Pinbot resetting?

tim_the_bowler71

Jul 3, 2013
I play on an ipad two with retina, and am using iOS8.

Since moving to this ipad, I have had no problems with the few tables I have played, except for PinBot.

On Pinbot, when I finish a game, instead of going the usual cycle that gets me back to the start game screen, the app disappears. When I click on my home button, the app is still "open", but when I click on it, it restarts the app. Normally this would just be an inconvenience, but with PinBot, and its carryover Solar Value score, this is a bit of a problem.

Anyone else ran into this recently? At this point, with the change in system change in operating system, AND change in version (to the on including BSD), am not sure yet where the problem might lie.

Thanks!

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I am still on iOS 7 on all of my devices but I'll test them regardless when I get access to my iPads later on today and will report back. I know a few versions back of TPA, BOP was crashing after exiting the table. Did the crashing happen to you under iOS 7?

EDIT: I've confirmed the issue on both the iPad mini Retina and the iPad 4, both running iOS 7.1.2. Pin*Bot crashes to the iOS main screen after completing a game. If it's happening under iOS 8.0 on your end, then that points to the issue being with TPA.

Last edited:

Xiola

Sep 26, 2014
Yes, I'm having the same problem with Pin Bot crashing TPA
Since I upgraded my IPad 4 to iOS8 and 8.2. I emailed TPA
but nothing has been resolved. This has only been happening on
Pin Bot and no other tables.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Same problem. I'm running iPad mini retina w iOS 7.1.1 and as soon as game is finished it crashes and goes back to the main scree/folder. This is new. Wasn't happening a month ago

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Just thought I'd mention that I've updated my iPhone 5 to iOS 8.0.2. Whatever issues with TPA regarding Pin*Bot are related to the TPA app and not the iOS version installed. The reason being is that Pin*Bot crashes at the end of a game under iOS 7.1.2 as well as iOS 8.0.2.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Just thought I'd mention that I've updated my iPhone 5 to iOS 8.0.2. Whatever issues with TPA regarding Pin*Bot are related to the TPA app and not the iOS version installed. The reason being is that Pin*Bot crashes at the end of a game under iOS 7.1.2 as well as iOS 8.0.2.

It will be fixed in the next update.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Great to hear, FlippyFloppy! And kudos for fixing the CV HUD always reverting to being enabled...it was driving me nuts. :eek:

tim_the_bowler71

Jul 3, 2013
Thank you everyone for the replies. I always worry that it's something I did, somehow, someway, and glad to see it is not.

Will wait for the next update, as FlippyFloppy mentions, and enjoy some other tables in the mean time.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I just played a couple of HRC games and I experienced a couple of freezes of the game with the app crashing to the main screen, maybe the same bug that happens with Pinbot? iPad 2, still on iOS 6.x
Slam23

Edit: I redownloaded the table and haven't had a crash anymore

Last edited:

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts