Played first actual pinball table since 2002 today 6/9/2014!

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
I went out with a friend today to get some lunch at a local taco place. While eating he mentioned he ate a Beef O Brady's earlier in the week just down the street and they had a Simpsons Pinball Party table. So we went over and played doubles for about an hour. The table was in great shape but the game room was sort of dark with a glare of the back glass on the surface of the table. The replay was low at 3,000,000 but neither of us achieved it we both scored a few extra balls but didn't get any multi-balls. My highest score for the day was 2,900,000 odd points but it was fun and I would go back again to play it. I also found out about a group in my area that hosts tournaments in Ft. Myers, Florida called The Pinball Asylum and I will definitely go to the next event.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
That's great. Simpsons pinball party is a fantastic table so a really good way to get back in to real tables!

stevevt

Mar 31, 2012
TSPP can be a pretty difficult game in an arcade. It shipped from the factory without the ball save turned on, so that's how a lot of them are set. Assuming it all works, it's a great playing game IMO, with excellent and deep rules.

Check out the PAPA tutorial for more info that you might ever need:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ARXdYALc9o

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
I believe the ball save feature was turned on this pinball table. There was no dmd indicating a ball save had indeed occurred but it became obvious after a few games that it had one. I figured out the skill shot with Comic Book Guy and I think it also had a different Apu skill shot worth X 5? The cost per game seemed very fair for 50 cents and I really was surprised by how low the replay was even though I didn't achieve it. I found the nudging on the table to be great with no tilt warnings whatsoever. They had two arcade games as well Hydro Thunder and a Jurassic Park gun game.

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
That is a good question Jeff. For all I know that Simpsons could have been there the entire time I have had The Pinball Arcade app. I talked to a guy tonight from Craigslist in my town who owns tables and said I could come to his next pinball gathering. I asked him in the email I sent him if I he knew of pinball tables on route in my area and the only other one he was aware of was a World Poker Tour pinball at a bar in Bonita Springs. I think tomorrow I am going to go to both bowling alleys in my town and take a look and there is one other Beef O Brady's located on the east side of town. If you want to play a real pinball table you got to get off of your ass and hit the gas and look!

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Hate to be "that guy" but did you give hydro thunder a couple plays at least? That game is amazing fun. In fact it's almost enough reason in and of itself to have a dreamcast on hand.

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
In all honesty superballs Hydro Thunder or Jurassic Park received none of our quarters. I will play it next time I go for sure. I think all three of the games receive very little play from the patrons of the establishment. Today we went in and it was mostly senior citizens dining and several folks at the bar. I only saw one waitress working and the bartender was also helping wait on tables. I bought one Diet Coke for $2.00 and tipped the bartender $2.00 to get change for a twenty. The bartender initially offered to give me the Diet Coke for free but I had to break a $20.00 for singles to put in the change machine. I will keep you guys posted about pinball tables I find in the wild in my area and also any arcade games. I will bring a camera next time and upload pictures or video.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts