Request Promo Videos?

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Disclaimer 1: this might have been mentioned before, but I don't recall. Disclaimer 2: I have no idea how feasible this would be (licensing, download size, whether the videos actually still exist in decent quality etc), I just think it would be cool, so I'm throwing it out there.

Back in the 90s (or thereabouts), pinball companies would distribute VHSs to suppliers or arcades, showing off the features of their new machines in a sometimes corny, but very 90s video. These are actually very informative in terms of the history of the machine and also how to play. I think it would be really cool if these were included with perhaps the Pro table pack. It would be a really great added bonus, and maybe justify the cost of a Pro table for some who were on the fence. They have a great retro vibe and really capture the era. With the internet you would never see this kind of thing anymore.

Example (for a table we will never see in TPA, but you get the point):

*edit* Yeah, this has been requested before. Feel free to merge if necessary, mods. But it would be good to continue to show interest to FS :)

Last edited:

Terminator

Feb 8, 2014
FS could look into delving into archives locked away with the orginal holders and remaster them. Would be a nice touch, but it's probably low priority project once they deal with more important tasks.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I know they're on Youtube, but it would be a nice touch to view them through the game itself.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I know they're on Youtube, but it would be a nice touch to view them through the game itself.
Getting "original" tapes transcoded from Williams vault would be the only way I'd want to consume these in-app. Otherwise the YouTube playlist of "Pinball Promo Videos" is my fix.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
I know that in Pinball Magazine #2 Dennis Nordman discussed the promo videos for Party Zone & Demolition Man. He said the former was really silly and that Greg Freres worked on the script with them, and the latter was extremely risqué (even thought it wasn't his fault, it was the promo video's editor).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts