PC Version 1.22.7 Discussion and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
I pivoted my screen and gave a test at the 10:16 playfield today, and I was totally blown away at how awesome it is. Kudos to FS for making that work properly. I was a bit dubious beforehand but it really transforms the game visually and it feels like it's easier to play when you can see everything at once. One small nag is that there's some strange texture flickering on the right edge of the playfield sometimes in portrait mode, but it's not a gamebreaker or anything and this is definitely how I'm playing from now on.

lio

Jul 24, 2013

I noticed that as well.
Just the changed playfield alone wouldn't look so much worse (even though it looks worse) I think but it's the combination of the darkened/dulled playfield with the stronger lit plastics/ramps that looks out of place - how can the playfield get darker while the other elements get brighter at the same time? it just does not fit... also I always think it looks weird just how bright that starpost in the right outlane is while the surrounding playfield area is almost black.

Ball reflection high - http://s12.postimg.org/p4dae3fwt/2014_01_19_00005.jpg
Still "not right"! Needs more shine!

As far as I know the ball reflection setting does not refer to the strenght or shinyness of the reflection but how often it is rendered - "high" means 60/60 fps, while medium is 30/60 from what I recall.
Also, do you have post processing turned off? The ball looks a lot shinier for me when I play the table.

Last edited:

infernogott

Apr 6, 2012
High means all balls in multiball will have reflection, while low means that the balls in multiball will have no reflection.

keithmoon

Dec 17, 2013
I pivoted my screen and gave a test at the 10:16 playfield today, and I was totally blown away at how awesome it is. Kudos to FS for making that work properly. I was a bit dubious beforehand but it really transforms the game visually and it feels like it's easier to play when you can see everything at once. One small nag is that there's some strange texture flickering on the right edge of the playfield sometimes in portrait mode, but it's not a gamebreaker or anything and this is definitely how I'm playing from now on.

did it too. it's great! but it depends on the table you play. with firepower (for example) you never see the L. & R. outlanes, so you could not perfectly react. every table has a different viewpoint scale (why??). some are ok some sucks. check the cameras 1-4 compared to all tables you own. the 4th cam-position make my aiming perfect, but only with some tables. best sollution could be a user controlled viewport.

Last edited:

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
did it too. it's great! but it depends on the table you play. with firepower (for example) you never see the L. & R. outlanes, so you could not perfectly react. every table has a different viewpoint scale (why??). some are ok some sucks. check the cameras 1-4 compared to all tables you own. the 4th cam-position make my aiming perfect, but only with some tables. best sollution could be a user controlled viewport.

I tested firepower today and on cam 3 I can see the outlanes fine apart from the bottom side section but there's no saving the ball at that point anyway. Are you using 1200x1920 or 1080x1920? I'm curious if that makes a difference.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I noticed that as well.
Just the changed playfield alone wouldn't look so much worse (even though it looks worse) I think but it's the combination of the darkened/dulled playfield with the stronger lit plastics/ramps that looks out of place - how can the playfield get darker while the other elements get brighter at the same time? it just does not fit... also I always think it looks weird just how bright that starpost in the right outlane is while the surrounding playfield area is almost black.

As far as I know the ball reflection setting does not refer to the strenght or shinyness of the reflection but how often it is rendered - "high" means 60/60 fps, while medium is 30/60 from what I recall.
Also, do you have post processing turned off? The ball looks a lot shinier for me when I play the table.

High means all balls in multiball will have reflection, while low means that the balls in multiball will have no reflection.

Close

High = All balls get updated every frame.
Low = One ball gets updated each frame and it alternates.
None = No reflection at all.

Resolution of the reflection is the same for Low and High, and "shininess" is a different issue.

p6800

May 17, 2013
.."shininess" is a different issue."

So can we assume the fact that the "wrong" ball shininess on black rose has been acknowledged and it will be fixed in the bk2k update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts