Pinball Arcade: "Tiered Tournament!" Talkback

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Well, I can't believe there hasn't been a discussion thread for the latest TPA tournament.
For those who missed it:

TPA has introduced a new tournament system, wherein the rank you received in previous tournaments impacts your starting point in this one. In the Silver Level, top 10% of the players will advance to the gold level, for instance.

I am currently placed #10 in the tournament: mostly due to a hilariously long game of WW and a 10 million+ score on PB. Where's everyone else at?

Eegah

May 12, 2013
Is this where I get to whine about how much I hate Dr. Dude because good God almighty do I hate Dr. Dude.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Yeah, I hate it as well. It's tedious to do... Terminator 2's bounciness is actually getting on my nerves, that's why my scores are so low on it. Still, 13th places isn't bad!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'm not much for the tournaments. I'd rather around 4 tables and maybe 3 goes at each pin.
But I did a quick run through last night to confirm a reported scoreboard bug. I'm in the bronze tier because I haven't been participating. I think I was around 15 or 20.

I just turn the volume off when I play the Dude. I don't mind it if I do that.

Last edited:

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
Hmmm, I actually like Dr. Dude. Guess I'm one of the few! Suppose it's a nostalgia thing since it was one of the pins I had the opportunity to play when I was younger.

K

Korven

Won't be able to put much time into this tournament. Being away from home and not having wi-fi this week AND I managed to get a hand injury yesterday :(

Will try and squeeze in a few games on the phone anyway.

Grrrande

Jul 23, 2012
I'm right behind you at #11, Captain! The highlight so far has been my best ever 164M game of Cirqus Voltaire. MA is very well represented.

Captain Chris

Jun 6, 2012
I'm in 2nd on Pin•Bot and I think 20 something overall in the tournament. Flight 2000 is kicking my ass. It's such a hard table, same with Centaur, I find that hard as well.

Last edited:
K

Korven

I want ebs disabled too, foremost I'd like the same settings for ois and android. I'm looking at you Pin●Bot! Give us android user the ebs we should have according to FS own rules!

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Just got over 7 million on Centaur and over 1 billion in WH2O. Definitely a blast, and now I see why you guys love Centaur so much.

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
Centaur = my favorite "Just Play It!" table.

<----- (note avatar)

P.S. - Also note tourney high score for Centaur. Gonna be tough to beat that! ;)

Eegah

May 12, 2013
Centaur = my favorite "Just Play It!" table.

<----- (note avatar)

P.S. - Also note tourney high score for Centaur. Gonna be tough to beat that! ;)

Curse you Bagginses, we hates it forever

One thing I like about the tourneys is the normalized 0-100 scale gives a more consistent view of how I'm doing compared to the rest of the players. I mean on the general leader boards I'm #2684 on say Gorgar but without knowing how many others have played I don't get a sense of scale, and can't see what tables I need the most improvement in. With this format I can just concentrate on whichever I have the lowest normalized score and when I beat it switch over to the next lowest.

And of course my lowest is Dr. Dude. FML.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
haven't had time to play more than 5 minutes in the current tournament, but was a little surprised i was bronze league. i finished 2nd or 3rd in the first TPA tournament (the one with like a dozen machines?), placed about 8th in the TZ tournament, and i won the STTNG tournament. *shrug* no respect, no respect. </rodneydangerfield> :)

(i know i missed at least one tournament, though, while i was on vacation)

Last edited:

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
No extra balls and one chance per table. That's what I want. The way it is now I don't play in tournaments because I don't have enough free time to devote to it.

I can't stand Dr. Dude either. It's my most hated, detested table in the app. Wait, I forgot about Goin' Nuts. Now I can't pick between the two! :p

Eegah

May 12, 2013
No extra balls and one chance per table. That's what I want. The way it is now I don't play in tournaments because I don't have enough free time to devote to it.

I can't stand Dr. Dude either. It's my most hated, detested table in the app. Wait, I forgot about Goin' Nuts. Now I can't pick between the two! :p

Eh one and done would essentially turn a table like Pin-Bot into a slot machine given its problem with house balls and BS drains. Dude too to an extent, although at least there you can soft plunge.

I like how it's set up for the most part, perhaps making it a best of six tables so you can sit out a stinker.

Tokyo Rose

Jul 13, 2012
Just to clarify: are we allowed to play a table as often as we like in the tournament in order to record the best possible score on that particular table , or is it play each table once and your first effort is recorded and that's it ? I've been wondering for a while now ....

Last edited:

Members online

Members online