PC Tourney #6, 2015-12-04: AFM, BRose, CC, CP, CV, MM, NF, T2

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I completed 2 RtU a couple times, unlucky with the victory laps ball so far though. For skill shot I try to take the right loop, then drain then take the left loop next skill shot, so then you won't get stuck in bumpers every shot up the loops and the 5way combo is much easier and total annihilation comes pretty fast

Good thinking. I've been using the skill shot for the right loop, but never thought to let it drain and go for the left loop too

Gatchan77

Dec 2, 2014
Still second place at the silver (PSN) but i can't play it anymore :mad: When i join the tournament on PS3 i am now in the bronze one ... (again !!).

JustinCamp

Sep 23, 2015
Ugh so frustrating, got battle for the kingdom started with 1 minute left. obviously not enough time to capitolize. Should I just be getting multiballs over and over?

invitro

May 4, 2012
Ugh so frustrating, got battle for the kingdom started with 1 minute left. obviously not enough time to capitolize. Should I just be getting multiballs over and over?
Justin, that's my experience and what I'm wondering also. I've started BftK two times, with 0:55 and a little more than a minute left. The first one I did well and had two castle hits left.

I'm basically ignorant about what to do on MM, but maybe castles and bonus are also important?

(I see I'm #3 in Steam Gold but apparently switch3flip and Sir Moovenstein haven't turned their attentions to MM yet. And I didn't keep notes for this game and don't remember it. I think I was focusing on regular multiball and jackpots/SJ's, and not going for BftK in that game.)

EDIT: I did take some notes for a game from yesterday, where I was trying for BftK, and ended with 255M:
15:01 13M, started MB Madness with everything, one castle done.
13:01 54M, MB Madness over, 2 castles done.
11:51 64M, Royal Madness completed.
~10:40 drain, got 28M bonus.
3:01 185M, have all castles and trolls circles for BftK, need all four others.
0:55 BftK started.
0:00 255M, needed two castle hits for BftK victory.

Last edited:

L33

Aug 20, 2014
I'll be made up if I can stay in the top 20 :) Starting to get the hang of this game...slowly...but not sure if I should be aiming for specific shots or just trying to hang in there for the full 20 min duration! The cab definitely makes me enjoy the game more. It's the first time I've played Champion Pub on PC...normally it's iPad and I disliked it with a passion...but on the cab it's like a completely different game and I enjoyed playing it. In fact, I'm enjoying this tournament more than others I've played...probably the choice of tables I guess.

sneakynotsneaky

Feb 21, 2015
Can someone put me out of my misery and help me understand how I'm supposed to do Champion Pub? I absolutely loathe the TPA version of it (I quite like the real thing). I just can't get anything going on it ever. I understand the 2x purse strategy, I understand the jab combo + smart punch strategy, but it's the one table I just can't get to the next level on. I have 116m in the tournament and something like 300m or so as my regular high score. Am I missing something?

Voof

Sep 22, 2015
In short, get smart punches, get through the fights, get to the cash fights, try to get 1b plus

invitro

May 4, 2012
Can someone put me out of my misery and help me understand how I'm supposed to do Champion Pub? I absolutely loathe the TPA version of it (I quite like the real thing). I just can't get anything going on it ever. I understand the 2x purse strategy, I understand the jab combo + smart punch strategy, but it's the one table I just can't get to the next level on. I have 116m in the tournament and something like 300m or so as my regular high score. Am I missing something?
Yep, it's all about the cash fights. Get to them with extra time / balls, start them, choose max points, win them.

ParallaxScroll

Aug 21, 2012
Justin, that's my experience and what I'm wondering also. I've started BftK two times, with 0:55 and a little more than a minute left. The first one I did well and had two castle hits left.

I'm basically ignorant about what to do on MM, but maybe castles and bonus are also important?

(I see I'm #3 in Steam Gold but apparently switch3flip and Sir Moovenstein haven't turned their attentions to MM yet. And I didn't keep notes for this game and don't remember it. I think I was focusing on regular multiball and jackpots/SJ's, and not going for BftK in that game.)

EDIT: I did take some notes for a game from yesterday, where I was trying for BftK, and ended with 255M:
15:01 13M, started MB Madness with everything, one castle done.
13:01 54M, MB Madness over, 2 castles done.
11:51 64M, Royal Madness completed.
~10:40 drain, got 28M bonus.
3:01 185M, have all castles and trolls circles for BftK, need all four others.
0:55 BftK started.
0:00 255M, needed two castle hits for BftK victory.

I reached BftK in the last tournament game I played, with I think under 2 minutes left. The problem is I'm so used to having troll bombs for this part that I struggle to make the castle shots with those trolls in the way. Since I was in a hurry I didn't take the time to save up troll bombs beforehand. I guess I need to either get good at hitting the castle between the trolls, or find a fast way to get at least one bomb while I rush to BftK.

invitro

May 4, 2012
I reached BftK in the last tournament game I played, with I think under 2 minutes left. The problem is I'm so used to having troll bombs for this part that I struggle to make the castle shots with those trolls in the way. Since I was in a hurry I didn't take the time to save up troll bombs beforehand. I guess I need to either get good at hitting the castle between the trolls, or find a fast way to get at least one bomb while I rush to BftK.
I don't know if I've ever beaten BftK without using 2 bombs, or maybe 1 bomb. It takes a lot of time to get one though. I didn't have any bombs in that game I posted, but I was hitting the castle semi-decently.

ParallaxScroll

Aug 21, 2012
I don't know if I've ever beaten BftK without using 2 bombs, or maybe 1 bomb. It takes a lot of time to get one though. I didn't have any bombs in that game I posted, but I was hitting the castle semi-decently.

I wonder if there's a reliable way to get Merlin to give you bombs.

JustinCamp

Sep 23, 2015
I had 3 troll bombs going into BFTK with just over a minute left. I thought I was killing it but it took me a minute to finish catapult to start BFTK.......sadly I did not make it.....grrrr. On a high note some of my best MM games ever, if only for not having 20 min limit haha. Fun stuff! Great scores invitro, I am trying to climb the rungs below you but not much time with finals next week. If only I could hit the damn shots on T2!!!!!

JustinCamp

Sep 23, 2015
As for Champion Pub, I have gotten to cash fights many times and blown it so far this tourney. Always get smart punches on ball launch.....dont die in fights.....I say forget the multiballs for this tournament unless you are trying to build the jackpot to jackpot deluxe still......

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
Same deal here on MM. 240m. Missed BFTK by one shot. No bombs. Had 3:45 left after timing out on BFTK. Enough time to really choke it up on a castle multi-ball. Getting the 50 mil for BFTK would of put me in 2nd with a pretty good shot at the 308m that is in first right now. My 253m game was pretty much castle multi-ball with 5 castles destroyed.

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
Really at this point there's a few people battling for second place in mobile gold. Can't see anyone taking down Toolnit at this point.

invitro

May 4, 2012
A couple of games...

MM: my plan was to forget about BftK, and go for regular MB, bonus, and castles, and a good MB Madness.
8:00 - 63M, just started full MB Madness, still on 1st ball.
3:29 - 138M, after completing Royal Madness, 73X, three castles, still on 1st ball.
0:20 - drained, 91X for 117M bonus, giving 279M.
0:01 - destroyed 4th castle.
0:00 - 288M, passing switch3flip (the guy I'm trying to beat) for #3 on MM.
I'm thrilled that I lasted the whole game on one ball. I don't think I played regular MB well -- I couldn't hit the orbits when I tried -- and I maybe should've gotten more castles, but I was too scared of draining to shoot for it in one-ball mode. And my MB Madness was awful, I think. I'll take it, unless s3f beats it.

CV: my plan was to have a great Party MB, play out Juggler MB and maybe regular MB, otherwise play as fast as I can. I don't have a plan for bonus on CV because I don't know what to do... it seems that draining after getting Ring 3, or maybe after a 10/10/10, is a good idea, but I don't know. And I shot Side Show first and restarted until I got Cannon Ball Run.
5:28 - 118M, started Party MB. I think I'd gotten some good points from Strike An Arc MB, which I wasn't trying for because I don't know a strategy for it. I think this is a very good score for me at this time point. I'd been very fast, and played the MB's well; I even collected Acrobats when I wanted to.
3:16 - 169M after Party MB. I think this is a great Party MB for me. I was pretty fast in Join the Cirqus, except had some trouble with the ramp in Step 2 as usual. My score on CV was 170.5M for #6, and #2 is only 183.1M, so I'm feeling good.
~1:00 - started Juggler MB with Ringmaster half-raised, but the camera screwed up and was in ball launch position. Oy vey! I couldn't finish the Ringmaster. I had about 0:20 left when down to one ball, and collected Ringmaster (for 4M?), but there was too little time to drain and collect bonus... I don't know what bonus would've been.
0:00 - 180.4M, #4.

This tourney has been a blast with all the fun tables. I've put a whole lot of time into it and feel a bit sheepish about that. :eek: I'm trying to beat switch3flip for third and have a 4-point lead. Oops, looks like he's just tied me, gotta see what that's about. :)

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
Tourney is over now. So here's my strategy for all the tables:

AFM:
Play only one (if possible) total annihilation for 20 minutes. Nothing else. Go for the total annihilation jackpot from time to time. Use the super skill shot to complete one of the lanes/ramps first.

MM:
Same as AFM, play only one multiball madness with the super jackpot at max. For the trolls shoot merlins magic first. Restart the game if the award isn't trolls. During multiball madness play the right ramp and the double super jackpot castle shot only. Results in a big end of ball bonus and good super jet points.

CV:
Play juggler multiball for 20 minutes with 3 balls. Use the railroad eject from the juggler to catch every ball and shoot again for the left lane.

CP:
Of course the cash fights. Drain all multiballs as fast as possible. Best if you have more than 10 minutes left for the final cash fights.

CC:
Use the skillshot for a quick draw award. Play the bounty after getting the quick shot. If you get the 1M bonus award play the game, otherwise restart. Now the boring gameplay: multiball after multiball. Main goal is to max the bonus multiplicator.

BR:
Simple gameplay. Use the 3ball multiball to collect letters. Use the time between multiballs to sink ships.

NF:
Start and ignore all modes to reach meet your maker as fast as possible. The super jackpot is the best scoring goal in the game. 50 shots = 10B.

T2:
Play the right lane only. There's a million plus feature if you're fast enough. Can be more than a super jackpot and it's much faster.

Last edited:

JustinCamp

Sep 23, 2015
So you can either have fun in tournaments and play pinball tables, or just play multiballs mostly and try to win......nice score!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.