Pinball macine dimensions ( The shadow)

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
Hi everyone! I just recently completed my gameroom and had my Shadow shipped today. I will also be putting in a pool table and am measuring my room to figure out if I have room for a 9 foot table, but in order to figure that out I need some measurements of The Shadow pinball machine.

I am hoping to get
1) The width of the back box
2) The width of the cabinet
3) Heights of the cabinet at the front of the table and at the backbox

Thanks in advance for the help. I'll put up some pictures when everything is complete

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Kevlar owns a Shadow and could tell you more precisely, but in general, 90s-era Williams/Bally machines have backboxes 29" wide, and the cabinet is roughly 25" (standard) or 28" (widebody) wide. (EDIT: Make that 22" wide for the standard cabinet and 25" for a widebody. [Thanks Kevlar!])

The height of the cabinet depends on how far you've extended the leg levelers, but I'd guess it'd be somewhere in the 36" range from floor to top of the lockbar.

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Backbox is 28 3/4" wide
Cabinet is 22" wide plus buttons.
Front is 36 1/2" high
Backbox is 76 1/2" at is highest.

Obviously as Sean said height will depend on setup including steepness. Don't forget you need enough room to get the glass off, I can give you that dimension if you want it.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Wow...I nailed them all except the cabinet width. :D

And yeah, you need a space roughly equal to the length of the machine in front of it, plus room for your body, to slide the glass out. I neglected the room-for-your-body part when setting up my TZ and found myself having to slide the glass out overhead while sitting on the floor. Inconvenient to say the least. The offending piece of furniture is now elsewhere.

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012

And yeah, you need a space roughly equal to the length of the machine in front of it, plus room for your body, to slide the glass out. I neglected the room for your body part when setting up my TZ and found myself having to slide the glass out overhead while sitting on the floor. Inconvenient to say the least. The offending piece of furniture is now elsewhere.

Lol, I think a lot of people don't think of that, I know I didn't. Luckily my room is just wide enough to get the glass off with just a few inches to spare and plenty of standing space to the sides so I don't have to lie on the floor :D

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Actually, has any pinball manufacturer ever used a different method for getting the glass on and off? I mean if the glass could be lifted straight up instead of slid out length ways that would mean they could be sited in more locations.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012

And yeah, you need a space roughly equal to the length of the machine in front of it, plus room for your body, to slide the glass out. I neglected the room-for-your-body part when setting up my TZ and found myself having to slide the glass out overhead while sitting on the floor. Inconvenient to say the least. The offending piece of furniture is now elsewhere.
Erm, whats wrong with standing to the side?

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
Thanks a lot for all of the help everyone! I bought this shadow back in march and was having it held while the garage got redone. I can't wait, should be here in a week or so!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.