Pinball in Colorado

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
My go to place to get some irl action is the 1up on Colfax, $.50 a play on all games but they have an amazing line up with the newest games and the best Williams and Bally "golden age" dmds, +$2 pbr durring happy hour.

Also had a blast at Hyperspace Arcade when I went they had Elvira atPM, Pinbot, and HS2 Getaway all in fantastic condition and some 80s goodness like Black Pyramid, Flash Gordan, and Skateball to name a few $10 unlimited play.

Just called a place I saw driving past Nothfield called Gameworks, they said they have 4 pins, credits are loaded on a card like the old Boardwalk arcade, I need to check this place out.

I hear great things about Lyons Classic Pinball and still need to make a day out of checking it out.

Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown (expo) is always really cool when it comes through

What are some other places to put hands on some real pins?

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
pretty lucky in colorado when it comes to pins - also a great community.
I play in the boulder (press play) and mile high (lyons classic pinball) leagues.
We just had the dory hill pinball campout a couple of weekends ago - every CO pinhead's favorite event (showdown is 2nd).
We had 2 "pins and pedals" events over the summer - one in boulder and and one in denver, basically a pin-golf tournament where you bike all over the city to the places that have just a couple of machines.

press play (boulder) - barcade -my hang out - dialed in, ghostbusters, star wars coming +10 more awesome machines - operator obsessive over keeping all machines in perfect working order.
lyons classic pinball - holy grail of pin selection - come play the zaccarria!
gunbarrel brewery - friend just put 10+ machines, good beer and amazing food trucks
-nighthawk brewery (broomfield) - haven't been yet but curious why they have 2 star wars le's together side by side
-wonderland brewery - (broomfield) - good selection of machines and beer.
- vision quest (boulder) - micro-micro brewery - if you like SS and ems (warning 1 beer will do the job)
- cuckcoo's nest - the dive-iest of bars
- of course 1up lodo (denver)
- pinball jones (ft. collins)
- penny arcade (colorado springs)

ok too many to list - https://pinballmap.com/colorado

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
I take my son to the Northfield Gameworks every so often, they did have four the last time I was there about a month ago, all newer Sterns. They have Game of Thrones and Iron Man for sure, the other two are Band tables and I'm sorry, but those all blend together for me. I want to say Metallica and KISS, but I'm not 100% on that. Pinball credits go a Lot farther than the other credit eaters in that place, and for some reason there are usually 2-5 replays a machine already there by the time I arrive.

I love 1up, but hate going downtown so I don't get there often.

Going to have to make an excuse to trek down to Boulder some weekend, haven't been to press play yet.

+1 for Pinball Showdown. My son and I go every year and have a blast.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
the penny arcade in manitou springs went on a pinball spending spree this year. they added a bunch of new sterns. batman 66, ghostbusters, the walking dead, kiss, the hobbit, mustang, whoa nellie.
they also have a lot of older machines. rollergames, silverball, fireball, mati hari, captain fantastic, rollergames, street fighter, alan g gameshow revenge from mars. and some woodrails.

the sad thing is they dont take care of their machines. once something breaks on a machine it stays broken - forever

Last edited:

Members online

Members online