Pinball longplays

foxystyle

Nov 23, 2013
My dad had a C64 and Amiga 500. When I was a little I played a lot off those old school games but as a little kid I never had enough skill to complete every game I played. After years I discovered YouTube channels with game longplays and speedruns. These days I can eventually watch every game I used to enjoy in the past. Some channels feature a large collection of games, hundreds of them in one place. I don't have C64 neither Amiga 500 anymore.

Speedruns are usually competitive challenges but lonplays are different. They are made to let everyone see the whole game so savegames are usually acceptable.

I have never seen any pinball lonplay site or YouTube channel. Digital recreation of pinball tables is a great chance to see old machines that are unavailable to play these days. Unfortunately it is unlikely to happen with every single table.

Pinball longplays can be done without the glass since they are made to show off game features, light sequences and, display animations and sound effects not playing skills.

How do you think? Is it a good idea to have pinball longplays? Would people be interested? Retro longplays on YouTube have millions of views combined.

Last edited:

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
Don't know about pinball "longplay" but PAPA does have complete tournament play videos on youtube. Search for PAPA tournament or PAPA championship.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Forgive me, but I don't know if I know what a longplay is. I am very much interested in full-game youtube vids of Top 20 players' best games. Unfortunately I know of only two Top 20 players that have games on youtube, but that's one more than I knew of yesterday!

I don't think I am interested in watching a vid of a game that isn't in the above category.

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
Forgive me, but I don't know if I know what a longplay is.

I believe a longplay is a full playthrough, but don't quote me on that.

If you want something similar, check out SirMoovenstein on youtube, some of his videos are hours long.

invitro

May 4, 2012
I believe a longplay is a full playthrough, but don't quote me on that.
If you want something similar, check out SirMoovenstein on youtube, some of his videos are hours long.

Ok, thanks! ... Moovenstein is one of the two I know of. I watched the start of his Firepower game last weekend for inspiration, and have watched parts of several others.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
a longplay of a pinball game would show off all modes and scoring features and do well on all of them.

foxystyle

Nov 23, 2013
Exactly. Every mode, extra ball, jackpot, special, max out the multiplier, max out the combo, basically every possible feature so you could hear the soundtrack, see the LED or DMD animations and light sequences for a particular table.

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
I also subscribe to Moovenstein's YouTube channel and was wondering what is the name of the other players channel to subscribe to? I like to watch all the PAPA stuff and also The Arcade Hunters footage of arcades, barcades etc... with pinball footage. I found a torrent on thepiratebay with a bunch of pinball footage and like watching other pinball documentaries also.

foxystyle

Nov 23, 2013
I wish some pinball machine owners could team up and launch a longplay web site or a YouTube channel and upload their videos. That would be nice archive collection of pinball longplays and video tutorials.

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
Yep. I'm that other Top 20 (or so) player.

I subscribed to your channel last night! I like the idea of longplay play videos and they teach you proper play techniques on both pinball and video games. I agree with invitro I hope more top players film long game play videos. I think it would be a good idea if The Pinball Arcade Fans page created a YouTube channel in the future with a section of longplay videos and other footage.

RobALiquorStore

Feb 9, 2013
I recently started a YouTube series called Silverball Diaries that at the moment is based on tables in TPA. While I may not be as good as some players here, I'm hoping that it might get more people interested in the game, teach players new skills and hopefully be entertaining in the process.

I would like to hear feedback on the videos. Right now I'm concentrating on ToM, Big Shot, and BoP, but they will eventually get switched out for other tables.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAlLKMSUsKPeAAQbm65_Mkw?feature=watch

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Once I get a PS4 in my hands, i'll get your RBION needs covered as well as I can get them.

invitro

May 4, 2012
I agree with invitro I hope more top players film long game play videos.
I'd love to put up videos myself, but I either have a not-strong-enough video card, or not enough CPU, or can't figure things out. I downloaded and tried a few vid capture programs, but while they are recording, my puter is so strained that TPA is pretty much unplayable. I have tried looking for something like recommendations for hardware to be able to do vid capture, but suprisingly am not having any luck (I could be not trying hard enough).

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I recently started a YouTube series called Silverball Diaries that at the moment is based on tables in TPA. While I may not be as good as some players here, I'm hoping that it might get more people interested in the game, teach players new skills and hopefully be entertaining in the process.

I would like to hear feedback on the videos. Right now I'm concentrating on ToM, Big Shot, and BoP, but they will eventually get switched out for other tables.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAlLKMSUsKPeAAQbm65_Mkw?feature=watch

Hey, Rob! Welcome to the forum!

The microphone only goes to left ear on my headset. Any possibility on fixing this? Otherwise great job so far!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts