PS3 European version 1.10 released

nstalkie

Jun 30, 2013
I just noticed there has been an update to pinball arcade !

confirmed fixes that I noticed:
- the friend leaderboard bug is fixed
- I can see season one and season two menu options completely now. (Season two was always grayed out, season one usually had some packs missing)
not sure about any other changes. Do they release changelogs ?

Last edited:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
FS never releases changelogs for console versions. That's life.

It's up to us to notice what has changed.

I'll download it tonight, then a complete check up!:p

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Have they fixed the table goals not showing up?

EDIT: Yes they have, but I can't see the Season 2 pack anywhere :(

Last edited:

nstalkie

Jun 30, 2013
Another thing I'm noticing: on the screen where you can select the table you want to play, you can view how many goals you have left (the stars weren't lit in 1.09).
The season 2 option sometimes still doesn't light up. I guess it checks PSN in the background, sometimes it takes some time, but eventually it should get lit.

EDIT: i should refresh before posting :)

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
I just noticed there has been an update to pinball arcade !
- I can see season one and season two menu options completely now. (Season two was always grayed out, season one usually had some packs missing)

This is actually the same as the last update.With the last one the Season 2 pack was greyed out, but after a game of pinball the game had checked with the PS Store and you could view Season 2 tables and select season 2 season packs (but as the season pack isn't on the store yet it shows up as unavailable)

nstalkie

Jun 30, 2013
Maybe with the UK store, but I have NEVER seen the Season two option enabled, even after playing multiple tables. Also Season 1 was frequently grayed out or only had packs 1 & 2 (which I bought last week btw). It stayed that way. I thought it had something to do with my PSN being in French (for some reason, Sony thinks if you live in Belgium: you speak French ...).

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Yep, Season Pack 2 is still greyed when I launch the game, and becomes available after a short time. Not a big deal, as the pack is not yet released on PSN store.

So, things I've noticed (and not already reported):

- The overall sound level seems to have been increased (see this thread > http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/2980-Lower-sound-than-my-other-games ). I don't need anymore to turn up the volume when I launch TPA. It has now almost the same volume level than my other games (still a little bit lower, but it's way better than before).

- I can't believe that... but it seems that the lag has been reduced in 1920x1080. I notice a difference since the table selection menu...

- My settings have been reset after the patch (camera event was back to "on")

- I encountered a weird bug for the first time: all reflections and light FX have disappeared on the ball. The standard ball was black, and the green ball that I use on Funhouse was in a very dark green. I have to quit and relaunch the game, then the bug was gone.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Oh, one more thing I noticed: there seems to be some new ball skins available.

Now, I bought the Season 1 pro pack, so I'm not sure if they're a bonus for buying the pack or whether they're there from buying the tables, but from memory I could make out a devil (Gorgar), the CFTBL logo, the Taxi logo and something that was probably Bride of Pinbot related.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Posted in the" 2.14 NA update" thread, related to the reflection ball changes:

"It seems there is a problem for me with the custom balls (1.10 european patch). Smiley ball and Eight ball look good without the reflection, but green and red balls are awful. No shiny and metallic effect at all.
But the worst is when I set back to the regular ball, it's like on the screenshot posted above: I can barely see it. I have to quit and restart TPA, and the ragular ball is fine again.
So, if I choose again a custom "colored" ball (the green or red one), the same bug occurs: no shiny effects (dark and flat) and it messes up the regular ball lighting."

Last edited:

Members online

Members online