Performance issues on Xperia Z2 tablet

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
I'm not sure how to describe this, but it feels like frame drop or something like that. Every few seconds game stops for a very brief moment.
I do have this tablet for a while but I didn't have time for further testing but this weekend I tried few other games that are much more demanding than TPA (dungeon hunter, asphalt, sky force....) and they all run fine. Zaccaria also runs fine. But no matter what I do TPA has issues. Stopping other services doesn't help. Changing TPA setting doesn't help. I'm not using power save mode on tablet.
I'm not sure if it is something about SONYs kernel or TPA itself but HW should be more than enough for TPA.
I'm running rooted stock 5.02 t-com firmware. Don't have time to experiment with something else at the moment.

Anyone else with SONY devices?

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Having a similar issue with TPA on a Note 4.
Like you say more demanding apps don't give it a problem, but TPA has Framerate drop, and settings don't affect it.
You can see it mostly on my device when the camera pans between the table view, and the plunger lane view. You can really see it jump there.
Reported this a few times now and emailed support also.

Samsung Note 4 SM-910F Running LP5.0.1 Adreno 420 GPU.

Shooday

Jul 24, 2013
Same problem for me with TPA on the Sony Xperia Z2 tablet. Works fine on my Sony Xperia Z3 phone and my older ASUS Transformer tab...both run the same version of Android. I've tried stopping every service I can but still the frame stuttering occurs. Any recommendations?

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
Try disabling auto sync? Android settings >accounts
See if, once it is disabled, the problem happens. Sometimes a background sync can grab thread focus, Android can be funny that way.
I assume you've already tried texture, detail and mipmapping in game settings

Sounds of like issues the Nexus 10 used to have, does it happen on every table or just certain ones?

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Does it appear to have frames stuttering?
On mine personally, the ball moves at the pace expected, but framerate drops.
Can get as low as around 5fps approximately.
Sent an email to support a few weeks back.
Really shows when camera pans from table to plunger lane view, but does occur during play too.

Wolis

Jul 12, 2012
Same problem here on Google Nexus 6.

As mentioned other apps run fine.

Seems most noticeable when the ball is down near the flippers (worst time for screen stutters :)

What's really interesting is the effect is amplified when I try using bluetooth Moga controller and I hold in a flipper button.

I too emailed support@ but have yet to get a reply.

Additional info: simpler tables like Gorgar don't exhibit the problem until I use bluetooth Moga. Complex tables like Mediaeval Madness has the problem and it's made worse with Bluetooth.

I have yet to try disabled background sync.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
I flashed my tab with official 5.1.1 firmware and it is better than before. At least, it is playable now. I'll try 4.4.4 when I find some time.

truestone

Oct 20, 2015
There's hope for us all

On my Xperia tablet Z, all was fine until the first Android 5 upgrade, after which happened what the first post described. Not unplayable but an undeniable setback. The later upgrade to Android 5.1 didn't change that.

Over the weekend, I backed up, unlocked and wiped the tablet, flashed the latest Cyanogenmod 12 (Android 5.1), installed TPA cleanly, and the stuttering was just as bad. Wiped and flashed Cyanogenmod 11 (Android 4.4) and the game ran smoothly again. So clearly, Android 5 is to blame, right? Wrong.

I ended up flashing back the current stock Sony firmware (Android 5.1), installed almost all the apps I had before, and restored the user data, so that even the table highscores were just like before, but... the stuttering was gone. It still runs smoothly after a few days and rebooting.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
On my Xperia tablet Z, all was fine until the first Android 5 upgrade, after which happened what the first post described. Not unplayable but an undeniable setback. The later upgrade to Android 5.1 didn't change that.

Over the weekend, I backed up, unlocked and wiped the tablet, flashed the latest Cyanogenmod 12 (Android 5.1), installed TPA cleanly, and the stuttering was just as bad. Wiped and flashed Cyanogenmod 11 (Android 4.4) and the game ran smoothly again. So clearly, Android 5 is to blame, right? Wrong.

I ended up flashing back the current stock Sony firmware (Android 5.1), installed almost all the apps I had before, and restored the user data, so that even the table highscores were just like before, but... the stuttering was gone. It still runs smoothly after a few days and rebooting.
Still can't use it on my Note 4 due to this same issue.
The odd time I still play TPA, I have to bust out my three and a half year old N7 to get a lag free game.

It's literally the only app that causes any issues with the Note4, so for me this has to be a TPA issue.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
Restoring data is something that I always do. But that didn't help. Actually, I was thinking that maybe restore is the problem so I started over. But only flashing back 4.4 helped.

Shooday

Jul 24, 2013
7 months later...still no fix for Xperia Z2 using Android 5.1.1...i hope M will fix it...i sure miss TPA...no Season 5 (or later) purchase from me until there's a fix!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.