PC Tourney #6, 2015-12-04: AFM, BRose, CC, CP, CV, MM, NF, T2

Voof

Sep 22, 2015
Yeah, I literally played t2 and gritted my teeth... Sorry stream viewers, we are doing this for 20 minutes!

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Nooooooo I was exactly tied with extork in mobile gold with 626.383 and I just doubled my black rose score with 636mil. Very carefully posted my score and the tournament ended and it didn't go through ( the website said we had 6 hours left).
All I can say is NOOOOOOOO. :)

Fun tournament everybody.

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
Second again. Congrats Toolnit well played as always. Congrats to all those promoted. Excellent tables although T2 is a drag. A one shot pony. Right ramp or nothin. Had a hard time with the catch. Not sure if something changed in T2 physics wise but I remember the catch on the left flipper from the right ramp to be much more predictable. Lots of strange uncontrollable bounces. Oh well that's pinball folks. See y'all in the next one.

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
Does anybody know how the all time ranking is calculated? I think I've seen it posted here but I can't find it. Wondering what each spot is worth in points. Moved up to 5th all time in mobile but would like to know how many points can be earned each tourney.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Thanks for the hints, Tarek. Now, I can't keep a multiball going for 20 minutes on any table, so I'll have to stick to the worse-but-more-fun strategies! ;)

CC:
Use the skillshot for a quick draw award. Play the bounty after getting the quick shot. If you get the 1M bonus award play the game, otherwise restart. Now the boring gameplay: multiball after multiball. Main goal is to max the bonus multiplicator.

I'm wondering why the CC scores were so much lower than they were in June. Dizzer2012's #1 331M would've been #6 in Bronze; my #2 250M would've been #13; I got 353M on CC in June and Dizzer2012 got 372M. vikingerik got 424M for #1! (This tourney's PSN Gold did a little better than PC, but still far behind June PC Bronze.)

ParallaxScroll

Aug 21, 2012
I'm wondering why the CC scores were so much lower than they were in June. Dizzer2012's #1 331M would've been #6 in Bronze; my #2 250M would've been #13; I got 353M on CC in June and Dizzer2012 got 372M. vikingerik got 424M for #1! (This tourney's PSN Gold did a little better than PC, but still far behind June PC Bronze.)

Have CC physics changed since then?

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
There is no way I'm playing a twenty minute multi ball.
Not even close. I know I can't do that so its the more riskier strategy for me. MM especially. I would never play a regular game with such abandon but it's really fun going for the risk vs reward shots. Kinda like golf. Safe golf sucks but is good for scoring.

Last edited:

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
My pick for #1 overall now is Voof, with #1 on CV, #2 on AFM and MM, and #3 on CC. Right behind him is @alambic5480, scoring on the same tables, with #1's on AFM and MM (a mind-blowing 463M!), and #2 on CC.

Contending: Tarek, switch3flip, @Dizzer2012, @Sir_Moovenstein, and dylan_h.

(I expect [MENTION=1051]Pinballwiz45b[/MENTION], who is just behind this group, to join them if he has time to play more this month. And I'm hoping [MENTION=3745]vikingerik[/MENTION] and [MENTION=623]JPelter[/MENTION] join in, with this great slate of tables... we might be back to Gottlieb & Sega/Stern madness next month so this is a great month to play... it's more fun to compete! ;) Sorry... :eek: )

Since I was mentioned... I'm still waiting for DX11 to get fixed up to the same standards as DX9, although my main issue really is that I don't like the 20 minute format at all. I'll play again eventually but it'll probably be non-competitively.

Last edited:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Can someone put me out of my misery and help me understand how I'm supposed to do Champion Pub? I absolutely loathe the TPA version of it (I quite like the real thing). I just can't get anything going on it ever. I understand the 2x purse strategy, I understand the jab combo + smart punch strategy, but it's the one table I just can't get to the next level on. I have 116m in the tournament and something like 300m or so as my regular high score. Am I missing something?

This is verbatman how I felt the whole time. Even after I heard about cash fights, I don't even think I've ever even gotten that far. Could only get to 129mil. And come to think of it, in regular play, I doubt I've even gotten to 300mil. You're definitely not the only one Sneaky

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015

I've noticed the same for CC and have given up to go for a good #1 score after a few attempts. I never liked this table but it seems that after the physics 3.0 update the gameplay is much harder than before. The flippers feel way to weak and in addition I believe the bumpers are weaker too. It's not that easy as before to max the bonus multiplicator. Not sure about this, it's been a long time ago since my last serious game...

L33

Aug 20, 2014
Most enjoyable tournament so far. Not checked to see where I placed, but was aiming for top 20 :) (LAB) Had a good few games on AFM and BR...at least good for me...which hopefully saved me from relegation, though I need to double check. It probably helps big time knowing how the table works and how to score in the most productive way...but I certainly can't keep up a 20min multiball so a 20min game completed and Im happy. To have played some excellent rounds and still be at the bottom of the group just goes to show how good some players are. But I like to think of myself as being in the top 20 'virtual pinball players' in the world.......ha ha...at least thats what I tell all my non pinball playing friends! ;)

Ayrton12

May 31, 2015
Tournament indeed was fun, I enjoyed all of the tables. Finally put me at place 36 of 98 or so in the silver league, I guess that is where I belong :)

Played a nice MM as tournament reprise an hour ago and failed the Battle for the Kingdom again... Head->Table... at least it got me my first Barnyard Multiball, that one was actually so funny that I drained the balls way to fast :D
New personal best for me, so still happy with it.

Looking forward to the next tournament to defend my silver spot!

Gatchan77

Dec 2, 2014
4th place for me in silver, demoted again in bronze for the third time and couldn't play anymore.
What a waste of time :eek: I love this game but the tournament are so ****ed up

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
I think I finished 15th in the silver tournament. It seems when I play in a tournament I get a lot of bad breaks which prevents me from posting higher scores, but did manage some top ten finishes on a few tables.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.