PS3 Version 2.0.4 (NA) Bugs & Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
This is not a new bug, but it's been gradually bothering me more and more and I only just now sat down to look at it methodically.

If you have the plunger drawn back before a ball feeds into the plunger lane, when you release the plunger, it doesn't hit the ball cleanly, and the ball barely moves up the lane.

I think this is reproducible on all tables, but it's easiest to look at in a table like Gorgar that has no ball save, so you don't have to wait long.

1) Start the table.
2) Launch the first ball.
3) Let it drain. As it is draining, pull the plunger back and hold it.
4) Let the next ball feed into the plunger lane.
5) Once this new ball is settled in the lane, release the plunger.
==> The ball barely reacts to the plunge. You have to plunge again to get it to go anywhere.

If you pull the plunger back not quite as early as that, but maybe before the new ball has quite settled in the plunger lane, a plunge may result in a sort of half-power launch that doesn't go at all near where you'd intended.

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I haven't tried to reproduce this one, but I've seen it twice now, I think: in No Good Gofers, while trying to lock a ball, I accidentally hit a Hole-In-One to complete the current hole. A hole completion bonus of some kind (I think) instantly began what I think was a four-ball multiball, where the DMD was saying something like "Driving range is now worth [some point value]." The problem was that the camera had switched to the plunger camera as the multiball started, so I had to play out the multiball in the plunger camera view.

I'm not sure if it's related, but after letting the balls drain and launching the next ball--this fixed the camera, fortunately--driving the ramps would not advance toward making a gofer appear and getting a ball lock, so I could not advance to multiball.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I noticed a couple differences between TPA's version of No Good Gofers and a real version of the table I played last night at the Ballard "Full Tilt Ice Cream" pinball parlor in Seattle; these things may vary by table anyway, but here they are just in case they're worth anything:

1) In the TPA version of the table, the extra target above the KICK targets--and set perpendicular to them--sits at the far left side of its rectangular hole in the playfield; it is so far over to the left that it sticks out into the playfield a bit, and you can get a ball to come to rest on the back side of it and hang there; a slight nudge will free it.

In the real version of the table that I played, that fifth KICK target was much more central in its rectangular playfield hole, and was not sticking out sufficiently to catch a ball behind it--which seems like the more desirable way to have it oriented. It is almost touching the post to its right--and this post, set between the fifth KICK target and the four along the side of the playfield below it, is not present in the TPA version; although, because the post is back in the corner between targets, I don't think it is possible for the ball to hit it, so its absence shouldn't influence play at all.

I couldn't find a good picture of that post, but IPDB has a photo of that fifth KICK target in a non-ball-catching position here (far right side).

2) In the TPA version of the table, if you plunge the ball so that it goes partway up the left ramp, then comes back down, it will generally hit the right side of the playfield above the upper flipper, so you can make a flip at it with that flipper.

In the real version of the table that I played, the ball, coming back down the left ramp off a plunge, always came back down far below the upper flipper, so you couldn't get a flip at it with that flipper.

Last edited:

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
This is not a new bug, but it's been gradually bothering me more and more and I only just now sat down to look at it methodically.

If you have the plunger drawn back before a ball feeds into the plunger lane, when you release the plunger, it doesn't hit the ball cleanly, and the ball barely moves up the lane.

This is easiest to look at in a table like Gorgar that has no ball save, so you don't have to wait long. ;)

1) Start the table.
==> The ball barely reacts to the plunge. You have to plunge again to get it to go anywhere.

I've had the exact same problem with NGG! It's quite annoying.

I'm also tired of placing in the top 5 high scores and not being awarded the trophy. It's pissing me off. Balls are still flying off the table and such. Also with NGG I have a bug where 2 balls are administered into the plunger lane, instead of 1. As long as you keep 2 balls in play, you can score big. If you lose 1, then the table will lock and you lose the other ball. Yet right after that happens....2 balls come back in the plunger lane and it happens all over again. This happened to me 6 different times. What about the rest of you?

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
In No Good Gofers, extra balls in the plunger lane at the start of a new game seem to be related to balls that were locked at the end of the previous game.

In limited testing:

- When I'd ended the previous game with no balls locked, the next game began with just one ball in the plunger lane.

- When I'd ended the previous game with one ball locked, the next game began with two balls in the plunger lane.

- When I'd ended the previous game with two balls locked, the next game began with three (or four...but this may have been a quick respawn from a ball save) balls in the plunger lane.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012

I think this is reproducible on all tables, but it's easiest to look at in a table like Gorgar that has no ball save, so you don't have to wait long.

1) Start the table.

If you pull the plunger back not quite as early as that, but maybe before the new ball has quite settled in the plunger lane, a plunge may result in a sort of half-power launch that doesn't go at all near where you'd intended.

Yes, the plunger is very wonky now. Be sure to email this one to support.

Ballpin

Sep 13, 2012
Also with NGG I have a bug where 2 balls are administered into the plunger lane, instead of 1. As long as you keep 2 balls in play, you can score big. If you lose 1, then the table will lock and you lose the other ball. Yet right after that happens....2 balls come back in the plunger lane and it happens all over again. This happened to me 6 different times. What about the rest of you?

I've had this happen, also at times I had what seemed like a stuck ball but calling the attendant didn't do anything. Once it was stuck like this for 3 minutes and I was trying to nudge the ball free and call the attendant finally the game just reset to the plunger. If you stop playing while this is happening (just sit and watch the table) it's as if the table is having a spasm, flippers going off without pushing anything and the gophers going up and down repeatedly along with other odd things.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I've had this happen, also at times I had what seemed like a stuck ball but calling the attendant didn't do anything. Once it was stuck like this for 3 minutes and I was trying to nudge the ball free and call the attendant finally the game just reset to the plunger. If you stop playing while this is happening (just sit and watch the table) it's as if the table is having a spasm, flippers going off without pushing anything and the gophers going up and down repeatedly along with other odd things.

That's actually a function on most real pinball tables. The attendant would come over, open the door on the table and hit a switch that triggers all those things to start popping to try to dislodge the ball. This is much easier than opening the glass and better on the table than tilting it.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Full plunger pull on taxi does the 100 skill shot perfectly instead of rolling over to the bottom.

Mar 9, 2012
On Harley the ball gets locked in the bike forcing you to tilt it.. and sometimes you get an extra ball when it finally lets you shoot again.. table is almost unplayable..

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Taxi's local high score screen shows only four scores, rather than the usual five. (Either Gofers or Party Monsters--can't remember which--also has this problem; never mentioned it since those high score screens are kind of screwy anyway in terms of the huge scores they display.)

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Taxi's local high score screen shows only four scores, rather than the usual five. (Either Gofers or Party Monsters--can't remember which--also has this problem; never mentioned it since those high score screens are kind of screwy anyway in terms of the huge scores they display.)

Party Monsters has this - AND they are out of order.

Tabe

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I found the fix for Elvira and No Good Gofers high scores on the PS3. I backed up my game save to thumb drive and deleted my game save on the ps3 so I could play for the initial trophies. When I went back into the game I found that Elvira and NGG high scores were now normal. I think in order for this to work you have to also own pack 5 (Taxi and Harley Davidson).

Also there's no going back. You're starting from fresh.

20121108_181330.jpg

20121108_181132.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.