Primus Pinball -New from Stern!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Yes it is another reskin of Whoa Nellie.
I really like Primus. So I will love the music and call outs I’m sure. And the fantastic art is very fitting for the band imo. But I’ve played about 20 games on Whoa Nellie and don’t really care if I every play it again. I just don’t dig the layout and rules. Rumor has it that they will only be making 100 pins and it will cost around $8,000. What do you all think of this?

Edit: here are some more details.

• Limited to 100 Signed & Numbered Machines
• Signed by Les, Larry & Tim
• Laser engraved, serial numbered metal placards

• 13 Primus song track list
• Upgraded Kenwood Sound System
• Custom Voice-Overs by Les Claypool
• Original artwork by Zombie Yeti & Zoltron

Last edited:

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
meh..........
733839_mix_black_red_white1_400x400.jpg

filled with coffee is more interesting

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
That Whoa Nellie layout is fast becoming the ElDorado of the modern pinball age.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
So endless overpriced themed reskins is the future of Stern.

I pray that is not the case. I’m guessing it’s just quick small run/high license stuff that they will shortcut in this manner. So far it’s been; Supreme, Pabst, Batman 66, Beatles, and now Primus.
But it is an alarming trend.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
I definitly love Primus however this is a total let down. At a glance this is 100% the coolest retheme of Nellie... but its a retheme of a table I dont like and its not even the 1st retheme of the table. Never played Nellie but Ive played Pabst Can Crusher at a place around me and I just do not like it. I love old EMs though. So on top of it being a table layout i dont like the odds of ever seeing or playing it are pretty much zero because they are only making 100. Just feels like a diservice to a great band who should of had something original.

Striker

May 26, 2017
Agree with Pete. This one is great at starting conversations with Primus fans, but gameplay is non-existent. Usually one ball per game is a guaranteed drain with no chance to use flippers. It’s really more of a novelty than anything else. Fantastic artwork. I’m sure the music is good, too, but it was hard to hear it in the arcade I was at.

Last edited:

timxtr

Jan 28, 2015
Primus is the best part of the game, just don't bother putting money into it... So like everyone else said.
I even regret buying Woah Nellie on Xbox.

Members online

Members online