Pinfest 2015 Allentown PA

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
One thing that pisses me off at these shows, and it's happen at the York show as well, are people who have several machines and either they expect you to pay to play or they don't have them on and only turn them on for friends.
I can see the tables were in great condition but if you want to control who plays or not, don't bring them.

My daughter and wife love Circus Voltaire and I love WW and there were only one of them and we couldn't play them.

I think the selection last year was a bit better.
What also gets me are tables that look great but don't play great. There was a Whirlwind in wonderfully shiny condition but it was near impossible to make ramp shots. A real WW should not be like that. Compared to the one I played at Free Gold Watch in SF back in March, I'd rather play the nicked up but well tuned table than the shiny but unplayable one. Incidentally that was what was wrong with the Taxi last year - EVERY Santa kickout went STDM and the ramps were too steep.

That said, biggest kudos to the owner of the Cyclone that not only looked great, but played great too.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
What also gets me are tables that look great but don't play great. There was a Whirlwind in wonderfully shiny condition but it was near impossible to make ramp shots. A real WW should not be like that. Compared to the one I played at Free Gold Watch in SF back in March, I'd rather play the nicked up but well tuned table than the shiny but unplayable one. Incidentally that was what was wrong with the Taxi last year - EVERY Santa kickout went STDM and the ramps were too steep.

That said, biggest kudos to the owner of the Cyclone that not only looked great, but played great too.

I didn't get a chance to play Cyclone.
Was also surprised to see a lot of Fire tables, one of them I couldn't do d**k on and another one was smooth and I really had a good flow with it.

Did anyone play that re-release of Medevil Madness. It played ok, noticed when you would hit the Merlin's magic hole at times it would bounce out the side even though it was lit.

Last edited:

drdrey

Jun 11, 2012
Missed out on playing a lot of tables I wanted to try to many people. But did enjoy break shot, no fear , game show and guns and roses among others

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.