PS3 NA v2.20 Discussion and Feedback

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Here it is, at a cool 499MB!

ESRB screen is updated.

Tables 21 Fish Tales And 22 Black Rose are in the Season 3 menu, but TOTAN music is playing in the background. Doesn't look like the Season 3 pass is available, as expected.

White Water prompts that a new and improved version of this table is available, d/l for free from the PSN store. Note that it says Trial - maybe someone can check if this can now be trialed as well, I own all S1 and S2 so can't check myself. TPA will restart, but WH2O now WORKS AGAIN IN 1080p!

Last edited:

mastercontrol65

Feb 8, 2014
Cirqus Voltaire Issue.....(PS-3)

(Yellow)Dome lights are no longer working with this new patch... is there a way to get them to work again? Other than that everything is working GREAT!!!!!

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Had a little frame skip with FT but other than that no issues so far other than the known pack 20 redownload issue.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
From Gorgar in the Megapatch Thread:

I sampled all of the tables and while I was pleased overall, I have a few minor gripes.

1. The El Dorado/Cue Ball Wizard redownload bug prevents you from playing either table.
2. Volume Settings do not load after exiting and restarting the game, even though it says it is saving after you make changes to it.
3. Someone said that the custom ball bug is still there. I didn't check this yet, but it still should be fixed.
4. The pop bumpers. They seem better on Attack From Mars and Firepower, but they still don't work well on Genie.

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...per-patch-quot?p=140913&viewfull=1#post140913

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Did EATPM freeze for anyone before starting a game on it? Happened to me but when I restarted the system it started fine.

Also a BR bug. Upon starting a second game, you can't pause the game and must restart the system.

HiHat

Sep 12, 2012
Still No Special Event Cam in Champion Pub

Yikes -- the special event cam is still not working in CP. At least the high-score bug in Class of 1812 seems to have been fixed.

Has FS put up a list of all the games that have been revamped after the latest PS3 "super-patch"?

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Having sort of ditched the PS3 version long ago to play on Vita (criticize it all you want but there's no flipper lag) and now focusing on the PS4 version, I finally went back to this to try out the 3d mode.

My review on that is simple:

- 3D mode is cool, looking forward to it on PS4
- Flipper lag is unbearable

Going back to the PS3 after getting used to NO flipper lag is jarring. It just feels like you're "in the mud". I played T2 and I just could not hit a shot to save my life.

And for 3D mode, I don't think you can switch back to 720p to get rid of that lost frame.

Probably done with the PS3 version for good.

maezun

Jul 21, 2013
Finally got sick of waiting for the EU patch and decided to buy the U.S version. I bought the Season 2 Pro Bundle and it was missing 11 of the tables. Has anyone else had the same problem?

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Having sort of ditched the PS3 version long ago to play on Vita (criticize it all you want but there's no flipper lag) and now focusing on the PS4 version, I finally went back to this to try out the 3d mode.

My review on that is simple:

- 3D mode is cool, looking forward to it on PS4
- Flipper lag is unbearable

Going back to the PS3 after getting used to NO flipper lag is jarring. It just feels like you're "in the mud". I played T2 and I just could not hit a shot to save my life.

And for 3D mode, I don't think you can switch back to 720p to get rid of that lost frame.

Probably done with the PS3 version for good.

The 3D mode is in 720p. My lag is so much better on my new TV that I keep hitting things early on the PS3 version. In order to keep the flipper lag consistent I've been turning off game mode when I play on the PS4. ;)

callmethebreeze

Apr 17, 2014
Finally got sick of waiting for the EU patch and decided to buy the U.S version. I bought the Season 2 Pro Bundle and it was missing 11 of the tables. Has anyone else had the same problem?

You will have to go to the Play Station Store and download the tables you didnt receive one by one.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
The 3D mode is in 720p. My lag is so much better on my new TV that I keep hitting things early on the PS3 version. In order to keep the flipper lag consistent I've been turning off game mode when I play on the PS4. ;)

Hm... well, my TV is new also (Sammy 7100). I had game mode turned on but after several minutes I couldn't ever feel like I was in proper control of the game. Visually it's not a problem. I'm not a "3D gives me headaches" guy. It just felt like every shot was late. I could get used to it again like I was before but the overall accuracy percentage suffers and it's ultimately frustrating.

The PS4 version is TIGHT. So I'm looking forward to finally having new DLC this week.

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Hm... well, my TV is new also (Sammy 7100). I had game mode turned on but after several minutes I couldn't ever feel like I was in proper control of the game. Visually it's not a problem. I'm not a "3D gives me headaches" guy. It just felt like every shot was late. I could get used to it again like I was before but the overall accuracy percentage suffers and it's ultimately frustrating.

The PS4 version is TIGHT. So I'm looking forward to finally having new DLC this week.

The lag on my old TV, even in game mode, was pretty bad. I'd say it had to be around 100ms but I got used to it. So now everything is fast!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.