PS3 NA v2.22 Feedback and Discussion

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
There's a few issues with HRC. Please let me know if you agree or not, maybe it's just me?

- The plunger is weak. I fail to fully plunge the ball at least once every game.

- The ball is floaty, and moves kind of slow.

- The Ball goes absolutely crazy when hitting in between the bumpers. I'm not sure who's having a seizure, the ball, or myself from watching it bounce around insanely quick?

- The "Ball Save" is never on at the beginning of each game.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Not sure I agree with the plunger being weak. The pop bumpers are extra powerful, that I don't mind.

Initial entry needs fixing asap, people on my friends list are posting scores lower than the preset ones and they usually destroy my scores...

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Not sure I agree with the plunger being weak. The pop bumpers are extra powerful, that I don't mind.

Initial entry needs fixing asap, people on my friends list are posting scores lower than the preset ones and they usually destroy my scores...

Yeah, the plunger thing is on and off. It's not a big deal to me, just something I noticed.

The pop bumpers are a little bothersome, I mean, they're practically moving at warp speed. lol It's just a tad bit unrealistic.

As for the ball save feature, I'm getting mixed responses from people. I know our local machine has a Ball Save feature for the first few seconds of play. I'm hearing others do not. So, I'm not sure what the issue is? It really sucks that it's not turned on for TPA version, though.

Last edited:

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
The problem with the plunger appears to be the way the ball trough is designed on that game. It drops in, then wiggles around, and THEN settles into the ball detent. I'm finding that as long as you wait a few seconds for it to "settle down" into the proper position, the plunger works fine.

The pop bumpers are fine, IMO. One of my issues with TPA is they severely underpower the bumpers on many tables. They should slam the ball around all crazy and frantic-like when properly calibrated.

Morg

Apr 3, 2014
Any chance that they've fixed the issue with the plunger(discovered just before the mega-patch IIRC) yet? I mean the one where something had changed along the way so that now a max power plunge seems to be 100% predictable and you can for example hit the Scared Stiff skill shot 99.9999% of the time and it is impossible to get the max spinout bonus on Taxi or overshoot it. You can get a bit of extra power if you flick the stick quickly but that's no good for accuracy. It's been known about for some time, hoping it's finally fixed but I haven't had the opportunity to play yet.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I thought that they removed the ball saves on tables where its an option to appease the people who thought that the game was too easy.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
The problem with the plunger appears to be the way the ball trough is designed on that game. It drops in, then wiggles around, and THEN settles into the ball detent. I'm finding that as long as you wait a few seconds for it to "settle down" into the proper position, the plunger works fine.

The pop bumpers are fine, IMO. One of my issues with TPA is they severely underpower the bumpers on many tables. They should slam the ball around all crazy and frantic-like when properly calibrated.

Yeah, it's weird how it does that. I never had that issue on the real table. (Either that or I never even noticed, because I'm so used to weak plungers on old, beat up tables)

As for the bumpers, that I'll disagree with. I think they go waaaaaaaay too crazy, but that's just my opinion.

I thought that they removed the ball saves on tables where its an option to appease the people who thought that the game was too easy.

If so, that's pretty cheap. Again, not everyone is a pinball wizard.

If I remember correctly, the Ball Save was a Coin Door adjustment that was Off by default.

Really? Damn!

Like I said, the local table here in town always has the ball save on for the first few seconds of play, which is always nice in any game. Personally, I think it makes the better, that way you really get a good game going.

Last edited:

starck

Jun 7, 2012
no change log from farsight on this version? was this just to release tables or were any bug fixes made?

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
Yeah, it's weird how it does that. I never had that issue on the real table. (Either that or I never even noticed, because I'm so used to weak plungers on old, beat up tables)

As for the bumpers, that I'll disagree with. I think they go waaaaaaaay too crazy, but that's just my opinion.

Well make sure never to get on my Taxi, then!! ;) Those pops go off like an AK and send the ball careening around the table like you wouldn't believe. I love it.

Morg

Apr 3, 2014
Any chance that they've fixed the issue with the plunger(discovered just before the mega-patch IIRC) yet? I mean the one where something had changed along the way so that now a max power plunge seems to be 100% predictable and you can for example hit the Scared Stiff skill shot 99.9999% of the time and it is impossible to get the max spinout bonus on Taxi or overshoot it. You can get a bit of extra power if you flick the stick quickly but that's no good for accuracy. It's been known about for some time, hoping it's finally fixed but I haven't had the opportunity to play yet.

Downloaded, tested quickly, got 75k three times in a row on Taxi and hit the skill shot 3 times in a row on SS. Gonna say still not fixed.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts