Possible to come to agreement with Jersey Jack Pinball?

bluepegasus

Jul 27, 2016
This is a wish so i dont know how realistic this may be--but would it be possible for The Pinball Arcade to come to an agreement with Jersey Jack Pinball and make digital versions of Wizard of Oz and The Hobbit? I only know of these 2 machines through youtube videos and the Jersey Jack Pinball website since unfortunately none of my local pizzerias have pinball or video games anymore. They seem like awesome games! It would be such a shame to leave people without a way of experiencing these 2 games. Since TPA has put out stern, bally, williams, gottlieb, etc. i figured it was worth it to request a game by another pinball company.

--------------------------------

Other tables i would like to see would be some of the old Data East tables : The Simpsons (1990), Star Trek (1991), Guns N' Roses (1994),TMNT (1991), and last but not least The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle (1993)!!!

Some others that i'd like to see: Jungle Lord, Nightmare on Elm Street

Prob Impossible: KISS, Metallica

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I know the guy who designs the video for those monitors, I'll ask him how processor and memory intensive those processes are. But common sense says that running 720p or 1080p video alongside a pin sim will be very hard on any hardware, besides maybe PC.

bluepegasus

Jul 27, 2016
Slam thank you for saying you'll ask. please let us know what you find out. I won't have my hopes up, but like i said i figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Right now I would settle for Data East's Rocky & Bullwinkle table!!! :eek:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Pretty sure that JJ pins run on a linux-based PC sitting in the cab or the backbox. So you could probably run the software natively on linux, there you go, emulation solved ;)

Stuzz

Sep 22, 2015
Dunno about the rest but WOZ runs Ubuntu 12.10, or did last year when I watched it boot.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
This is a wish so i dont know how realistic this may be--but would it be possible for The Pinball Arcade to come to an agreement with Jersey Jack Pinball and make digital versions of Wizard of Oz and The Hobbit? I only know of these 2 machines through youtube videos and the Jersey Jack Pinball website since unfortunately none of my local pizzerias have pinball or video games anymore. They seem like awesome games! It would be such a shame to leave people without a way of experiencing these 2 games. Since TPA has put out stern, bally, williams, gottlieb, etc. i figured it was worth it to request a game by another pinball company.

I noticed you live IN new jersey. Surprised Jersey Jack is not more saturated (JJ machines available) in their own home state.

bluepegasus

Jul 27, 2016
yeah you would think that it would be only natural for these machines to have more distribution--but unfortunately it is not so. Then again--Jersey is a very strange state in that it is divided in half. Northern jersey with its center around the NYC metro area, dense cities, and well off suburbs, and then you have Southern jersey with its axis around Philly and in general being more rural and suburban than urban. The other big influence as you head south is the jersey shore. Maybe if i went south to the beaches this summe ri might find that the jersey jack pinball machines are all over the boardwalk--i simply dont know. All i know is I have not found a machine close to me or in the larger north hudson area (jersey city, union city, west new york, north bergen, weehawken, hoboken, guttenberg etc.) Perhpas if i went to the suburbs (such as bergen county) i might find some in the movie theaters or pizzerias there. The machines are not cheap. I dont know if many local mom&pop pizza guys can spare 5000 dollars + on purchasing one of these pinballs.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
What about licensing costs for Hobbit or the Wizard of Oz? That can't be cheap. Maybe if JJ rolled it into the original agreements.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Slam thank you for saying you'll ask. please let us know what you find out. I won't have my hopes up, but like i said i figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Right now I would settle for Data East's Rocky & Bullwinkle table!!! :eek:

Not too sure that would be possible if Zen still holds the license to it from PFX2. Like most of Zen's earliest tables, R&B was a real stink-burger. The Data East table was a blast-and great for TPA.

As to Jersey Jack in TPA, it may be years before that's even possible. The most recent table in TPA was a 2004 rehash of a 1999 pinball machine (Harley). And I'm not sure if the recent Sterns coming to that vaporware that is STPA will be emulated or re-programmed. But most tables in TPA come from the 90's. Look how long it took FarSight to crack the code on Gottlieb emulation.

Last edited:

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
yeah you would think that it would be only natural for these machines to have more distribution--but unfortunately it is not so. Then again--Jersey is a very strange state in that it is divided in half. Northern jersey with its center around the NYC metro area, dense cities, and well off suburbs, and then you have Southern jersey with its axis around Philly and in general being more rural and suburban than urban. The other big influence as you head south is the jersey shore. Maybe if i went south to the beaches this summe ri might find that the jersey jack pinball machines are all over the boardwalk--i simply dont know. All i know is I have not found a machine close to me or in the larger north hudson area (jersey city, union city, west new york, north bergen, weehawken, hoboken, guttenberg etc.) Perhpas if i went to the suburbs (such as bergen county) i might find some in the movie theaters or pizzerias there. The machines are not cheap. I dont know if many local mom&pop pizza guys can spare 5000 dollars + on purchasing one of these pinballs.

you should check out http://pinballmap.com/ It looks like there is a WOZ and Hobbit at the Silverball museum in Asbury Park. But Union City is much closer to NYC - theres a couple of locations in brooklyn and long island city with JJ machines.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Not too sure that would be possible if Zen still holds the license to it from PFX2. Like most of Zen's earliest tables, R&B was a real stink-burger. The Data East table was a blast-and great for TPA.

As to Jersey Jack in TPA, it may be years before that's even possible. The most recent table in TPA was a 2004 rehash of a 1999 pinball machine (Harley). And I'm not sure if the recent Sterns coming to that vaporware that is STPA will be emulated or re-programmed. But most tables in TPA come from the 90's. Look how long it took FarSight to crack the code on Gottlieb emulation.
SPA will be running compiled source code supplied by Stern, so no emulation needed.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

bluepegasus

Jul 27, 2016
speaking of Stern Pinball Arcade--have they said when the release date is going to be for the PS4 version? I understand the excitement around VR Oculus and other such similar 3d game systems. However at this point that market still very much belongs to the early adopters and those willing to plop down major money for a bulky headset. I think it's a pretty safe bet that most of the money will be made on the consoles, tablets/cellphones, and pc/mac.

I cant wait to play the newer tables from Stern-- KISS/ Metallica/AC-DC, The Walking Dead, The Amazing Spider-Man, Game of Thrones, X-Men, Avengers,Wrestlemania,Tron, Star Trek all sound like awesome tables! My PS4 will turn into nothing more than a console that plays only pinball with ZEN, The Pinball Arcade, and Stern Pinball Arcade!! :D

Last edited:

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
All i know is I have not found a machine close to me or in the larger north hudson area (jersey city, union city, west new york, north bergen, weehawken, hoboken, guttenberg etc.)

Yeah, I live in Jersey City and I don't know of anything local nearby. Barcade by Grove St is the big hipster arcade bar but it doesn't have any pinball. The places to go from here:

- Modern Pinball in Manhattan
- Sunshine Laundromat in Brooklyn
- 8 on the Break in Dunellen NJ (actually not hard to get to, it's right across the street from Dunellen train station, about a 40 minute ride from Newark)
- Silverball Museum in Asbury Park NJ (about a mile walk from that train station)

bluepegasus

Jul 27, 2016
thanks vikingerik ;)
I will try Modern Pinball before the end of the summer and check out what the experience there is like.

I remember the big arcade in Times Sq back in the 90's early 2000's--awesome place located right across the street from the AMC 25 and next to Regal E-walk Cinemas--you would take the escalator up to the 2nd floor. It was a huge arcade with an entire section just for pinball!! I spent many a summer weekend there back in the day! ;)

Last edited:

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
I remember that too. Broadway City. It didn't last very long, only about 3 years or so. It came after Broadway Arcade closed around 1997, and closed itself sometime around when the Dave & Busters opened up across the street.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.