeps hijack your thread again like the last few times?
And also I saw something about getting to the circus in 12min being really good... What's the fastest all of you have been able to get to the circus. Cause I'm not meaning to brag, but I actually am, I was able to do it in 10. Watch, right after I say that, on of those 'inviter' wannabes is gonna say they did it in 8, or 5. Nothing would surprise me these days. One thing I will say about how I got there so fast, is if I started any type of multiball, I'd just drain it down to 1 ball as quickly as possible. And of coarse, make my shots...

It might be just me, about liking the grindiness of it. But it forces me to see the top score and be like, how in the hell can I do that, and then try everything in my ability to get somewhere close

invitro

May 4, 2012
First of all is it ok if us IOS peeps hijack your thread again like the last few times?
And also I saw something about getting to the circus in 12min being really good... What's the fastest all of you have been able to get to the circus.
I personally like having any platform's players posting here. Maybe next month we can have one thread for all platforms.

In my CV game, I started Join the Cirqus after playing 11:37 (with 8:23 remaining), and started Party MB after playing 16:07. I had a hard time (as usual) hitting the ramp in the Cirqus 2nd stage, and the right orbit in the 3rd stage, that's why it took me so long to get Party MB. I did not drain during MB, but rather really tried to make Juggler last as long as possible and get those Super Jackpots, and the same for the Highwire and Strike and Arc MB's.

When I went to bed 6 hours ago there were 7 people in Steam Gold, now there are 15, lol. The only one of my #1's taken is T2, by switch3flip with 1412M. He's a "pro" and Dizzer2012 is too. My "tournament software" says the #1 player so far is alambic5480 in PSN Gold, with overall #1 on AFM and MM, and #2 on CP and CC.

P.S. I like having unlimited tries for the week, but would be OK with around seven tries per table. The main change I want is to have tourneys biweekly instead of once every five weeks. :)

Shulk

Jan 22, 2013
Started playing some tables today. 44B on AfM. Power of Total Annihilation.

Will play some of the other tables later, but I can already tell I won't rank high on CV and CC.

Voof

Sep 22, 2015
I'm sorry, I'm having a pretty good start. Nice AFM score! Here's the tops on the three tables I've played, all platforms & tiers:

AFM
1. 43283M - kay989, PSN Gold
2. 43131M - invitro, Steam Gold
3. 40908M - Makk_31650, PSN Gold

CV
1. 173341k - DJ0RCH, Mobile Gold
2. 162650k - invitro, Steam Gold
3. 140362k - Slayer213Slayer, Steam Silver
(PSN players seem to be having trouble with CV, does it play differently?)

T2
1. 1213M - geohoo, Mobile Gold
2. 1041M - invitro, Steam Gold
3. 507M - ryan, Mobile Gold

CV on PSN 193m, happy?

ParallaxScroll

Aug 21, 2012
I'm still new to these tournaments, did my first one last time. I just did a game on Black Rose (steam) and my score wasn't submitted. Finished the game with 5 seconds left, entered initials, and when I pushed A it immediately started a new game, then the new game's score with 0 points is what got submitted. Is that normal? Do I have to be careful not to push A in that situation?

suffocater

Apr 4, 2015
I'm still new to these tournaments, did my first one last time. I just did a game on Black Rose (steam) and my score wasn't submitted. Finished the game with 5 seconds left, entered initials, and when I pushed A it immediately started a new game, then the new game's score with 0 points is what got submitted. Is that normal? Do I have to be careful not to push A in that situation?

Absolutely. Just be careful and push A exactly one time for entering the initials and then do nothing.

invitro

May 4, 2012
CV on PSN 193m, happy?
Sure, I was just curious if CV played differently on PSN than PC, knowing that many tables do.

Glad to see another pro in the tourney... you're #1 overall by my count, with #1's on CV and MM, #2 on AFM, and #3 on CP.

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
Great tables this time around. Good to see some different names up there in mobile gold so far. Pretty impressive score on CP. 1336m. Wow. Cmon mobile people we gotta keep up with those PC types.

Voof

Sep 22, 2015
Sure, I was just curious if CV played differently on PSN than PC, knowing that many tables do.

Glad to see another pro in the tourney... you're #1 overall by my count, with #1's on CV and MM, #2 on AFM, and #3 on CP.

I always see how you guys are doing on the PC end, try to keep up :)

Members online

Members online