Pro Pinball

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
I finally got around to playing this and putting up some scores. 58B first place in the regular game, 14B in tournament mode, 47 second Master of Time.

Unfortunately I can report that the bug still exists where bonus over 2.1 billion (2^31) overflows into negative and subtracts from the score instead. The first game should have been 4B more than that. There's not much point to playing for more high scores while that's still there, so I'll leave the buy-in and challenge modes for later. At least this version didn't crash on displaying an End of Time total over 2^31 (although I don't know if it doesn't crash in general or if it just happened not to this time.)

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Hey Mr. vikingerik sir. What's your opinion of the ProPinball physics? Is there too much obvious railroading? I ask because I can't spot that stuff.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
I've written before about that around here, but can summarize. Pro Pinball's physics are the best in the business. There's no railroading, because the spatial resolution is super high. A ball at rest on a flipper isn't at exactly the same coordinates every time, it depends on how it got there and how it sank into the flipper rubber. That gives rise to non-railroaded behavior that is different on every flip, but is naturally emergent and not a result of artificially injected randomness.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I've written before about that around here, but can summarize. Pro Pinball's physics are the best in the business. There's no railroading, because the spatial resolution is super high. A ball at rest on a flipper isn't at exactly the same coordinates every time, it depends on how it got there and how it sank into the flipper rubber. That gives rise to non-railroaded behavior that is different on every flip, but is naturally emergent and not a result of artificially injected randomness.

Thank you. I now feel better about loving ProPinball so much.

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
Genesis 1:3 - "And let there be light....and no artificially injected randomness....except the light"

Not sure if I got the quote right......:cool:

night

May 18, 2012
I bought the app for the OSX. Really nice. After installing it still had to download 1491,7MB (for my monitor 1440 resolution), and that gives you 1 table view, the others have to be downloaded as well if you want to play different table views.
I had to lower the graphic-settings to RGB make it run smooth on my 2008 Mac Pro, but it looks stunning, and I prefer the standard table view so far. Still one of the most realistic pinball sims.

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
It's "still" the most realistic pinball sim ever made even if it's played on a Dreamcast via RGB Scart or 640x480 VGA. :p

codinghorror

Aug 13, 2013
Excellent multiple monitor (aka pincab) support as well with the rebooted Ultra table.

The developer has gone super quiet, as in .. dead.. quiet .. so I am not sure if we'll see any future Pro Pinball tables get the Ultra treatment, I was really looking forward to Big Race USA so I hope my suspicions are wrong!

I bought Ultra on PC and iOS both to support the developer.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
I hope you are right, but the devs are dead quiet for sure.
They even forgot to publicly advertise their superb cab support including real DMD and force feedback...
Shame

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Big Race would be so cool to have in Ultra form. Definitely my favorite Pro Pinball game. I'd be sad if it never happened.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
whats wrong? maybe they just didntpay the bills:p or is there something to actually worry about? if they are down for good maybe he can release the server code for a fan to host

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
whats wrong? maybe they just didntpay the bills:p or is there something to actually worry about? if they are down for good maybe he can release the server code for a fan to host

The servers are up and running again. Don't worry, it's not the end of Pro Pinball.

Last edited:

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Big Race would be so cool to have in Ultra form. Definitely my favorite Pro Pinball game. I'd be sad if it never happened.

I guess I need to play it more but of the 3 I have BRUSA is probably my least favorite. Simple design and hideous art/theme.

Fantastic Journey is the game I would hope they are working on, that game is fabulous.

Didn't they say the original plan was to make NEW tables after they remastered the old ones? Maybe by 2020 they can start on that...

Members online

Members online