Pinball FX2 VR for Oculus Rift

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
LOL like your rhetoric isn't just YOUR opinion? LOL common seriously you just said that?

Why so offended, if anyone doesn't share your opinion, which you state as being facts? Calm down. I say, it needs to be seen whether or not VR will be the next big thing. At the moment it isn't yet. Once prices go down, this might change.

Pinandy

Aug 30, 2012
Pinball FX2 VR is now available in the PS EU-Store.
I only had time to test every table a few minutes and after this short time i can say, this game is fantastic.
I have also tried SPA on a Samsung Gear VR a few weeks ago but this is not in the approach as good as Pinball FX2 VR.
If you have a PS VR Headset do yourself a favour and buy this game. It is really worth any cent. :)

shaderbytes

May 24, 2013
I have all the tables via oculus store , I played Walking dead yesterday, man I forgot how often you have to use nudge to prevent outlane drains on this table design. I love playing in VR but I also still love playing on a regular monitor :)

oqvist

Nov 23, 2013
Anybody know if there is any plan for touch support? I think it would be cool if you sit in a chair with armwrests you can have the buttons pretty much where they would be irl and if you have an office chair on wheels you could get some interesting tilt action going. Or just hold a table with the right width and tilt that :)

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
Man, I never liked the videos they made and never wanted to get Pinball FX. But when I played Future Pinball on my Rift for the first time, I never was able to go back to monitor to play pinball. Unfortunately the physics on FP still kill my joy. People made it better but it is still far from decent. Since I always liked the recreations only, I switched back to the original maschines, met a lot of people who invited me to their home from time to time. So I started to ignore my Rift and pinball on computers (only play SPA on my tablet from time to time). I had some paypal left and bought FX2 VR + DLC during the last steam sale. Never touched it until today and I have to say: FAAANTASTIC! Paranormal is an beautiful Masterpiece! If you are able to play it in VR, just get it, you'll love it! Especially if you like the Banzai Run concept. It is a bit too much of a long player for me (spent about 40-50 Min on one game recently, and didt even hit what I had to hit). The physics are just awesome. TPA and SPA are far behind here. I am looking forward for the SPA Rift version though.

barbul

Jan 8, 2014
Universal Classics dlc is now available on Oculus platforms...

Wysłane z mojego SM-G935F przy użyciu Tapatalka

oqvist

Nov 23, 2013
I was about here and go and moan about there is never any updates. Can´t wait to buy it then. I am hesitent to buy tables for 2D because I really want to run everything in VR.

barbul

Jan 8, 2014
Don't know how it's look on O'go but on regular Oculus i've paid 20$ for UC dlc (3 tables) and on O'Gear 5$ for each table from UC. I'm not sure it's this update but now its possible to turn off surroundings (Gear, didn't check yet on Oculus).

Wysłane z mojego SM-G935F przy użyciu Tapatalka

oqvist

Nov 23, 2013
I was about here and go and moan about there is never any updates. Can´t wait to buy it then. I am hesitent to buy tables for 2D because I really want to run everything in VR.

Almost twice the cost but most definiatly worth it. The visual experience is so so much better then real pinball machines. I feel that comparison is much more valid then the 2D counterpart tbh. Was running a bunch of real pinball machines this weekend on an event. All the ambient stuff together with the supernatural effects is just awesome in VR. Physically abusing a table is missing but it wouldn´t be to hard to simulate. Just find a broken pinball table with working flipper buttons and then map them would be absolutely killer. How to solve the tilt functionality would be the hard thing I guess to get natural. I really don´t have the space for it though else I would gun for it for sure.

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
Almost twice the cost but most definiatly worth it. The visual experience is so so much better then real pinball machines. I feel that comparison is much more valid then the 2D counterpart tbh. Was running a bunch of real pinball machines this weekend on an event. All the ambient stuff together with the supernatural effects is just awesome in VR. Physically abusing a table is missing but it wouldn´t be to hard to simulate. Just find a broken pinball table with working flipper buttons and then map them would be absolutely killer. How to solve the tilt functionality would be the hard thing I guess to get natural. I really don´t have the space for it though else I would gun for it for sure.

Did you check this page?:

http://www.tested.com/tech/gaming/569647-how-build-pinsim-virtual-reality-pinball-machine/

Look at the comments. It is possible to build a table top version that doesnt need much space. Nudge is working incredibly good.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.