Possible reason for the T2 table opportunity?

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
I'm guessing the reason why the licenses are pouring out for the Terminator franchise is the new movie coming out in 2015 - everyone buys up licenses for toys, comics, games, etc., etc., etc., with principle filming to start on a Terminator reboot in 2014...

I'm guessing FarSight managed to find the right people who are willing to talk - and all those execs are simply chomping at the bit to make some new money off an old property....

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
Sort off, i understood the licenses were already sold to another party, but that goes in on some date, and farsight slipped in before and have the rights until that date.

Dnt know the date, but it wont be very long after this kickstarter ends.

I might be wrong in details, but its on about like this.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
The license FarSight has is specifically for T2, not 'terminator' in general. Another game company however has bought the 'terminator' license as a whole, to be the exclusive holder so no other game can be created using 'terminator'. This is where FarSight has slipped in, and why the window will close fast. Were it not for the fact that FS is doing only pinball, the window would never have even been opened.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I hope they'll still be allowed to fix T2 bugs after the window closes.

Yes they will. They can probably even publish on additional unknown platforms. They just wouldn't be able to make and publish it to begin with if they miss the window.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I hope they'll still be allowed to fix T2 bugs after the window closes.
Once FarSight has the license, they can sell T2 tables for as long as is specified in their contract. Typically this is several years.

The "window" shutyertrap is referring to is the timeframe to acquire the license in the first place, which is much more limited.

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
The license FarSight has is specifically for T2, not 'terminator' in general. Another game company however has bought the 'terminator' license as a whole, to be the exclusive holder so no other game can be created using 'terminator'. This is where FarSight has slipped in, and why the window will close fast. Were it not for the fact that FS is doing only pinball, the window would never have even been opened.

Agreed. I think the time couldn't be better.

I think we're probably aware of the issues with the 'Terminator' licences, bankruptcy et al, so, FS have got this spot on.

With a new trilogy kicking off in, as Worf says, 2015, with Mr S, who knows when they'd next be available at a reasonable price

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Ah, makes sense now.

Though, usually with the new movie, everyone is heavy into licensing - if you haven't noticed, most movies these days license everything - from the cups sold at the fast food joint, toys, comics, napkins, everything. Of course, for some properties, everyone bids up the price, but usually there's space for older properties as well - like I would think a bunch of T-T4 licenses would go out for limited edition toys and such because the goal is to get those people into the game as well, and hell, if whoever's doing the reboot screws it up, well, it wasn't a total loss because the people who insist on the original timeline they also made a pile of money on from licensing.

But it's interesting.

I admit I saw a T2 at a local arcade, but it's always in use so I never get a chance to try it out.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts