Pro Pinball

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Hey Jeff - they are bound to add iCade support, so maybe worth considering?

For those who have iCades it would truly be great. I don't have room for one sadly lol. I do have a PC arcade/pin cab though with all the old Pro Pinballs loaded up on it, so I'm really looking forward to having the updated eyecandy we see here. :)

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
For those who have iCades it would truly be great. I don't have room for one sadly lol. I do have a PC arcade/pin cab though with all the old Pro Pinballs loaded up on it, so I'm really looking forward to having the updated eyecandy we see here. :)
I have the small version without the cabinet at the top. It is about 12" x 6" x 8" high including the joysticks and can slip under a bed.

http://www.amazon.com/iCade-Arcade-Controller-iPad2-ICG05/dp/B008BGY2I6

Having said that with your PC setup, you might have well wait because that is going to be something else. :)

I have the iCade but no iOS. lol SBB

Last edited:

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Just checked the pp forums and found this (woot!) just need zen an atomic to follow suit and I'm all set!

Re: iCade support? Initial release appears to lack it.
by Ade » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:17 am

Coming soon...

night

May 18, 2012
Restarting a game is cheating and a bit silly. You can loose 2 balls and have an excellent round with the last ball. In real life, would you walk away from a table when you suck at the first or second ball? Never give up, that's the spirit.

karl

May 10, 2012
Hitting the upper ramp is really hard on IOS, with the ball speed and small flippers. That will become much easier with the pc version.

The eye-candy is out of this world, as others have said. Traveling through time on the new version is the coolest thing ever in digital pinball

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
Wow just tried it on my iPad, it looks and plays amazing!!! Fired up TPA after 30 mins of play and the ball physics just feel wrong..:(

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Finally got some time on this game today and it's really an awesome table. Let's hope they release the other tables they had in the past (especially iOS) before we all become lawn fertilizer. ;)

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Restarting a game is cheating and a bit silly. You can loose 2 balls and have an excellent round with the last ball. In real life, would you walk away from a table when you suck at the first or second ball? Never give up, that's the spirit.

Yeah i know we had an excellent thread on this topic a while back. I guess the discovery of the restart via operator menu vs the ridiculously slow normal way would give some people on the fence of purchasing the pricier deluxe version over the regular version the push they needed. At the very least the option to restart gives players the choice of being total wuss cheaters or manning up and playing through like you would on a real pinball machine. I like to do both!

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
What the hell are they going to enhance with the physics?

There were improvements in the later Pro Pinball games that Timeshock didn't have. The ball in BRUSA and FJ can spin on an arbitrary non-vertical axis or slide without rolling. But I think Timeshock's physics feel better than the later games even if they're more sophisticated.

There's also the table parameter adjustments like slope and flipper strength that the later games had but Timeshock doesn't yet.

SLOW Start Button must be depressed for two seconds to restart.
INSTANT Restarts the game immediately the Start Button is pressed.
NEVER Disables the Start Button after play of ball one is completed (until Game Over).

Not sure how do do this or if it's even possible on iOS version

Yes, the original PC version allowed this. Not possible on iOS, there's no access to the start button during gameplay.

They actually replaced Empire Interactive's name with Barnstorm's in the attract mode (under the title after the animations). Pretty understandable, but at least provide the original makers somewhere!

The Barnstorm folks are the original makers. Empire was just the printer and publisher.

Is it too small on ipad for you guys? I'm blind as a bat and I'm getting by heh. Do agree we need more views ASAP though.

It's too small because the single viewing angle is way too high. There's a big chunk of basically dead screen space between the top of the useful playfield and the DMD, where Mount Rushmore is. The bonus rollovers are the topmost thing you need to see, and they're only 2/3 of the way up the physical screen, leaving a big void above them. The whole playfield space could be 1.5x bigger than it is or nearly 2x with a lower angle.

Last edited:

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Glad you could remove it, but like Ade posted over at the PP forums if you have any suggestions let them know, and they will take on board any ideas.

One problem I've noticed is if you remove the glass then the pro mode kicks in and unless you hit the very bottom of your phone/tablet it's like a magnet takes control of your ball. I assume by removing glass the "ball control" kicks in, which in my opinion sucks. So essentially I only needed the basic version HOWEVER I'm happy to support a company that makes such realistic tables and buy the pro mode. Perhaps they will fix this in cute updates.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Mmmmmkay!

Realized later he meant timeshock... Is it possible to delete a post we regret posting - couldn't even find the edit tools - saw that some members were able to go back later and add an edit. Guess I m a noob still with forums as this is my first.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.