Played real pinball games for the first time that are in season 1 TPA.

saspin

Aug 22, 2014
Hello,
I've had season 1 TPA for a month or so on my ipad. I had never played any of the real tables. Recently I went to the Silver Ball Museum in Asbury Park, NJ and for the first time and was able to play:

Attack From Mars
Black Knight
Cirqus Voltaire
Funhouse
Gorgar
Scared Stiff
Star Trek The Next Generation
Theatre of Magic

Unfortunately at the time of my visit The Twilight Zone table was in use and then under repairs.

It was so cool to play them in real life and as playing them and afterwards I really appreciate what the folks at FarSight Studios have done. Great job!

Scott

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
It would be great to have a decent number of tables in one location close by me. Sadly not :-(

I've been lucky enough to play all of those, with the exception of BK, CV, and Gorgar, around when they were first released. BK and Gorgar being much older, I am too young to have been interested had I come across them. CV came out after many locations had already started dropping pins, especially in and around London where I was living at the time. There was a CV at PinFest earlier this year, however it was not set for Free Play (for shame!).

TZ I played pretty much out-of-the box new. That was a blast.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I'm there :) It's also the weekend BEFORE my wife's sister gets married, so I'm going to be owed big-time. Thanks for the heads up!!

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Cool. I had a chance to play a bunch of the tables in PBA also, in Seattle at the Seattle Pinball Museum. They are all set to free play, just pay a small entrance fee and play until your arms are going to fall off. Nice to be able to play some of the TPA tables IRL. Some of the new tables too. Like the new Star Trek and Metallica and AC/DC.

Last edited:

Potrzebie

Sep 4, 2014
I put whole paychecks into BK as a kid. Did you notice that the Magna-Save reacts a bit differently in the RL table? TPA version virtually stops the ball in its tracks regardless of velocity. The RL version is much less forgiving. If moving too fast, the ball will wander past the magnetic field and drain.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Yeah, TPA's Magna-Save is a really rudimentary implementation. See Pro Pinball Timeshock and Fantastic Journey for magna-save physics done right.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Yeah, TPA's Magna-Save is a really rudimentary implementation. See Pro Pinball Timeshock and Fantastic Journey for magna-save physics done right.

If you want ridiculous magna-saves, try Zen's Han Solo table. It literally drags the ball from anywhere on the playfield. Oh, and you can have a reserve of up to three of them at a time. I'm not a marathon player, but I managed a three and a half hour game on that table quite easily. Thanks to the ridiculous magna save.

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
Yeah, CftBL, STTNG, and ToM are tables from my past. Recently, I finally got to play a real ToM, again (Recent years have all been modern sterns), and fell just under 100k short of scoring the Replay. Oh, well, I guess I was saved from being tormented with an ear-splitting THWACK. Also, Silverball has CV? Geez, I gotta go there! Last I checked, a vast majority of their pins were EMs!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.