Playing around...

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
You unlock this door with the key of imagination

Come on FarSight, please give us a better environment in which to play. Better still, some options.

You know it makes sense!

I think it would just sell it better. :)

I've been messing around with some bits...

TPA_update01.jpg

TPA_update02.jpg

TPA_update03.jpg

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Now render them in 3D and put in fly-over cameras... ;)

I do like the stone wall/wood floor option.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I do think we really need a choice in environments. The arcade setting is so empty and dreary. It takes away from the liveliness of the pins. Giving four or five choices would be nice. Maybe even theme them to the tables. Could be sold alongside custom balls. For example, a horror-themed arena would fit a lot of the pins. Something like a log cabin would suit WH2O perfectly. Or a castle interior for MM. Perhaps not the most realistic locations for pins, but would really match the atmosphere of the tables. The dreary arcade is probably the one thing I want changed the most in TPA.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I don't really want to see anything in the background that would color my perception of the tables. So the current might-as-well-not-be-there background works for me.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
What would be cool would be the ability to customise your own room. Just have a range of wallpaper and floor textures to choose from. Wouldn't intrude on the pinball, but could brighten things up for those who want it.

night

May 18, 2012
Excellent post.
Why not keeping it more simple, less is more, forget about the wall, just a spotlight on the floor fading into black. It makes the table stand-out more.

TPA_update01.jpg

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
I know it's crazy talk but I think you should see your other tables with an option for a rotary table picker someday.
IE just take a step back visually and you could drag side to side through a circle of cabinets, select one and move forward to standard menus and flyby.

Additional choices of textures could also be offered as low level kickstarter rewards.

In a perfect world, for a fee we could arrange full blown arcade floor plans, our friends could visit, and FS could DLC stuff like decorations and trophy cases.

That being said, nice work,if it gets updated, I'll have to find new references to line up the plunger for skillshots, handy thing that woodgrain ;)

Members online

Members online