Pro Pinball

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
I hope they release the other 3 tables. I know it would not be for a while, but the wait would be worth it. With the engine now built maybe the other tables would take a little less time to produce.
This table is pretty damn impressive on a cabinet. Can't wait until the other views are rendered and features like backglass support are introduced for this table.
So far 10 stars and it can only get better.

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
I really hope the guys at Barnstorm start taking the game a little more seriously now that there is a whole new influx of people giving them $15 each. I can't think of any early access game I've ever seen that has launched with so few features, there is a lot of work to do

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
I really hope the guys at Barnstorm start taking the game a little more seriously now that there is a whole new influx of people giving them $15 each. I can't think of any early access game I've ever seen that has launched with so few features, there is a lot of work to do

I agree. My personal feature list:

the low/medium view angle
scrollable leaderboard
leaderboard reachable from a game
keyboard/controller setup
confirmation after pressing the restart button
explore the table mode like in the original version

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013

Does "early access" typically charge more than what a game eventually sells for? (Will Pro Pinball Timeshock on Steam probably sell for less than $14.99 when it's completely done and ready for its eventual regular pricing?) Also, if we buy Early Access, do we get the final copy as well?

Oh, I found the answer to my last question above. On Steam's general Early Access Learn More page it says:

Is this the same as pre-purchasing a game?
No. Early Access is a full purchase of a playable game. By purchasing, you gain immediate access to download and play the game in its current form and as it evolves. You keep access to the game, even if the game later moves from Early Access into fully released.

Last edited:

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Thanks Sun Vulcan. That was enough for me to buy this legendary game, even though it's currently only in an Early Access level of completion. It's downloading now.

Last edited:

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
I'll be honest I was skeptical of paying so much for a single table. I'v never played the originals so I have no prior affection for the franchise.
I still have to get joy2key setup but I got the rest of the controls except nudging setup and portrait mode working fullscreen and played it for a couple hours.
This really does feel really really good. I'm not sure how to define it but ball movement,bounce flipper action is very impressive and the visuals are great so far(can't wait for cab view so dmd is on screen two..I like the angled view tho hope we don't just get a straight down top down view)

So great work on Barnstorm,thanks to everyone for their endorsements :)

Now to figure out how to launch from PinballX :)

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
I'll be honest I was skeptical of paying so much for a single table.

As far as I can remember the original game price in 1998 was more than double and I found it cheap for such a table. These days are hard for game developers, great decay of values in the modern software business. Keep in mind the price for one physical pinball with a few thousand dollars...

Last edited:

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
I don't think any comparison of the price of anything from 1998 to now is worth dwelling on..its a different time and market.
I used to pay about 3dollars a minute long distance to talk to relatives in B.C. Now I pay 2.99 a month to skype for unlimited anywhere in north America..things change.
I realize a brand new pinball machine is worth about 12k Canadian(shipped duty and tax's)..but that's a bad analogy..no one says "Look at how much cheaper Forza 4 is compared to buying an Enzo"..its not the same thing.

Anyways I was just being honest about how I felt about the price and having no preconceived notions on what timeshock is, and how pleasantly surprised I was..that was all.

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
I was a little surprised about the Steam price too, in part because the Google Play price for Android is one fifth of the Steam price. But I hoped that with all the years that Barnstorm Games put into this (including after their Kickstarter) that it would be worth it. In fact, before I bought it on Steam I had seen an interesting dialogue about the Steam price on Pro Pinball's Facebook page of https://www.facebook.com/pro.pinball/ (and Pinball Arcade is even mentioned in the discussion) :

The poster said - "Right I do love this pinball table and when I heard it was coming to steam I loaded it up to purchase the table. But was shocked to find that this table is £9.99 which is to expensive compared to the tables that you can get from pinball arcade and zen pinball. So I will not be buying this table unless it is around 2.99 to 3.99 at the most just like the other tables are from the companies I have mentioned I am disappointed."

Pro Pinball replied with- "Sorry you think the price is too high. However, we would humbly suggest that this table is not "just like the other tables" from the other companies. It probably doesn't help, but I'm pretty sure when it first came out in 1997 it would've been £29.99! :)"

Last edited:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
A friend of mine from the UK who I hadn't seen for about 7 years came to stay with us a few months ago. We played the virtual cab a lot, and while I was at work his wife told me he had playing hours with it (the cabinet that is ;)). I only showed him VP and TPA DX11 but funnily enough he got hooked on a couple of VP tables namely Genesis (VP10) and Robowar (DX7). He starting researching cab parts while he was here saying he is seriously considering building one.

Anyway, before he left I loaded up the Timeshock Ultra beta with no DMD, no backglass, with the table lighting turned down in portrait mode with the one view they have done so far, and he asked why on earth I didn't show it before, and added he will definitely be building one now! I actually watched him walking around the cabinet studying the table up close whilst it was in attract mode for quite some time.

The price is somewhat high I agree (although well worth it) and it is a shame because the average man on the street won't pay that kind of money nowadays. People want a Rolex for the price of a Casio, or a pack of Rolex's so it only likely to only be die-hard fans that buy it sadly. If some if us lot think twice about the cost, then someone who can take or leave pinball will only think once.

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
A friend of mine from the UK who I hadn't seen for about 7 years came to stay with us a few months ago. We played the virtual cab a lot, and while I was at work his wife told me he had playing hours with it (the cabinet that is ;)). I only showed him VP and TPA DX11 but funnily enough he got hooked on a couple of VP tables namely Genesis (VP10) and Robowar (DX7). He starting researching cab parts while he was here saying he is seriously considering building one.

Anyway, before he left I loaded up the Timeshock Ultra beta with no DMD, no backglass, with the table lighting turned down in portrait mode with the one view they have done so far, and he asked why on earth I didn't show it before, and added he will definitely be building one now! I actually watched him walking around the cabinet studying the table up close whilst it was in attract mode for quite some time.

The price is somewhat high I agree (although well worth it) and it is a shame because the average man on the street won't pay that kind of money nowadays. People want a Rolex for the price of a Casio, or a pack of Rolex's so it only likely to only be die-hard fans that buy it sadly. If some if us lot think twice about the cost, then someone who can take or leave pinball will only think once.

I think the price is right for the table itself. You will have to pay thousands of dollars to play for a real table. But real tables aren't plagued by janky frame-rates like this game is.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I think the price is right for the table itself. You will have to pay thousands of dollars to play for a real table. But real tables aren't plagued by janky frame-rates like this game is.

I don't get any frame-rate issues at all on 2 PCs I have and that is with settings set to maximum. I thought that was a benefit of pre-rendering, you don't need an ultra high-end PC so might be worth you reporting your specs to them.

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
Any word on when new features are going to start coming along. Most Early Access releases drop content updates very quickly. I'd hate to think Barnstorm is going to sit on another pile of money for another 2 years

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
This only an VIP or Ade himself can answer.
But I am positive now. Once it's finally out the updates should go faster...

Pinandy

Aug 30, 2012
Any word on when new features are going to start coming along. Most Early Access releases drop content updates very quickly. I'd hate to think Barnstorm is going to sit on another pile of money for another 2 years

Somewhere i have read a post from Ade, where he mentioned, that the mediium View will be added in approx. 2 weeks.
So this schould be taken not so long.
May be it was a comment on Steam, but i am not sure about this....

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
Has the early access version still not gotten any updates? I'm really disappointed, I thought that once this got ah early access release for the general public Barnstorm would have made Timeshock a bigger priority.

Edit: most early access games on steam have constant updates. Some are updated with hot fixes daily. Others are updated weekly. Very few are updated less frequently than that.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Has the early access version still not gotten any updates? I'm really disappointed, I thought that once this got ah early access release for the general public Barnstorm would have made Timeshock a bigger priority.

Edit: most early access games on steam have constant updates. Some are updated with hot fixes daily. Others are updated weekly. Very few are updated less frequently than that.

There was also a mention in the PP forum in last 2 weeks where they said they would take a look at adding the cabinet view (without 2nd screen) because it can be done without a need to re-render anything. I also hope we start to see these updates soon and that it does not go another year without anything.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
i got a feeling there's going to be no noticible speed increase to releases and that this will take another couple years to be ready to leave the early access classification

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
here's your cabinet mode update info as of Fri Feb 26, 2016

Ade said:
question 1 said:
Thanks for the update.

Any progress on the cabinet view? ;)

The cabinet view mode now mostly works, in its experimental state. I'll try to remember to grab a screenshot and post it.

Question 2 said:
Are you waiting for both the low and medium view renders to be finished before an updated version is released?

I believe we'll update it when the low view is ready, which isn't far off now. The medium view will come along after.

The weekly update on things says the low view is being constructed, and the medium view is being rendered. No actual time estimates for anything as usual.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts