Pinball machine owners list

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Added an Indiana Jones '93
So my lineup now is:

NBA Fastbreak (1997)
Lord of the Rings (2003)
Indiana Jones (1993)

Sadly for now no more room or money to add to the collection.
But I'm really happy to have my wishlist in the flesh so to speak!

Jay

May 19, 2012
I currently own Bally's Trio (1963, Ted Zale). I also used to own Bally's Hayride (1964, Zale) and Bally's Freedom (1976). As you might guess, I like EM machines. :)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I currently own Bally's Trio (1963, Ted Zale). I also used to own Bally's Hayride (1964, Zale) and Bally's Freedom (1976). As you might guess, I like EM machines. :)

Don't think I've played any of those three, but I sure like the look of those spinner shots on Freedom.
Congrats on the nice collection.

Jay

May 19, 2012
Don't think I've played any of those three

Trio is one of my all-time favorite machines and IMO one of Zale's best designs. The action on it is deceptively fast. The rule set is simple, but the flow on the playfield is brilliantly executed and keeps the game challenging.

image-5.jpg

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
My JQ now works 100% it rules

I got very lucky and scored a Volley for free! It was being given away and a friend clued me in! It needs work but is in really nice condition cosmetcly

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
My JQ now works 100% it rules

I got very lucky and scored a Volley for free! It was being given away and a friend clued me in! It needs work but is in really nice condition cosmetcly

Love Volley! Played it for about an hour at a pin show in May. That is a great pickup by you. I'm very jealous over that one. I'm no tennis player, but that is one addictive pin.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Love Volley! Played it for about an hour at a pin show in May. That is a great pickup by you. I'm very jealous over that one. I'm no tennis player, but that is one addictive pin.

It now works too! It cleaned up very well, and my friend came over and showed me how to clean the score reels and traced out a few issues, after some exstensive cleaning/waxing new rubbers and a few bulbs it looks almost new besides little cracks in the white around the score reels.

I have the addiction now :p I am looking at getting a 3rd EM tomorrow! Anyone ever played Williams 1967 Apollo? It looks real nice in pics and fully works the guy says. $600 missing playfield glass, should I do it guys?

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I now have 4 EMs! I love working on the guts of these oldies almost as much as playing them. My lattest addition is a work in progress but soon as its done I want to post some pics or gameplay vids of my line up.

I guess Im strange for liking EMs so much, most seem to move to newer games but Im now hoping to find a woodrail and one of the Rockola games some day

Striker

May 26, 2017
Any thoughts on keeping pinball machines in a basement? If I can confirm a pin will fit through the door and around a tight curve (Reasonably confident in this - we did get a fridge in the basement with the doors off), then I'm wondering about the humidity down there. We have de-humidifiers that keep it down to 40-45%, but during heavy rains it can get up to 80% down there. Always dreamed about owning my own machine(s).

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Any thoughts on keeping pinball machines in a basement? If I can confirm a pin will fit through the door and around a tight curve (Reasonably confident in this - we did get a fridge in the basement with the doors off), then I'm wondering about the humidity down there. We have de-humidifiers that keep it down to 40-45%, but during heavy rains it can get up to 80% down there. Always dreamed about owning my own machine(s).

You should be fine. Just have the dehumidifier near the machine and you'll be good. I have a Rollergames in my refurnished above-ground basement and that's what I did.

My local amusement park have a few old pinball machines, that are in really good shape and they are located in a area with very high humidity (over 85% at times) with no AC.

Last edited:

Striker

May 26, 2017
Thanks [MENTION=1729]shogun00[/MENTION] and [MENTION=504]Jay[/MENTION]! Most of the manuals I found online also say the machines can take up to 95% relative humidity, which is a bit surprising.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Thanks [MENTION=1729]shogun00[/MENTION] and [MENTION=504]Jay[/MENTION]! Most of the manuals I found online also say the machines can take up to 95% relative humidity, which is a bit surprising.
It was surprising for me as well at first, until I noticed that my Rollergames uses pressured-treated wood for the cabinet.

Colywobbles

Sep 9, 2018
I’ve owned just about every 90’s Williams/Bally pin ever made as a private collector and also several dataeast/sega/gottlieb pins over the years and at the height of my collection had over 30 most of which only cost £300-£1000 in the late 90’s early noughties and were stored in my garage on rotation.

Some notable pins included:
TAFG & also TAF x3
AFM x 2
MM x 2
MB x 2
CV x 2
ST LE
FH x 9 (yep I’ve had nine of them) this is the very 1st pin I ever bought in 1990 and probs the last I’ll ever own.

All of the above have now found new homes however a neighbour & friend has a few of em.

my Current lineup is now down to:

TZ - lots of mods, owned it around 18yr
FH - immaculate DP version which was built using the best parts from several FH’s
Home built VPin (pics on one of my previous threads)

Finally I’ve got a MBr LE on the way yey \o/ I’ve owned 2 imaculate MB’s in the past and always regretted letting em go but the remake in LE flavour just looks way too cool to miss out on.

Guess I’ve been lucky with pins over the years and even luckier that Zen is bringing them all back to me in enhanced mode which I just love. Bring em on

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I guess I should probably add myself to this thread now.

Star Race by Gottlieb
System 80
Super Wide Body

First super wide to be released, hence the short run of 800. Who knows how many actually exist today.

Those who follow me on Twitter and Instagram, or listen to the podcast will have seen and heard the evolution of this pretty rare pinball. From what was a total pile of crap to what you see today.

I've created a working gallery of the restoration on Google photos.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QZYjVRgPKD344fLY7IMG_20181228_210101.jpg
7840122cdc80b1edf3f3de4f5f2e7f26.jpg

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Love Star Race. Great art and lots of fun. Awesome that you're restoring one, it's one that deserves preservation.

(There are only two superwides, and Circus came first.)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.