PS Vita "Super Patch"

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I just realized that I upgraded from my 32gb card to a 64gb card last week and I wonder if the new card or restoring the backup is what caused the problem.

PostedUp what is the problem you're having with Black Rose?
Since everything else is running and looking so good I just went ahead and bought it and Fish Tales. I've only played one game of Black Rose, but it ran smooth and looked great.

Glad to hear it! I've seen such a huge difference I couldn't understand how anyone could be unhappy with it.

I'm even more excited for BK2K and High Speed now!

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014
Well I had only played the one game on BR, but it was running really smooth and looked good to me. I didn't notice flipper lag, but probably just missed it since I was on a happy high that the game was finally working right. Ha!

I don't know how you guys don't play in portrait mode. To me that is one of the best things about the Vita version. View 1 or 4 (strange that it varies by table) gives a damn near perfect view.
What is it you guy don't like about the touch controls? They are instantly responsive, definitely faster responding then using the shoulder buttons. They also have a very large area so you can't really miss them. The glitch where you can't change the camera view if you are cradling a ball is still there though which is annoying...

Hm, the graphics do look easily the best when in portrait mode, and Camera 4 looks good with that lower angle. I may have to change my mind about this. Which begs the question, why not have the screen face the other way and let us use X and Triangle for flippers?

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Hm, the graphics do look easily the best when in portrait mode, and Camera 4 looks good with that lower angle. I may have to change my mind about this. Which begs the question, why not have the screen face the other way and let us use X and Triangle for flippers?

It just so happens that there is a thread about this. Long story short, it's on it's way. It just didn't make in to this patch.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Well I had only played the one game on BR, but it was running really smooth and looked good to me. I didn't notice flipper lag, but probably just missed it since I was on a happy high that the game was finally working right. Ha!

I don't know how you guys don't play in portrait mode. To me that is one of the best things about the Vita version. View 1 or 4 (strange that it varies by table) gives a damn near perfect view.
What is it you guy don't like about the touch controls? They are instantly responsive, definitely faster responding then using the shoulder buttons. They also have a very large area so you can't really miss them. The glitch where you can't change the camera view if you are cradling a ball is still there though which is annoying...

I actually love how it looks in portrait, but nudging is just not implemented very well with the rear touch pad control. Next patch!

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013

X and triangle, and analogue to nudge would solve my beef with portrait mode. but some tables in the lower view block out most of the table, in eldorado you can only see the whole table in the high view. i could easily deal with that tho if they did this. i think if they did this it would make up for some of the crap we had to deal with the past 2 years.

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014
Yeah, I just noticed the cameras cut out the sides of some of the tables and you lose the view of the ball when it's there. And it gets uncomfortable to hold, but it's worth more testing for now.

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
Yeah, I just noticed the cameras cut out the sides of some of the tables and you lose the view of the ball when it's there. And it gets uncomfortable to hold, but it's worth more testing for now.

yeah sinced you mentioned it i have been checking out portrait mode for all of the tables, they deff look better. but to get a decent score, for me its like playing pinball for the first time, haha. deff gonna take some practice! (if i dont get arthritis, first!) : p jk.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Touch screen kills the immersion for me. I could deal with using it to launch and nudge, but I need physical buttons for flippers. Vita is just perfect for pinball games, relative to my needs.

yeah i just kinda feel empty and hollow not being able to press buttons. holding the vita normally is super comfortable plus i have the shoulder trigger-grip case to make it feel like a controller and fill your hands in more. some people perfer touch controls, i just cant do it. i often miss the screen bc there is little room to put my thumbs under the flippers (or else my thumbs will be on the table) and when imso focused in the game ill touch just off of the screen by accident causing the ball to drain.

Well you guys could just pick up some touch-screen game buttons. They probably have them at Best Buy and anywhere else that carries iPhone/tablet stuff.
Then BOOM! Problem solved: Portrait with buttons!

I might stop at the store tomorrow and grab some myself. Personally I really like the touchscreen controls and portaright is the only way I'll even play it (same with Zen). I just wish the stick would work to nudge like Zen (you can also flip the screen either direction and use the controls on either side in Zen)

I also use the trigger grips myself, but I just leave it on and turn the system sideways. Kratos mentions somewhere that the Nerf case works great for portraight mode. I'll pick one of those up to try too.

Nerf + Touch screen buttons + Vita = perfect pinball?

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Glad to hear it! I've seen such a huge difference I couldn't understand how anyone could be unhappy with it.

I'm even more excited for BK2K and High Speed now!

Me too. I'm soooo happy that mine was just tweaking out and now it's working better than ever.
You know how angry I've been the past 2 years over the shaft the Vita version got. I'm cautiously optimistic about the game now. Ha!

Still, I really hope they actually do get another fix out soon. Maybe I'll PM that Farsight dude to see what he says. If they are working on patch 2 then we need to make sure they know all the little things we find that need fixing.

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
Well you guys could just pick up some touch-screen game buttons. They probably have them at Best Buy and anywhere else that carries iPhone/tablet stuff.

I might stop at the store tomorrow and grab some myself. Personally I really like the touchscreen controls and portaright is the only way I'll even play it (same with Zen). I just wish the stick would work to nudge like Zen (you can also flip the screen either direction and use the controls on either side in Zen)

I also use the trigger grips myself, but I just leave it on and turn the system sideways. Kratos mentions somewhere that the Nerf case works great for portraight mode. I'll pick one of those up to try too.

HMM (lol), you may have something there bro... i never heard of touch screen buttons, ill check them out. and yeah logically the nerf case would make it more comfortable to hold. the only thing would be the nudge (ill have to figure it out bc i cant play without it, its important to line up my shots). but other than that, yeah, i think you may have something :).

i dont think i tried using buttons in portrate mode for zen, ill have to check that out. and nudging just doesnt work for me in zen, i even took tilt off of the operators menu and saw little difference when i nudged it many, many times, lol.

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
Me too. I'm soooo happy that mine was just tweaking out and now it's working better than ever.
You know how angry I've been the past 2 years over the shaft the Vita version got. I'm cautiously optimistic about the game now. Ha!

Still, I really hope they actually do get another fix out soon. Maybe I'll PM that Farsight dude to see what he says. If they are working on patch 2 then we need to make sure they know all the little things we find that need fixing.

me too. i can actually enjoy tables ive had sitting there for ages. it was so frustrating skimming through my tables "nope..nope..nope...nope... oh ye- nope...". were starting to post the new bugs and tables/bugs that wrrent fixed in the issues thread up top then me or one of us are going to start a new thread posting them for the devs to get a better idea. feel free to look and add to whats not there.

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014

Interesting stuff there, definitely worth a look. By the way, speaking of Zen, I find Camera 6 perfect for video game pinball. Beats any normal or portrait view on both these games. Zen do a lot of great things, I just wish Farsight put in half the effort people at Zen do.

darkinertia

Oct 31, 2012
lol i know, right? when i played it a long time ago, b4 i got fed up with it and quit, i mastered the spinner; with 4 hour lag and everything :p. the game IS good, for sure. and are you talking about the vita version or ps3 version of BH and BK? im talking about the vita. im gonna go play SS now that you mention it :p.

yeah i played i played it on the vita and most of the tables ive tried are fine now including BH and BK, now lets just hope they keep it up instead of messing up future releases lol i havent bought a table since dr dude i think because i was just so mad they would put out a table like that, the table looked like when you load a picture in dail up and stop it from loading haha. ive seen virtual pinball tables that looked better, i hope were behind those times as vita owners

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
yeah i played i played it on the vita and most of the tables ive tried are fine now including BH and BK, now lets just hope they keep it up instead of messing up future releases lol i havent bought a table since dr dude i think because i was just so mad they would put out a table like that, the table looked like when you load a picture in dail up and stop it from loading haha. ive seen virtual pinball tables that looked better, i hope were behind those times as vita owners

Exactly the same for me, I stopped buying tables and completely quit playing the game when they released Dr Dude. I couldn't believe they released it like that. And the glitch I was having on several tables with this new update looked like the graphics had only partially loaded as well, thankfully deleting/re-downloading fixed it.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
HMM (lol), you may have something there bro... i never heard of touch screen buttons, ill check them out. and yeah logically the nerf case would make it more comfortable to hold. the only thing would be the nudge (ill have to figure it out bc i cant play without it, its important to line up my shots). but other than that, yeah, i think you may have something :).

i dont think i tried using buttons in portrate mode for zen, ill have to check that out. and nudging just doesnt work for me in zen, i even took tilt off of the operators menu and saw little difference when i nudged it many, many times, lol.
Interesting stuff there, definitely worth a look. By the way, speaking of Zen, I find Camera 6 perfect for video game pinball. Beats any normal or portrait view on both these games. Zen do a lot of great things, I just wish Farsight put in half the effort people at Zen do.

I went out looking for those screen suction buttons last night, but couldn't find any. Best-Buy, Gamestop, Walmart, Mac store, specialty phone accessory stores etc... and none had them. Fred Meyer said they used to have them, but don't carry them anymore. So bummer, no easy way to just walk out and buy some. There are several on Ebay and Amazon though. Guess they'll have to be ordered.

Camera 6 is the only view I'll play in using landscape in Zen and it is damn near perfect for that orientation. If TPA had that view (and motion/ball tracking) then that would be a good thing. I still prefer portrait view is better in either game though (portrait view 3 or 7 in Zen)

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014
Unfortunately, I don't think they'll add more camera options, but it would be great if they did... Let us know if you get those accessories, and if they're any good.

I also stopped buying DLC around the same time as you (ending with Pack 10, which ended up being the end of season 1), after 4 consecutive packs that looked like they took 5 minutes to port and had no quality testing. I had the game uninstalled for about a year, and brought it back when I heard about this patch.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
The ones I actually wanted are the Joystickers Classic, but I can't find any for sale and it looks like they went out of business.
http://www.pocketables.com/2011/11/joystickers-classics-review.html

So I just ordered this one. The buttons look almost the same as the joystickers and the reviews of the buttons are good. I'll just give the d-pad to my daughter for her iPad.
http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-G...733&sr=8-1&keywords=steel+button+touch+screen

They'll be here Monday or Tuesday so I'll let you guys know.

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
I went out looking for those screen suction buttons last night, but couldn't find any. Best-Buy, Gamestop, Walmart, Mac store, specialty phone accessory stores etc... and none had them. Fred Meyer said they used to have them, but don't carry them anymore. So bummer, no easy way to just walk out and buy some. There are several on Ebay and Amazon though. Guess they'll have to be ordered.

Camera 6 is the only view I'll play in using landscape in Zen and it is damn near perfect for that orientation. If TPA had that view (and motion/ball tracking) then that would be a good thing. I still prefer portrait view is better in either game though (portrait view 3 or 7 in Zen)

at least they are available to us. because... i was actually playing portrait mode a lot yesterday, and, i have a totally new opinion on it today.

i like it better but only for some tables. DrDude in portrait in view #4, specifically, has to be be some of the best pinball ive eve played. it looks Amazing in portrait in view 4, you Have to try it if you havent yet.
ive ALmost gotten around the whole nudge thing: hold the vita by the sides with the palm area right at the base of your index, and have your index wrapped around the back at the vita's camera's nubb, then you can position it to basically pull your right index likeba trigger, just lightly touching the back touch pad. hope i explained that right.

some tables i didnt like portrait mode, but some tables i actually prefer it :).

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
The ones I actually wanted are the Joystickers Classic, but I can't find any for sale and it looks like they went out of business.
http://www.pocketables.com/2011/11/joystickers-classics-review.html

So I just ordered this one. The buttons look almost the same as the joystickers and the reviews of the buttons are good. I'll just give the d-pad to my daughter for her iPad.
http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-G...733&sr=8-1&keywords=steel+button+touch+screen

They'll be here Monday or Tuesday so I'll let you guys know.

deff let us know how they are. they look ok to me.

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014
at least they are available to us. because... i was actually playing portrait mode a lot yesterday, and, i have a totally new opinion on it today.

i like it better but only for some tables. DrDude in portrait in view #4, specifically, has to be be some of the best pinball ive eve played. it looks Amazing in portrait in view 4, you Have to try it if you havent yet.
ive ALmost gotten around the whole nudge thing: hold the vita by the sides with the palm area right at the base of your index, and have your index wrapped around the back at the vita's camera's nubb, then you can position it to basically pull your right index likeba trigger, just lightly touching the back touch pad. hope i explained that right.

some tables i didnt like portrait mode, but some tables i actually prefer it :).

Me too. I posted my best on Creature playing portrait (but to be fair, I only played a few rounds on it since the patch) and Star Trek. Creature, Monster Bash, Ripley's all look and feel better on portrait to me, other tables I tried (Twilight Zone, MM, Tales, AFM, Scared Stiff, Star Trek) feel about the same, so I'm staying with landscape.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts