Pinball machine owners list

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
It's a mess. The US representative for the company suddenly and unannounced started to refund some of the customers but only a few of us. I was one of the few that got all my money back.

There is a long and messy thread on pinside about it where he went public with lots of internal e-mails, etc. Never a smart thing when you decide to discuss internal problems on pinside. It got ugly pretty fast.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-usa-refund-still-want-the-game (warning: read only if you got nerves of steel and a lot of time on your hands or just search for posts by "Phil-DP-USA" if you would like the short version)

I participated in that thread in the start and said that I would stay on, mostly because of all the negativity that spiraled out of control in the thread, but I have since then decided to wait until the machine is finished before ordering again

Are they not shipping any of the machines or just not allowed to import them to the US due to copy right bs? Thank god you got your money back!!!!

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
Number 14: Doctor Who... ;)

Ok, 14 is quite crazy, but not as pinball crazy as this guy:
image.jpg

Last edited:

Pinballrookie

Apr 29, 2014
No pictures and they're in storage now but my Dad has these two:
Big Valley (Bally's)
Showboat (Gotlieb)

Eventually my sister and I will have them.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Well I can finally join this club now:
NBA Fastbreak (Bally 1997)
Lord of the Rings (Stern 2003)

LOTR is coming in a couple of weeks, NBA is in the house. I never thought I would own tables, but when I played at last year's Dutch Pinball Open, I came across this nice NBA fastbreak. Making a comment to another player that I liked the table, he said it was for sale, and here we are.... :) The ruleset is not that deep but play is really satisfying when you hit all those combo shots in a row. The scoring is innovative in the sense that you don't score millions but baskets, so a good score would be around 100-150 for a game. I love the commentary on your gameplay, it's a bit taunting when you stink it up, but when you get it going, the table goes wild with you as all good Bally and Williams tables do. Best score up until now is 275 and 2 rings. Still some way to go to beat the factory Grand Champion Score of 354.
LOTR has been one of my favorite tables all along, and I can't believe I get to own one now! I'm a big Tolkien geek and also love the movies. The table itself features a deep ruleset and one of the most difficult Wizard Modes to reach: Valinor Multiball.
After this there's still a wishlist (Indy '93 for example) but money and place to put the tables is going to be a tough consideration.

For now I'm gonna enjoy those two!

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Well done Slam23, 2 nice machines there. You'll often see 2 NBA fastbreaks connected together for head to head play at some of the UK shows, very entertaining to watch especially with a real ref on the microphone getting everyone excited.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I have heard of that possibility, nice feature! Didn't know it was used often. I know my machine has the right "thingie" for being connected (that's how far my technical insight stretches.... :) ) Would be fun to try that one time. Actually the game I have was besides another one at the DPO, but that one was not in such a good condition, don't know if they could be connected.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
They had two linked at the York, Pa, pinball show this year. I didn't get a chance to play it though. It's a cool idea.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I think some newer pins have internet options, I know Wizard of Oz has an ethernet jack and USB Wifi is also possible. This is probably primarily for updating the software but it also opens options for connectivity with maybe another WOZ. I'll ask a friend who is involved with JJP if that is a functionality that is already there or planned for the future. You could potentially play head-to-head over internet on 2 different locations. Ideal for broadening home use options for example.

karl

May 10, 2012
Congrats to Slam23 and ER777. Those are some nice machines. If you ask me, Future Spa is a killer theme :) and a pin I would want in my collection (since I already have a Paragon ;) )

Lots of stuff happening at my place (as usual) Bought The Addams Family Gold, Terminator 2, The Getaway and POTC. Already sold potc and T2. I am having a blast with Getaway so that one will probably stay. Just the perfect party pin. Simple but fun gameplay.

Also forgot to congratulate Reagan Dow. Never heard about those EM's before. Must be some really old school pins?

karl

May 10, 2012
Added another machine to the collection. This one has a playfield in dire need of some care and it was pretty expensive but been looking for one for a long time. I am a happy man. Now the hunt continues for Flash Gordon.

[video]http://www.pinball.yoo-design.com/download/sounds/tilt-dive.wav[/video]

Last edited:

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I would like to know if in your respected opinions, Stern Trident for $250 is a good buy? Owner says "I'm told it has blown fuses". Any input would be great!
I got a Gottlieb Jungle Queen last year and have improved it greatly but cannot get it working right all the way yet. I am a novice at pinball repair, but have technical skills and can trouble shoot some things. I want to have my own real machine to play I love pinball so much

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
$250 is a good price even if it were an EM. That being said, a table like that isn't going to ever command a high price. Find out what the playfield looks like, make sure there are no broken parts you are going to have to replace, because it's gonna be tough with an old Stern. The owner telling you "it has blown fuses" means they had no clue how to maintain the machine, and they really don't know what the problem is. So you may get lucky and get this for a steal, or you may have just found yourself a money pit.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Thank you shutyertrap! I am waiting for him to get back to me. The machine looks to be in really good condition from pics. I dont really care about resale I just want something to play. I will try to post a picture if I get it. Never know if it really does just need fuses, tho they would have blown for a reason.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.