PS3 NA Version 2.13 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
245 MB download
things Ive noticed first of all EVENT CAMERA ON/OFF finally!
looks like the pop bumpers on GENIE are fixed but not AFM or FP.
I played a quick game of AFM but I didnt get the pop-out from the orbit Id have to play again to confirm this or maybe another person can chime in on that.
anybody notice anything else?
would be nice if we could get a change log from FS on whats NEW.

Last edited:

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I have the eyeball custom ball skin available in the table extras menu now.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I don't see much different other than Event Camera On/Off and the new eye ball. Which is cool I must admit as I've wanted this for the Elvira tables.

I wish you could make the ball less reflective so it is more visible though.

Still no Stereoscopic 3D either.

With each new firmware release I always do the following check:
While in game, press PS button to show XMB, go to music, click on a song.. and I'm always greeted with the "Music content cannot be played during use of this game." notice.

One day I hope to hear the music play in the background. Some day....

EDIT:

I also figured we would have the new menu by now.

Theatre of Magic cabinet art is still sdrawkcab. I guess that must be at the bottom of the fix list.
Can't they change the first 4 tables? I thought it was the DLC they are unable to fix.

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I thought it was art issues they can fix thats why I just gave up on posting them. FP's pop bumpers seem worse to me. As long as it takes to get updates youd think we could get some official change notes but I guess they only post those for mobiles.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I thought it was art issues they can fix thats why I just gave up on posting them. FP's pop bumpers seem worse to me. As long as it takes to get updates youd think we could get some official change notes but I guess they only post those for mobiles.

I would think the 245MB has to contain the initial 4 tables and since they are replacing it with each update I imagine they could fix whatever needs fixing.

I think everyone believes a changelog would be a good thing, but I don't think Farsight has ever commented on it. I could be wrong.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Aren't pop bumpers, orbits, etc table issues meaning they won't be changed on PS3?

Yay for the event camera toggle : D

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
well they post the changes to the mobile updates frequently since they get alot more I would think since we get so few and whenever FS submits an update they can never recall when it was submitted so it would benefit them to jott down some notes instead of US trying to figure out whats changed if anything its good business practice.
I think it was BK's last interview where he said PS3 is basically screwd when it comes to changing things.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
this update gave us ON/OFF event I can finally play TZ without fear of gumball camera lock LOOK OUT leaderboards! :) yeah that leaderboards problem is the newest of the heard so it may be awhile, I can still see you and yours I guess I got lucky. Wait you have upgraded HDD? the last firmware affected mostly upgrades so maybe theres a link?

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
this update gave us ON/OFF event I can finally play TZ without fear of gumball camera lock LOOK OUT leaderboards! :) yeah that leaderboards problem is the newest of the heard so it may be awhile, I can still see you and yours I guess I got lucky. Wait you have upgraded HDD? the last firmware affected mostly upgrades so maybe theres a link?

Not really that new.. it's been messed up since May.
They said they should have it addressed in the 2.13 update according to their FB post.
Farsight-pinballLBFix.png

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
In the past they've sometimes been confused about which update is hitting the PS3 next, since it takes so long for things to come through to us. Ideally they'd be able to say "yeah that fix is coming in version x," then we could actually know which one they're talking about. They don't seem to have the best version tracking, though. : P

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
POSSIBLE BUG:

Has anyone noticed any slight pauses while playing?

It first happened on RBION, but I thought it might be due to the eyeball ball and stopped using it, but with the default ball it's done it so far on Monster Bash, RBiON, and Scared Stiff.

It's seems random and only pauses for a split second, but its enough to rattle your concentration.

I'm playing TPA in 1080p, on a 250hz PlayStation LED display.
PS3 is updated to the newest FW 2.65, and a stock hdd on my PS3 Slim 320GB model.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
no leaderboards still? F this.. I was looking forward to this what the hell.... farsight fails again.

Well, they may be in the process of fixing them.
Do they look different for you? Instead of listing all of my PSN friends (even those without TPA), it now displays nobody, but me. I'm hoping they are clearing & then repopulating it.

In other words, I'd give it a few days before giving up on it being fixed.
Fingers crossed....

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012

Where is the option to turn off Event? I can't find it and I already updated.

Oh I forgot this is the PS3 section. I play it on Vita.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts