PS3 NA v2.19 Discussion and Feedback

Bargleday

Jan 31, 2014
WH2O freezing here as well - when selected, whole system freezes on table select screen & sound clip plays on repeat - requires manual reboot.

PS3 slim with custom 500gb hard drive
1080p with rgb full range & deep color output auto
4.50 & 4.53 have bug
Samsung 1080p 60hz
14gb free on hard drive

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
I'm experiencing WH20 freeze on a super slim running 4.50 via HDMI on a Panasonic TC-50S60 (not 3D) at 1080p.
I can play using the TZ back door, however the game hangs after entering my initials for a high score. It's not a freeze like when accessing the game from the menu list, but more of a hang. After entering my initials, it goes to the local leader board and the final score screen, but it won't proceed beyond the final score screen. The controller still works and the screen acknowledges that I'm hitting the x button to continue, but nothing happens. I can quit TPA with the PS button, but then the unit beeps 3 times and reboots. At least I don't have to get off the couch to do a hard reset. :)
Also, the game does not retain my high scores after reboot.

Last edited:

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
Hmm, Taxi just now did the Final Score screen hang, too. Buttons register, the game just won't let me get past this screen. PS button to reboot the system like with WH2O. I've never had a problem with Taxi before. And I didn't even have a high score. I hope I haven't corrupted the software by playing around with WH2O.

ETA: Tried it again a few times and all is well. Hopefully just an anomaly.

Last edited:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
White Water PS3 Locking Bug

Locks PS3 when select White Water from menu screen), continues to play music while the PS3 is hard locked.

PS3 Details:

PS3 Model: PlayStation slim (320GB Uncharted 3 bundle model)
Firmware: 4.50
Hard Drive: Upgraded to Western Digital A/V, 1TB, 5200rpm (free space 199GB/931GB)
Video Settings: 1080p with RGB full range / deep color output auto
Display Type: Sony PlayStation 3D 22" LED Display @ 1080p 250Hz

All TPA tables owned

*not sure if this is relevant* After the game updated, I went to Season 2 on the main TPA menu in order to download the 2 new table packs and it prompted me to re-download the following:
11. (Dr. Dude, Firepower) 12. (Cactus Canyon, Central Park) 13. (White Water, Space Shuttle) 14. (Pin•Bot, Centaur).

*Does anyone know why these were in the download queue?? This is where a change log would be helpful. Obviously they changed something in White Water.

Last edited:

xRauLx77

Jul 9, 2013
White Water PS3 Locking Bug

Locks PS3 when select White Water from menu screen), continues to play music while the PS3 is hard locked.

PS3 Details:

PS3 Model: PlayStation slim (320GB Uncharted 3 bundle model)
Hard Drive: Upgraded to Western Digital A/V, 1TB, 5200rpm (free space 199GB/931GB)
Video Settings: 1080p with RGB full range / deep color output auto
Display Type: Sony PlayStation 3D 22" LED Display @ 1080p 250Hz

All TPA tables owned

*not sure if this is relevant* After the game updated, I went to Season 2 on the main TPA menu in order to download the 2 new table packs and it prompted me to re-download the following:
11. (Dr. Dude, Firepower) 12. (Cactus Canyon, Central Park) 13. (White Water, Space Shuttle) 14. (Pin•Bot, Centaur).

*Does anyone know why these were in the download queue?? This is where a change log would be helpful. Obviously they changed something in White Water.

Hmmmm nice catch... have you tried re-downlad this table?

I'll do this right now and come back with the results...

EDIT: Yeah, just did it and... didnt worked... maybe a full reinstall would solve, but Im not doing this right now... so, for my case, redownload Pack 13 didnt remove the freeze nightmare...

Last edited:

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Just to give everyone an idea of where were at with this bug, we have been able to reproduce it only once and we are still working hard to determine what the cause is.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Just to give everyone an idea of where were at with this bug, we have been able to reproduce it only once and we are still working hard to determine what the cause is.

Thanks for keeping us updated FF

Here is mine stolen from Spoonman and tweaked

PS3 Details:

PS3 Model: PlayStation slim 120GB model CECH-2001A
Hard Drive: Upgraded to Western Digital 500GB 5200rpm (free space 197GB/465GB) Exact HDD here

1080 freezes switching to 720 works
hooked up by HDMI

I also tried to run the game on one of my PS3 accounts that had never played it on a fresh save file and it also crashed in 1080.

All tables owned up until the most recent 2 packs.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Mandatory FW update 4.55 is out but nothing points to anything other than some Bluray Disc/DVD related stuff.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
It could still apply. It defeats my theory if your having an issue with white water though. We did reproduce it once. After deleting the save data and the game then re-downloading and starting a new game, we were not able to reproduce it. We are still working to find the cause of it.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Did anyone see this notification for this current patch?
View attachment 102

Wow. If this works like Android (aside from the Sony Approval Delay), it would make the "mega patch" obsolete. How does this work FlippyFloppy? Will it direct you to the correct pack (S1/2) or table (S3) in the PSN store? It will still keep your scores/goals intact, right?

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
The notification will take you to the table pack in the PSN store to download the updated table. Since we are able to do it this way, it will not delete scores or goals.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Update
Installed on 2ND Fat 80 gig CECHL01 PS3 with stock HDD. Most recent firmware and patch with all tables now.
Wh20 also freezes on 1080 in the same way.
I'm 0 for 2

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Is that with a season pass or just table pack purchase? When this bug was first introduced with White Water, we had five employees bring in there personal PS3's to try and recreate it. I was told none of them were able to reproduce it but I was able to get it to happen once on my test kit. I'll check into after work and purchase it on my ps3 and see what happens.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
@FlippyFloppy

easy to fix bug in the end-of-tournament text, it should say because you were in the top 10% <-- that % sign doesn't show (I guess you need to write /% or %% depending on what language is being used (LUA?))

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts