Pinball Arcade @ Pax East in Boston

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
New England Pinball Arcade Fans, you heard that right!

"It's official! We will be attending PAX East April 11-13th in Boston.
As always, we would love to see our fans there!"

Are any of you coming to meet the creators? I would love to, but I might have school over that time.

Still, FarSight employees, if you are reading this, I suggest you get some time at http://pinballwizardarcade.com The Pinball Wizard Arcade in Pelham NH (you know, the one that me and Nightwing have been blathering about?). They have over 100 machines, with beautiful examples of machines you could put in TPA. Mousin' Around & Earthshaker, anyone? :)

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I will be out of town for a convention in Dallas. So pissed I can't defy physics and be in two places at once. If anyone is going and needs a hotel room, please send me a message.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
I think my brother is going, so he's under orders to grab me a few freebies if Farsight brings anything.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Damn, I'll be too busy living in Australia to go. Shame they couldn't schedule it just before or just after Texas.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Damn, I'll be too busy living in Australia to go. Shame they couldn't schedule it just before or just after Texas.

Penny Arcade is less of a pinball event and more of a Videogame culture event. Gaming is actually secondary to cosplay, live musical performances and other stusales of games and decorations/paintings/swords that is directly inspired by gaming. They have a bunch of events all over the country. I went to Katsucon last year outside of DC.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I always attend PAX East,and at the very least I'll be attending on Sunday. I'm also in the process of applying for a media pass,and if I do get one,then I'll make it a goal to get Farsight on my segment.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I'll be there for sure on Sunday,and my main goal will be to get some FS/TPA coverage for my show.

Zippy

Feb 26, 2014
I do PAX East every year, will totally stop by the FarSight booth and say hi.

Not much pinball at PAX, but last year I did attend a demo by a pro pinball player. Would be even better if they had a pinball freeplay room!

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I do PAX East every year, will totally stop by the FarSight booth and say hi.

Not much pinball at PAX, but last year I did attend a demo by a pro pinball player. Would be even better if they had a pinball freeplay room!

They do have a classic arcade freeplay room. Last year the selection included two tables - a Williams Flash & a rare Alvin G. pin - Al's Garage Band Goes On A World Tour.

I'm pretty sure the arcade will be back again this year...

Zippy

Feb 26, 2014
Oh yeah, you are right, they did have two pinball machines last year.

But, they were machines that I don't recall from my youth, so the nostalgia of the video games that do bring me back is a much more vivid memory. And yes, of course, the Classic Freeplay will be back again this year. I guess my fantasy was to shut down Pinball Wizard for the weekend, and haul all their machines down to PAX so I can play them for free. :p

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Oh yeah, you are right, they did have two pinball machines last year.

But, they were machines that I don't recall from my youth, so the nostalgia of the video games that do bring me back is a much more vivid memory. And yes, of course, the Classic Freeplay will be back again this year. I guess my fantasy was to shut down Pinball Wizard for the weekend, and haul all their machines down to PAX so I can play them for free. :p

That would be awesome!

Zippy

Feb 26, 2014
Hmmmm... I volunteer with PAX, so I just got an early copy of the Expo floor plan... don't see FarSight. I wonder where they are going to stick them?

EDIT:Found them, they are listed under "Pinball Arcade". Duh, should have seen that sooner.

BTW Nightwing, good luck on your with your press pass, they are VERY stingy with them.

Last edited:

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Hmmmm... I volunteer with PAX, so I just got an early copy of the Expo floor plan... don't see FarSight. I wonder where they are going to stick them?

EDIT:Found them, they are listed under "Pinball Arcade". Duh, should have seen that sooner.

BTW Nightwing, good luck on your with your press pass, they are VERY stingy with them.

I didn't get a press pass. Not worthy enough, I guess...

No matter. It says right in the FAQ that if you attend,you can expect to be filmed. I have passes for Sunday,and I plan on shooting some stuff for my show then. And yes,one of those things will hopefully be a interview with the Farsight folks.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I'm bumping this up,as it is PAX East weekend. I'll be there on Sunday,taping segments for my cable access show & having a good time! If any fellow TPA fans want to meet up & say hey - PM me.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Farsight will have Rbion and Harley with them. Come by their booth to meet mike Lindsey and Norman stepanski!

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Hmm, interesting choices of pins there...

they must be bringing another Stern into Season 3. I heard rumors of Jack*Bot being confirmed through TPA bringing Pin*Bot and The Machine to Texas Pinball Fest.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts