Playboy

lifewater989

Sep 12, 2022
I was looking at the data where tables are stored for PA on PC and noticed a file called Playboy. I’m guessing it was their next table but never got released due to various issues. Any way to unlock this table?

Last edited:

Grant

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 29, 2022
I presume it would be this one here

f67306c4-f8dc-11e4-89f1-dce073c5a191-700x400.jpg

Seems unlikely as on the Steam version at least, when you play a table you haven't played before, it downloads it from the servers, so I'm guessing it would need to download the Playboy assets.

However if anyone knows, that would be an amazing Easter egg!

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
That file was there for years before TPA shut down. There was speculation that it was meant for the "Pinball After Dark" product that never materialized. It was supposed to be a 2nd Farsight Pinball platform for releasing tables without having to worry about TPA's E10+ ESRB rating.

lifewater989

Sep 12, 2022
That file was there for years before TPA shut down. There was speculation that it was meant for the "Pinball After Dark" product that never materialized. It was supposed to be a 2nd Farsight Pinball platform for releasing tables without having to worry about TPA's E10+ ESRB rating.

Interesting. When sorting by file size in the directory it’s 194mb, one of the biggest in the folder. The next step down is AC/DC, one of the last tables, at 183mb. That lead me to think they had it all done and licensing or whatever fell through. It’d be cool if there was some way to examine that file more but that’s beyond me.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
It is likely just the Playboy table that was included in one of Farsight’s Pinball Hall of Fame: The Gottlieb Collection for PS2/Wii/etc. It is a flipperless pinball table from the 1930s and Farsight likely didn’t port it into The Pinball Arcade because they didn’t think it would sell well.

I believe there is a file for Ace High too, which also wasn’t included for the same reason (although I think it is much more fun than Central Park.)

Grant

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 29, 2022
It is likely just the Playboy table that was included in one of Farsight’s Pinball Hall of Fame: The Gottlieb Collection for PS2/Wii/etc. It is a flipperless pinball table from the 1930s
This makes sense

Members online

Members online