PS3 (NA) Version 2.08 And 2.09 Feedback And Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathtickle

Dec 10, 2012
At this point in time - I think the only thing that is well run at the moment is this forum.

Im cutting slack thinking that Farsight is just overwhelmed. Lets hope the Farsight name is not a Oxymoron.

However I do have a belly of fear knowing that these people made the Genesis version of Action 52. Even if that staff is yesteryear it seems quantity over quality is still rampant.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
The level of interest on this thread shows there is still plenty of life and support left for the consoles. Ref menu system, seems like a straight port from mobile platform to save time and money in overall development and rollout.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Personally, I would prefer a text-only option for the table list so that you can even more easily spot the table you are looking for.

Do you REALLY need to see the artwork for the few seconds you will be on the menu screen?

ParallaxScroll

Aug 21, 2012
After playing some more Star Trek, the camera gets stuck zoomed in on the plunger sometimes in both Ferengi and Borg multiball modes so you can't see what you are doing.

Tron

Jul 8, 2012
So what you want is something resembling a 48k Spectrum game wired up to a 14" portable.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Am I the only person who doesn't like STTNG? Sure it's pretty and sounds good but whats with the TINY FLIPPERS!? and the gravity is way up to 10! making it way to difficult to trap the ball, wants to roll off the flipper almost every time.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Am I the only person who doesn't like STTNG? Sure it's pretty and sounds good but whats with the TINY FLIPPERS!? and the gravity is way up to 10! making it way to difficult to trap the ball, wants to roll off the flipper almost every time.

Those are "standard" 3" flippers. Remember, STTNG is a wide body, so with the table being bigger, the flippers look smaller. Also, the inlanes are also now longer, therefore the ball gets up a good head of steam by the time it hits the flippers, causing the ball to infuriatingly roll off the tips.

I like this game a lot. I wish I could love it, but I don't. It's just too punishing.

ParallaxScroll

Aug 21, 2012

That's all pretty accurate to the real TNG table from what I remember.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012

This pin is almost too difficult to enjoy. Even after a good game I feel like I was just kicked in the onions.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
TNG plays fantastic and it looks great, better than TZ. I had the camera stuck once but it quickly went back to the action.

No one said that this is an easy table. In real life it pretty much owns me, inaccurate shots are punished harshly and the outlanes are greeeeeedy. With some training in TPA I hope I can put on a decent game in future. :)

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I just did a measurment test and TZ's flippers are 3 inches on my TV and STTNG flippers are 2 3/4 inches they are smaller.
IMG_5133_zps838fcd8f.jpg

IMG_5134_zpsb4d353d0.jpg

Iexagerates the speed of the game and shortens your shooting timing.

boy-oh-boy

Mar 3, 2013
i love the sttng table.challenging and motivating.dont like the SS table gameplay. 2 hours playtime for one game is nothing for me.i hope the next table packs are challenging like the sttng too.

sry for my bad english but i missed many of my english lessons in school (25 years ago) because i played to much pinball in pubs(in germamy^^)

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
I just did a measurment test and TZ's flippers are 3 inches on my TV and STTNG flippers are 2 3/4 inches they are smaller.
IMG_5133_zps838fcd8f.jpg

IMG_5134_zpsb4d353d0.jpg

Iexagerates the speed of the game and shortens your shooting timing.

I think the whole table is more zoomed out on st

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Yeah Im not saying the flippers are smaller than they should be, they're not the same size as the rest because the view is different but I can tell the difference in play.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Well, when comparing the two, (camera angles and distance aside) STTNG certainly does look... stubbier.

Oooh, I just noticed something when staring at the screenshots. The annoying launch button blocking the view of the right outlane doesn't exist on the PS3! Ok, maybe I will pick up this version.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I emailed Bobby about the UI/menu complaints and got an encouraging response:

"We have a new UI guy working full time now and we'll be updating the look in a month or so. It will function in a similar manner, but the new look is a lot better."

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
But why bring it out in the state as it is now in the first place? :confused: I certainly could have lived with the old UI for a little while longer, there was no need for a rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts