Portrait vs Landscape - pros and cons

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I think portrait looks better, but I always play in landscape camera 2. I know it is only a couple of inches but my thumbs are a little less in the way and it fells more like a cabinet to me. Weird?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I like how the DMD is centered in portrait. I wish it was moveable in landscape, or better yet, they should just adjust the camera a bit so the DMD is positioned right where it should be on the real machine.

The only thing I don't like about portrait on the iPad is that touchscreen nudging is very awkward. In landscape, your thumbs are much closer to the vertical middle of the screen, and it's easy to tell where it is because the home button and camera are exactly in the middle on their respective sides....not so with portrait.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I play mostly portrait but have tried out landscape partly because of this thread. I too think that the table is a bit slower but that may be attributed to the cropping, then the ball seems to slow because it actually has to travel the same distance but the view is "shorter". I do tilt more often, also unintended (playing on an ipad), maybe the gyroscopes are more sensitive to length movements? The jury is still out on the multiball view, you can concentrate on the flipper area but the control over where to shoot is lessened in my opinion. In short it didn't double my previous GCS....:)
Slam23

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.