Pinball that has been featured on TV and in movies

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Happened to recently saw the series, the one in that episode was a Firepower.

There was another where Janeway was talking about her ancestors during the 1990s, and there was another pinball table in the flash back bar scenes. Couldn't make out what that was.

In the episode with the suicidal Q (best Voyager episode), there's a pinball machine called 'Q Continuum' in Janeway's interpretation of the Q Continuum. It's a re-themed Firepower, possibly the same one that was used unmodified in Future's End.

I know pinball on The Simpsons has already been mentioned, but I've been watching the series regularly on FXX recently, and there are a ton of pinball references in it. I wish someone would put up a compilation of all of them on YouTube.

Edit:

latest

I forgot the 'Galaxy' part.

Last edited:

HulaHoop72

Feb 2, 2018
I have that episode on DVD. It's the episode "The Conspirators" from Season 7 of Columbo.

The murderer has 3 machines.

I don't know which one the one in the background is. The other 2 show their titles and Columbo and Devrin are playing them.

Here are some pictures:

2 Tables being played (left Columbo - right Devrin)

c54jqynw.jpg

Columbos Score

ucrwilr6.jpg

Devrins Score

nnh9n2ln.jpg

By the way it's a great episode, not only because of the pinball ;)
Here's the scene. "The Conspirators" was the last episode of the original run of 70s Columbo.

https://youtu.be/dlc5i6ZTWFM

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
9-1-1 features a custom pin called "First Responder" that seems to be a mix of EM and modern day - traditional bell and chines with sounds and DMD of a modern. You don't see a full view of the playfield, just the flipper area and the cabinet.

Striker

May 26, 2017
What about TV commercials? There's a drug ad running non-stop during the morning news that prominently features a guy and his buddies playing Pinbot.

Zappa

Nov 15, 2013
Lodge 49 (a great show!) has an old electro mechanical Aztec machine by Williams that gets played on most episodes. There is another machine that is next to it that is broken, and the top of the machine is covered in a black plastic bag.

Also, on this season of Better Call Saul (on right before Lodge 49), there is a new Stern machine that is used in the compound where all the German workers are secretly building the new lab, I haven't been able to ID it, but I think it is The Walking Dead, which is funny, because that show is on AMC as well.

The thing I hate is that whenever someone plays a pinball machine, they always dub in generic pinball sounds.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Lodge 49 (a great show!) has an old electro mechanical Aztec machine by Williams that gets played on most episodes. There is another machine that is next to it that is broken, and the top of the machine is covered in a black plastic bag.

Also, on this season of Better Call Saul (on right before Lodge 49), there is a new Stern machine that is used in the compound where all the German workers are secretly building the new lab, I haven't been able to ID it, but I think it is The Walking Dead, which is funny, because that show is on AMC as well.

The thing I hate is that whenever someone plays a pinball machine, they always dub in generic pinball sounds.

It’s The Getaway HS2 on Better Call Saul.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
There's a Stern Meteor prominently featured in one scene of the Queen/Freddie Mercury biopic, Bohemian Rhapsody.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
How did you like the movie?

It's decent, worth watching if you're a Queen fan. I thought it glossed over the AIDS issue a little too easily. And it messes with the timeline a bit, to allow for more dramatic effect. Apparently the BluRay/DVD will have an extended version of the Live Aid set, done shot-for-shot/note-for-note (in the theater release it's missing a couple of songs from the set).

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
My wife's watching SVU on Hulu and the corpse of the week is being loaded on a gurney right in front of a Sharkey's Shootout.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

strells

Oct 7, 2014
On this week's episode of the Flash, there was a very prominent Flight 2000 and another one I had never seen before: Astromancer or something?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012

[MENTION=3804]Zappa[/MENTION] Just finished the first season of Lodge 49. Great show indeed!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.