OS Version: Windows 7
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560Ti
Ram: 9GB
Version #(Bottom right of game screen): 1.20.4
Display Mode: Full Screen
Display Resolution: 1920x1080

Frequency of Occurrence: 100% of the time

Expected Result: Insert decals match ambient lighting of playfield art
Actual Result: Insert decals vary, some are unrealistically bright.

These cosmetic flaws from the beta are still present in release version.
See original thread from beta forum: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...-TOTAN-are-overbright-some-are-normal-looking

Lalocage

Nov 2, 2013
Darn, they've caught on!

Just kidding. According to our engine developer, the offset for point sampling was originally set up/calibrated on our machines. Switching to bilinear sampling fixed the issue for people having jagged textures but creates a blur for others. I'll probably just end up adding an option to the config to choose either point or bilinear sampling for post processing.

Here's a nice article that sums the two sampling methods up: http://www.gamedev.net/blog/411/entry-1418201-point-sampling-vs-bilinear-sampling/

Yes, add it as soon as you can please.

Lalocage

Nov 2, 2013
Difference after the patch for nvidia gtx 570 (before the patch it looked nice):

PP ON

20131124_00001.jpg

And PP OFF

20131124_00002.jpg

neurokinetik

Nov 23, 2013
Title Bug: General: Table goes into "limbo" if you hit the back button after entering a high score.
Graphics Card: 2x NVIDIA Geforce GTX480 SLi
Ram: 6Gb
Version #: 1.20.4 (but noticed this in prior version as well)
Display Resolution: 1200x1920 portrait

Frequency of Occurrence: Happened to me several times before I figured out how to reproduce it. Have confirmed it to happen on at least Pinbot, Scared Stiff and Theatre of Magic.

Expected Result: Hitting back button should take me back to the table selection menu
Actual Result: End up with the table on the screen in attract mode, but no ability to access any of the menus or start a game. In one instance, I've had it go back to re-entering the high score, but getting stuck there, never able to exit.

Comment: After entering a high score, the next menu that comes up has a back button on it. If you select it, you will end up back at the table with no way out other than ending the process in task manager. Obviously, doing this also means whatever goals you achieved on that table (as well as your high score) will be lost.

Klopek

Apr 29, 2012
Title Bug: Tables with alpha/numeric displays which are horizontally aligned have the final character box of the left display cut-off in portrait mode (i.e. ETPM, Dr. Dude)
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Graphics Card: AMD 7970
Ram: 16GB
Version #: 1.20.4
Display Resolution: 2560x1440 Portrait

Frequency of Occurrence: Always.

Expected Result: Both displays are fully visible.
Actual Result: The last character box of first/left display is not visible.

Comment: There's a small amount of space to the left and right of the displays so there may just be room to display both, assuming you're not worried about people with over-scan problems.

Example:

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Title Bug: General: Table goes into "limbo" if you hit the back button after entering a high score.

Frequency of Occurrence: Happened to me several times before I figured out how to reproduce it. Have confirmed it to happen on at least Pinbot, Scared Stiff and Theatre of Magic.

Expected Result: Hitting back button should take me back to the table selection menu
Actual Result: End up with the table on the screen in attract mode, but no ability to access any of the menus or start a game. In one instance, I've had it go back to re-entering the high score, but getting stuck there, never able to exit.

Comment: After entering a high score, the next menu that comes up has a back button on it. If you select it, you will end up back at the table with no way out other than ending the process in task manager. Obviously, doing this also means whatever goals you achieved on that table (as well as your high score) will be lost.
Argh, still happening? :(

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
1. Portrait cameras are still broken on Fun House.

2. High score initial entry on non-dmd tables is still hard-coded to xbox 360 trigger buttons, even when flippers have been re-mapped to other buttons

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Bug still found in 1.20.4: After entering in initials on high score screen, Back button goes back to table but no in-game controls (controller, mouse, or keyboard) I can find work after that. So no way to exit table at that point without using CTRL-ESC and killing TPA from task manager or task bar in Windows. Tested this time on MM. Same problem I had with Version 1.19.6 that I had mentioned in:

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...omething-wrong?p=114885&viewfull=1#post114885

and in the two posts before that one. Others in that thread after me also echoed the problem, said then that there was already a bug report on it, and that based on what they had heard from FS that it was already going to be "fixed in next patch" (1.20.4). But I am not finding this is fixed. If others do not have the same problem I am describing here with the Back button, please let me know.

Last edited:

iCub

Oct 8, 2012
Darn, they've caught on!

Just kidding. According to our engine developer, the offset for point sampling was originally set up/calibrated on our machines. Switching to bilinear sampling fixed the issue for people having jagged textures but creates a blur for others. I'll probably just end up adding an option to the config to choose either point or bilinear sampling for post processing.

Here's a nice article that sums the two sampling methods up: http://www.gamedev.net/blog/411/entry-1418201-point-sampling-vs-bilinear-sampling/

Glad to see the problem was tracked down, but surely there must be a solution that doesn't compromise on quality for one group of players?

The idea of a toggle sounds like a temporary fix at best and while great for Nividia users, it's merely giving ATI (and some Intel) owners the choice between jaggies or fuzzies if they want PP. This is the only game where I have had a problem like this so there must be a complete solution somehow.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
Here's a purchase bug:

When you're in the trial version of any table that you don't own (for me that's all season 2 tables at the moment) and go to the pause menu, it offers you the option to "unlock". This opens a dialog that wants you to pay € 9,99 for the "remaining 4 tables". It doesn't go to the season or table pack purchase screens. Haven't tried what would happen, if one paid for this "unlock option"...

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
BUG: on Class of 1812 jaw is not animated during multiball.
hre is exmple how it works on real table:

and heart squeeze for some reason when it flash - dont see this on real table too.
and not sure what heart is flashing properly during multiball - on video it flash something like with a music rythm

Last edited:

PardonMeHippo

Jun 12, 2012
Bug: Victory - Local scores don't register after 100,000,000
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 7870
Ram: 8GB
Frequency of Occurrence: 2/2
Expected Result: Local high scores to be recorded normally after a score roll over at 99,999,999
Actual Result: High score doesn't record after game over

Comment: I suspect this is similar to behavior thats happened on other tables where only the last 8 digits are being counted for determining high scores
NOTE: Roll over scores DO upload properly to the online leaderboard.

overzealot

Jun 1, 2013
Title Bug: Configuration utility returns wrong resolutions when 3 screens attached
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD6950
Ram: 8GB
Display Mode: any
Display Resolution: Any

Frequency of Occurrence: Every time

Expected Result: Each display should list supported resolutions
Actual Result: 2nd and 3rd display resolutions are swapped, game crashes on launch because I can't select a supported resolution.

Comment: I have 3 different size monitors attached - 2 by DVI, one by Displayport. All have different native resolutions and aspect ratios.
When using the configuration utility with one or two screens, the utility reports the correct resolution for each screen.
When a 3rd screen is enabled, the first screen is correct but 2nd returns the 3rd's resolutions (and vice versa).

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
Title Bug: Double Jackpot wizard goal still locked on Dr. Dude
Graphics Card: ---
Ram: ---
Version #(Bottom right of game screen): 1.20.4

Frequency of Occurrence: 100% of the time

I have achieved the double jackpot wizard goal a couple of times, but it`s still locked.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
I'm not doing a full bug report because I have no idea about the cause, but Firepower still often requires you tilting away your bonus on the last ball to actually finish the game. Total guesswork on my part is that the game waits for locked balls to release and be counted or something similar, but the game never releases them so it just waits till you tilt out.

Last edited:

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Title Bug: General - El Dorado and Cue Ball Wizard. Leaderboards behave inconsistently and scores on these two tables don't upload into the farsight leaderboards.
OS Version: Windows 7 64bit
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660
Ram: 16GB
Display Mode: Windowed

Frequency of Occurrence: Constant as far as I can tell

Expected Result: Checking leaderboards from within the game to show correct results. Scores visible on Farsight website leaderboards.
Actual Result: Checking leaderboards from within the game shows no results at all or occasionally results of other tables instead. Personal scores are not on Farsight website leaderboards.

Comment: Going straight to CBW or El Dorado leaderboards within the game shows no scores for anyone in any category. Going to some other leaderboard and scrolling left or right to the leaderboards of the two tables shows scores for some other tables instead. No scores I've made on either table is visible on the Farsight website leaderboards, or any place at all besides the local high score table in game.

Note: I've verified game file cache within steam, and checked that the other table leaderboards seem to behave normally. Only the most recent pack is flaking out.

Last edited:

K3V

Nov 1, 2013

This is happening to me as well.

Spitfire

Apr 6, 2013
Blurred tables

Darn, they've caught on!

After sampling all the tables before the update I couldn't beleive how crystal clear the tables were on my virtual cabinet. I purchased both seasons and was really enjoying my pinball arcade experience. Now since the update my tables all have a blue to them and I am not happy at all.

This needs to be fixed ASAP please with option in config or anything to et back that crisp high def look to the tables again. As I can't bring myself to play anymore without feeling not quite right.

alexb

Nov 5, 2013
Hi just found a bug.

Title bug:All the tables have a wave like ripple going across the screen.
os version:windows 7
graphics card: nvidia geforce gtx 650Ti
Ram: 4gb
display mode: fullscreen
resolution: 1080 x 1920 portrait

was working fine yesterday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.