iOS - Bug Pinball Arcade Videos

Tokyo Rose

Jul 13, 2012
Hey there,

Now I'm sure this is not a high priority for TPA as they go about fixing bugs in the games and preparing future releases, but I want to take a moment to request that someone take a look at the videos that were offered last year and see if they can do something about getting them to stream properly. I bought both the 'History of Pinball' and 'Pinball 101' on IOS and neither have worked properly since they were released. Specifically, the videos just freeze and refuse to load more data. One has to continuously press play in order to get a second or two of video, and that is just not acceptable for videos of over an hour in length. I recall a few others reporting the same problem on their IOS systems, and this was back in the bugs for version 2.7.0.

I can't be certain, but I believe that this can't be as big a problem to rectify as the ones in the games, and would simply require someone with some computer savvy to sit down and get them streaming properly. As they did cost the same as a game release at the time, and that I have written support earlier (last September, in fact) as well as been patient, couldn't someone at Farsight get on this ? Is anyone else still having problems (or not ) with theirs ?

Thank you.

Here is my original posting: 'Same with me and also on iPad. It will sometimes stream the first 2~3 minutes without much problem, but then freezes up to the point where nothing is able to play. Have seen perhaps 5 minutes at most so far, and that was being patient with the occasional freeze that let one play a little more in a few seconds or so. It's very good so far, so I hope they can work a fix rather than have to give credits or refunds. '

Wrote to support, but awaiting a reply.
Last edited by Tokyo Rose; 09-02-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Last edited:

Terminator

Feb 8, 2014
Works fine for me, you just need a reliable internet connection. Make sure you are in close proximity of your modem. I don't know how the videos work over mobile data. But also be sure to allow the clips to buffer. So pause the video for about 5/10 minutes to allow it to load the clips properly. I doubt this is a bug issue. Just don't use a crappy broadband connection.
Hey there,

Now I'm sure this is not a high priority for TPA as they go about fixing bugs in the games and preparing future releases, but I want to take a moment to request that someone take a look at the videos that were offered last year and see if they can do something about getting them to stream properly. I bought both the 'History of Pinball' and 'Pinball 101' on IOS and neither have worked properly since they were released. Specifically, the videos just freeze and refuse to load more data. One has to continuously press play in order to get a second or two of video, and that is just not acceptable for videos of over an hour in length. I recall a few others reporting the same problem on their IOS systems, and this was back in the bugs for version 2.7.0.

I can't be certain, but I believe that this can't be as big a problem to rectify as the ones in the games, and would simply require someone with some computer savvy to sit down and get them streaming properly. As they did cost the same as a game release at the time, and that I have written support earlier (last September, in fact) as well as been patient, couldn't someone at Farsight get on this ? Is anyone else still having problems (or not ) with theirs ?

Thank you.

Here is my original posting: 'Same with me and also on iPad. It will sometimes stream the first 2~3 minutes without much problem, but then freezes up to the point where nothing is able to play. Have seen perhaps 5 minutes at most so far, and that was being patient with the occasional freeze that let one play a little more in a few seconds or so. It's very good so far, so I hope they can work a fix rather than have to give credits or refunds. '

Wrote to support, but awaiting a reply.
Last edited by Tokyo Rose; 09-02-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Tokyo Rose

Jul 13, 2012
Appreciate the feedback, Terminator.

While occasionally spotty, our home internet is usually pretty good for anything else except for these videos (YouTube, etc.). Will try again what you have suggested, though, but I have already sat for lengthy periods from time to time in the past trying to get something to load.

Update: Again, the best I can get is a second or two to play followed by lengthy loading and then another second or two. Oddly, now it is playing, pausing, loading a little, and then playing a few seconds all on its own now without my touching anything.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2014
No he is absolutely right. Pinball 101 simply -does not work- on my device, be it 4G or on a wifi network. Even if you sit there and let the video load for hours it still will freeze up after a few seconds. It's been broken since launch, and totally ignored by Farsight.

Pretty sure this belongs in iOS section, but I'm glad someone is speaking up. The History of Pinball works fine for me, though.

Works fine for me, you just need a reliable internet connection. Make sure you are in close proximity of your modem. I don't know how the videos work over mobile data. But also be sure to allow the clips to buffer. So pause the video for about 5/10 minutes to allow it to load the clips properly. I doubt this is a bug issue. Just don't use a crappy broadband connection.

I've tried this. Many times. I've let it load for hours. It still freezes every few seconds. It's not an internet issue, the video is just busted.

What type of model is your iphone? And are you sure you own/are talking about Pinball 101 and -not- History of Pinball?

Last edited:

Terminator

Feb 8, 2014
Both vidoes work fine for me, i'm using the iPhone 5s. Best thing is to reset your router, that usually fixes connections issues. Make sure other mulitiple devices are not connected at the same router.. it can add extra strain on the modem. Some routers can't handle many devices relying on just one Wi-Fi router.

Feb 19, 2014
Both vidoes work fine for me, i'm using the iPhone 5s. Best thing is to reset your router, that usually fixes connections issues. Make sure other mulitiple devices are not connected at the same router.. it can add extra strain on the modem. Some routers can't handle many devices relying on just one Wi-Fi router.

I'll just chalk it up to me and Tokyo Rose being victims to a strange bug. It's not uncommon, people report wierd bugs on iOS all the time and I'm always like "huh, works fine here".

Trust me it's not a connection issue, internet speed issue, or anything of the sort.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts