Pistol Poker - First Impressions

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
Very pleasant surprise to have this download today.

The table looks great - as others have pointed out, the music is pretty bad, but I usually play muted. Shots feel pretty good, I still have not figured out all the places you are supposed to shoot in the upper playfield. The backbox game where you build up hands is fun.

At one point I got on the high score list and then closed down the app (Android), when I reopened the high scores were all reset. I have not tested to see if this is a recurring bug or even if it may be across all tables, but it definitely happened.

All in all this table is a winner, and fits in well with the very strong Season 7.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
It's one of the few table that I use the roaming camera on. The top area is a little tough for me if I don't.
I'm with you G32, it's a thumbs up from me as well.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I didn't much like it the first time when it was called The Black Knight

I definitely got black knight vibes from the layout right away, but the geometry is worse here. The flow sucks.

Update: Once I came to grips with the rules I actually really started to enjoy the table so what do I know.

Last edited:

Striker

May 26, 2017
My first impression... I never played a real-life Pistol Poker, not really heard of it until recently. I now have about ten games under my belt.

The playing field is busy. I read some of the instructions but it started to give me tired-head; so many features. That's not necessarily a bad thing; but staying on top of everything on this one will require a learning curve.

I have made a few skill shots, but the standard goal doesn't register. With one flipper it's hard to keep the ball going up top, and I haven't learned all the ways to get it back up there.

The bottom is easier to follow. I don't know if this is by design, but there seem to be quite a few risky shots. Missing the chip scoop and hitting the Queen or King of Clubs instead seems to result in a SDTM. Not enough oomph on the Black Jack ramp = SDTM. I find myself nudging a lot on this one. Luckily, it seems to allow a lot of nudging and shaking. I have only tilted once, after three to four times the nudging most pins will tolerate.

My best score (140M-something) came after being able to "shoot" myself a royal flush on the back glass.

I'm still undecided on this one.

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
its ****. Either the table setup by farsight is wrong or the table itself is horribly made.

Shots to the left ramp go to the upper playfield about 1 in 10.
Shots to the right loop goto the top playfield about 1 in 4.
Its impossible to deliberately get it to the upper rollovers yet its apparently a wizard goal to get the max bonus x 10. (I'll do this via the joker award coupled with a back board award most likely)
Its almost impossible to hit the joker hole which is vital to get into and through mega mode.

I'm not enjoying it at all :(

Pod

FarSight_Matt

FarSight Employee
Jan 24, 2018
its ****. Either the table setup by farsight is wrong or the table itself is horribly made.

Shots to the left ramp go to the upper playfield about 1 in 10.
Shots to the right loop goto the top playfield about 1 in 4.
Its impossible to deliberately get it to the upper rollovers yet its apparently a wizard goal to get the max bonus x 10. (I'll do this via the joker award coupled with a back board award most likely)
Its almost impossible to hit the joker hole which is vital to get into and through mega mode.

I'm not enjoying it at all :(

Pod

Table's fault, the joker is hard to hit on the real table too. I worked on the majority of the art for this table, I measured almost every inch of the real table and tweaked the collisions to match accurately as possible.

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
Fair enough. I've only got the super jackpot goal to go. If I manage that I won't be paying this table again for a long while :)

Members online

Members online