Request Police Force: Love it or leave it?

karl

May 10, 2012
I played this for the first time, a couple of weeks ago and it seemed like a good one. Better than Comet, Jokerz and bad cats in my opinion. Mousin' around is still my most wanted from this time period but Police force would also be an welcome addition to tpa.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Fixed for you.

Will almost certainly be too easy. nNd greater than 1 player game will have to be blocked.

Good call-that's what I always thought it sounded like. That TMNT machine next to it was always louder.

....in the days before DCS sound.....

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
here's why multiplayer must be blocked.

on third ball shooting ramp twice in a row takes the highest players score and adds it to yours. in a four player game, all four players can do this, causing said highest score to be added to each player in turn, with it getting bigger each time.

player 1 shoots ramp twice. he now has highest score and can earn some points. he drains.
player 2 then does this HE now has all of 1s points. and cna earn more.
then player 3 takes all of player 2s, and earns more.
then player 4 takes all of player 3s.

that's how poeple set high scores on the game.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Why should that be blocked? TPA aims to recreate the original pinball experience. Original high scores on Police Force would have required playing a four-player game and doing that. Shouldn't a recreation include the same behavior?

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I remember really liking this table. I'd buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember how excited I was the first time I took the right ramp twice. A lot of games of that time had two notable scoring features: lottery-esque cumulative jackpots and the ability to double your score on the last ball. Just before DMD and real score-inflation began. Imagine if AFM had this feature...

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I just played Police Force last night. This was my second encounter with the table (at a different location) and I spent a lot of time with it because the replay was insanely easy to get.

This table is a bad choice for TPA, imo, because of how it would play. It's incredibly low-risk/high-reward to hit the center ramp non-stop. After about 6 consecutive shots you score 1 million points wth each additional shot (a single million shot would earn the replay on this machine). You can do this forever and if you mess up you can just do it again. I found it pretty easy to just work that ramp on the real game. In TPA the ramp would be far more exploitable than it already is!

IMO, when a strategy like that is so safe and so profitable it makes the table really boring. I love the theme but it's not a great candidate.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
^ totally makes it a zero as a tournement pin. But not every pin needs to fit that criteria to be fun. I still find Data East Star Wars a fun play even though it suffers from the same issue. Police Force falls into that same category for me. Fun to play now and then but flawed as you described. Police Force is not at the top of my most wanted list, but I wouldn't mind if it made its way into TPA. So I guess that's a luke warm thumbs up from me.

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
Love it! I hope FarSight considers this table for the Pinball Arcade collection. They need to update the table from the Atari Lynx Pinball Jam game featuring two tables....Elvira and the Party Monsters and Police Force.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.