Pinball FX2 VR for Oculus Rift

oqvist

Nov 23, 2013
Fantastic with the new tables. Just Biolab that seem a bit repetitive and blaha.

I wonder for future releases will they release it for pinball FX VR directly?

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
i had to uninstall then reinstall pinballfx2 vr in home then reinstall..then install revive to get it to work after the update the other day

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
I just bought the game on oculus, and my mind is blown...

totally awesome...

need more tables!

need TPA with oculus!

need STPA with oculus!

need ^^

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012
Telltale’s The Walking Dead Pinball Coming to Pinball FX2 VR

We’ve had a lot of questions about more VR content and we’re overjoyed to announce that we’re bringing the massive hit, The Walking Dead pinball, to Pinball FX2 VR! Additionally, Pinball FX2 VR will be coming to HTC Vive and PlayStation VR in time for the blockbuster table’s release!

The VR version of The Walking Dead Pinball brings the complete experience of the beloved 2014 table into fully immersive virtual reality. Join Lee and Clementine in stunning VR as you experience choice-driven gameplay along with original story dialogue from the award-winning cast, in scenarios that include choosing who to save and who to leave behind in a walker attack, solving problems and keeping up morale within the group, searching for food and supplies, acquiring important tools, navigating through the herd amidst an oncoming walker breach, and of course, keeping Clementine safe. As the action unfolds, walkers bear down on you and you fight your way through all five of the table’s episodes to a thrillingly climactic wizard mode. The undead will be so close you can practically smell them!

Already a smash hit on Oculus Rift, Pinball FX2 VR is the premiere way to experience pinball in virtual reality. Pinball FX2 VR replicates the atmosphere of real-life pinball machines in a virtual play space, while presenting gameplay features and effects that you simply cannot recreate on a physical machine, where animated toys spring to life on stunningly active table environments with spectacular depth. Additionally, the game’s scoreboards will track your Pro Score, Team Score, table stats and more to let you compete against players from all over the world! Pinball FX2 VR includes Mars, Secrets of the Deep, and Epic Quest for just $14.99. The Pinball FX2 VR: Season One expansion is also available for $24.99 and adds CastleStorm, Wild West Rampage, Paranormal, BioLab, and Earth Defense to the base game. Even more content is on the way soon!

Pinball FX2 VR hits PlayStation VR in North America and HTC Vive on November 29, 2016 for $14.99, and PlayStation VR in Europe at a later date (we’ll update this blog once we have a date confirmed). The Walking Dead pinball table will be available for Pinball FX2 VR on Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and PlayStation VR for $6.99 on the same day.

See you on the leaderboards!

https://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=6572

Steam version: http://store.steampowered.com/app/547590/

Last edited:

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
so this morning the playstation store was a hot mess and the pinball fx2 vr and all the tables were available to purchase a week early (for a short time).

All I can say is "Wow" - I already own all the tables on the zen game and re-buying for the vr pinball experience is worth every penny (and then some)
- no spoilers except "multiball"

Really looking forward to when SPA or TPA is on PSVR.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
Great news to have walking dead on vr!

I don't know about you guys but now I find it hard to play pinball on a regular display.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Actually TPA was the first VR pinball - if you count the community mod for Oculus.

Again they thought it was some crazy idea and focused on whatever...
I don't know who at Farsight makes those decisions but you definitely can't call them very far sighted.
Scare of the most passionate user base (by killing cab support) and invest in development time for outdated platforms.
The only thing I can give them credit for is trying to make a pinball game in the fist place.

Last edited:

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
The most passionate user base is most likely not the biggest player base. While it might be a cool feature, I'd be very surprised if it was used by a significant percentage of the players.

And, quite frankly, I am pretty sure VR is not yet important enough. And it still needs to be seen, if it ever will be.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Pinball is the thing I've wanted most for VR. I will buy a PS VR for Zen and SPA as soon as I can afford it.

If anyone has a PS VR and a PS4 Pro, I'd love to know about the difference in IQ. One of the problems with SPA in Gear VR is how muddy the playfield is.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
Pinball FX2 VR is out for Vive...plays fantastic, noticed they fixed the moire pattern effect on the DMD as well. Great news,
Zaccaria's VR is really good. Shooting the Rapids 2016 is a fantastic modern retake on Shooting the Rapids. I'd say its much inline with an early 90's Table( with dmd tho,) like Hurricane or Bride of PinBot level of rules.

Oh and Google Earth VR on the Vive is a gamechanger.Anyone that thinks VR isn't changing everything just hasn't been paying attention.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
another generation or two and at a price point little tommys parents will be happy to pay for xmas is when it will really take of(assuming it ever gets there) Id LIKE to see someform of vr succed but theres still usablity and cost factors for the average consumer

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
That's just your opinion. Just 140,000 units of the Vive have been sold between April and October.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/paullamkin/2016/10/21/htc-vive-vr-headset-sales-revealed/

LOL like your rhetoric isn't just YOUR opinion? LOL common seriously you just said that?

Forbes blog posts aren't the paying attention I was talking about, it barely discusses anything thats happening in the VR landscape and it miss quoted the ammount, tho thats hardly the point. You can't just rest the whole discussion on total sales, that's the epitome of missing the forest thru the tree's.

Everyone knows early adoption would be a slow burn due to barrier of entry its a staw man argument. However every manufacture except Oculus seems to be doing better then expected.(HTC,Playstation) since Oculus seemed to think they'd own the market by effectively being the new Apple. That hasn't happened,thank god.
We do know HTC is making a profit on every device sold, We do know the PSVR demand has far outweighed Sony's expectations, We do know everyone from Microsoft to Google,HTC, facebook to AAA publishers like Bethesda and Ubisoft, to Movie Studio's and Oscar winning directors investing millions and in some cases BILLIONS(yes billions) in VR development. Its so not a fad or flybynight thing..this movement isnt going away
Start reading some articles on http://uploadvr.com, http://www.roadtovr.com/ as well as mainstream media sites to get a better sense of just how far reaching the VR landscape is developing.

Sales discussions will be interesting in Jan/Feb when the whole holiday seasons results are clearly defined in North America at least But I'm not sure the NPD will be able to publish this info.
Oh sales of Vive and Occulus for BlackFriday were 200 off in some cases, Microsofts Windows 10 Holographic's partners are going to be offering 300 dollar headsets from manufactures like Lenovo and Dell,
Rumors out there that Google May Buy out HTC's Vive devision and have google daydream and Vive as full market alternative to Oculus GearVR and Rift.

Exciting times in Tech

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
All I know is that I can't wait to play the walking dead pinball in vr!
Not stern version obviously...maybe one day but that is another topic...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.