PS3 europe update

pibawiz61

Jun 10, 2013
Today there was an update. I am starting to play all tables. What is your impression?
What has changed? Has something changed? I am not sure, because I started my testrun with two tables I did not play for a while. I will complete my impressions from day to day.
Gorgar: Runs much better now, more fluent. At first try Gorgar did not speak in game, now he does, so it was a one game fault I think.
Good.
Genie: Looks much better now than first issues, colouríng in the end fine now (except flipper fingers). Ball physics seems much better now so gameplay is near to the original I remember from arcade in the 80s. Good.
Black Hole: Ooops. Seems very bright in the bright areas. But ok. Game play seems to be improved.
Good. But ending with no No. matching???
Firepower: Gameplay feels a little improved. All highscores and Standard Goals were resetted.
Flight 2000: Ooops, in some situations faster than before. Too fast. And much too fast when ball hits save post between flipper fingers. Not good.
Centaur: Seems unchanged. Good. One of my favorites. Physics were well done from the beginning. Pretty much the feeling of the original table.
Elvira: Seems untouched. Good? Bad? I don't mind. Most boring table. Elvira deserved better.
PinBot: Lights seem brighter now, colors not so nice, was more colorful, had better contrast when I last played it. physics seem slightly improved, but were good before. Too bright.
T2: Seems to be unchanged.
MM: Seems to be unchanged.
Ripley: Seems to be unchanged.
CC: Seems to be unchanged.
BTW: Possibly changes are not update results.I found the significant differences (except F2K) on those tables I did not play for a while. T2, MM, CC which I played in the last weeks seems untouched.

Last edited:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Today there was an update. I am starting to play all tables. What is your impression?
What has changed? Has something changed? I am not sure, because I started my testrun with two tables I did not play for a while. I will complete my impressions from day to day.
Gorgar: Runs much better now, more fluent. But: Goorrrgaaar does not speak any longer in game play. I don't mind. Good.
Genie: Looks much better now than first issues, colouríng in the end fine now (except flipper fingers). Ball physics seems much better now so gameplay is near to the original I remember from arcade in the 80s. Good.
Black Hole: Ooops. Seems very bright in the bright areas. But ok. Game play seems to be improved.
Firepower: Gameplay feels a little improved. All highscores and Standard Goals were resetted.
Flight 2000: Ooops, in some situations faster than before. Too fast. And much too fast when ball hits save post between flipper fingers. Not good.
Centaur: Seems unchanged. Good. One of my favorites. Physics were well done from the beginning. Pretty much the feeling of the original table.
Elvira: Seems untouched. Good? Bad? I don't mind. Most boring table. Elvira deserved better.

Were you prompted to download the packs again to play them? If not then they've not changed. The game update only adds data for new tables, and occasionally makes tweaks that affect the core engine rather than individual tables.

pibawiz61

Jun 10, 2013
Really

Were you prompted to download the packs again to play them? If not then they've not changed. The game update only adds data for new tables, and occasionally makes tweaks that affect the core engine rather than individual tables.

Hmmmh, no, for a long time I were not prompted to new downloads. So I don't know when changes happened. But I am sure there were. F2K for example I played in Dec Tourney - and now it feels as explained different. Gorgar feels different although the last new download is longer ago than I have played the last time before my testrun. With Pinbot it is the same. Tis machine I did not download new for over a year but played it a while ago and it ist brighter now, ball physics/feeling is different.
Maybe you are right, maybe it is just my personal impression, maybe the changes were made earlier. I will go on. It is kinda fun to play all tables in a short time one after another.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Gorgar: Runs much better now, more fluent. But: Goorrrgaaar does not speak any longer in game play. I don't mind. Good. Genie: Looks much better now than first issues, colouríng in the end fine now (except flipper fingers). Ball physics seems much better now so gameplay is near to the original I remember from arcade in the 80s. Good.
PinBot: Lights seem brighter now, physics seem slightly improved, but were good before. Too bright.

DokkenRokken would love this. :D

Morg

Apr 3, 2014
Hooray, I'm not the only one who noticed that Black Hole seems a bit too bright finally. Not sure that I remember there ever being any post-game match in that one though. There might be supposed to be one, but it has always cut off in the middle of counting down your final bonus as long as I remember.

I've never had Gorgar go quiet before, though I have had some odd glitches with sounds not playing or playing wrong. Just the other night I did have Space Shuttle get stuck playing some kind of song in the middle of a ball though, lasted until I drained and then the awful yet mesmerizing noise it normally makes came back... not sure how I did that. I maxed out my bonus and multiplier for the first time ever in that game, but I think the song played on one or two of the extra balls I had after that ball. I don't know if that was a glitch or a feature I don't know about. I also somehow got the Wizard goal for scoring a max bonus while I was still playing the ball, well before I could have tilted... but it may have happened when a ball drained in multiball. I previously got the goal and bonus for spelling "shuttle" with the "T" drop target last even though it was the other "T" target that I hit last. Okay... I'm rambling now, sorry.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
About Black Hole.
Is it just me or the game totally slows down when you play on the lower playfield ?

pibawiz61

Jun 10, 2013
Yes, I had the same feeling, but was not sure. Gameplay in lower playfield seems to be slower than months ago.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.