Phew... Nudging...

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
Playing the current tournament really made me feel disappointed about current nudging abilities...

I want to rest my thumb down on the screen to flip the ball, while moving it in any direction to nudge the table - maybe with a definable dead zone/threshold.

Pretty please with sugar on top?!

...oh c'mon! 700mil on space shuttle. Time to take a break :) getting frustrated here :p

Last edited:

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I can't nudge worth a hill of beans with the current nudge system. Once in a while, I'm able to time the nudge properly if I know where the ball is going (like SDTM) and I have enough time to react. I personally have a thumb/flipper position that is very low on the screen to prevent blocking the view of the outlanes. The current flipper/nudge border is halfway up the screen...that's a far reach to get to the nudge zone. It would be great if the zones were configurable.

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
I personally have a thumb/flipper position that is very low on the screen to prevent blocking the view of the outlanes... It would be great if the zones were configurable.

I gotta do that (hold low) when on miPhone, but on miPad I hold the middle so that I tap right at the top of the flip zone, which allows a much shorter reach for the nudge zone. I've gotten pretty good at this, but it could be better with:

1 - forward nudge - gotta gotta have this!
2 - configurable zones for flippers and nudging.
3 - some sort of visible indication of where the zone demarcations are. I'm thinking something as simple as thin horizontal lines starting at the edges of the screen and extending inwards by 1/4":

(this is how I'd do my zones -- lower half = flip, small middle section for left & right nudge, upper sections (both left and right) for forward nudge)
TotAN1.png

or some sort of transparent button/rectangle/area that shows the zones:

(if you're holding the bottom of the iPad you might do something like this?)
TotAN2.png

Rumor has it that FS is going to do configurable controls and/or forward nudging, but I've seen nothing official and have no clue what their plan is. Hurry up and wait! :^)

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
So far I'm in around the 350th spot with hardly any effort. I just don't have much motivation to try harder because when the ball goes hurling towards the outlanes or the center it's really difficult to nudge. That is unless someone knows of a way to have a third finger on the flipper at the same time which is required...I can't wait for the PC version to come out.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
It was jarring at first, but I'm used to it now. I nudge a lot, too. Don't have any problems. Probably took about a month or two to get good at it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.