PS4 pricing and discount thread

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
They've tweaked the store, indeed, but it's such a mess now.

For the standard discount pack it says I don't own packs 7 and 10, plus TZ and STTNG tables (all of which I do actually own).

For the pro discount pack it says that I don't have Pro Medieval Madness and Bride. WTF? Pro discount should be available even if you don't own any pro tables and I do own pro Medieval Madness table, but probably no pro Bride table as there is no pro update just for Bride. Do I have to buy both the pro upgrades + tables in a single pack again just to get pro Bride table?

It's so confusing. Why pro discount pack doesn't say the 7/10/TZ/STTNG are missing like the standard pack says? Why does it require me to have pro packs? Why is there is no separate pro upgrade for Bride? So many questions and no answers. It would be easier to buy the season one pack for the full price rather than to resolve these absurd dependencies in the store. Sony has ****ed up again.

It seems that the normal discount pack now "thinks" you do not own a table if you bought the Pro version of it. I only have Pro for STTNG and its saying that is the only table I am missing to be eligible for the upgrade. :sigh: Doubly annoying as I never have used a single Pro feature yet.

I notice they also haven't re-instigated the PSN+ 10% discount, despite the fact it was impossible to buy the pack during the promotion period.

Last edited:

CrazyCoder

Apr 26, 2012
It seems that the normal discount pack now "thinks" you do not own a table if you bought the Pro version of it. I only have Pro for STTNG and its saying that is the only table I am missing to be eligible for the upgrade.

Yes, it looks like you are right. Sony should fire whoever has failed to configure it properly twice in a row.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Dont be stupid, its australian dollars witch makes it slightly cheaper than the euro stores...

Stupid is stupid does.

44.00 AUD = 39.25 USD (US Season 1 price: 29.99 USD)

60.00 AUD = 53.54 USD (US Pro Bundle Price: 39.99 USD)

Robbery I said. They raise the price, whereas they could set it to, for example, 34.99 AUD (31.21 USD) and 44.99 AUD (40.13 USD), or a little higher if they want absolutely to make more money. But come on... it's digital content!! Why is it a lot more expensive than in US???

But yes, it's the same for Europe (but I thought we were the only ones to get f*word by the currency conversion). At least, it's a "basic conversion", with the same amount (29.99 and 39.99)...

29.99 EUR = 40.83 USD

39.99 EUR = 54.44 USD

Last edited:

Vorlon

Oct 1, 2012
My reward for helping to kickstart The Twilight Zone table: the season 1 discount pack for PS4 is not available to me!

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Yes, it looks like you are right. Sony should fire whoever has failed to configure it properly twice in a row.

Yet they have managed to correctly configure it so that owning the pro table you cannot buy the normal one, not that I would buy it again just to make this work.

To be honest I'm already unsure if I will buy it when it IS working until I know if they will be doing the PSN+ discount again. Its not that 10% extra off is a big deal, its the principle of the thing that we were supposed to eligible for that discount.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I completely understand "the principle of the thing" but one thing that I've learned in life is to try to not let incompetent people make my life less enjoyable. To me it is more important to have fun playing video pinball.

Krakehz

Nov 6, 2013
Stupid is stupid does.

44.00 AUD = 39.25 USD (US Season 1 price: 29.99 USD)

60.00 AUD = 53.54 USD (US Pro Bundle Price: 39.99 USD)

Robbery I said. They raise the price, whereas they could set it to, for example, 34.99 AUD (31.21 USD) and 44.99 AUD (40.13 USD), or a little higher if they want absolutely to make more money. But come on... it's digital content!! Why is it a lot more expensive than in US???

But yes, it's the same for Europe (but I thought we were the only ones to get f*word by the currency conversion). At least, it's a "basic conversion", with the same amount (29.99 and 39.99)...

29.99 EUR = 40.83 USD

39.99 EUR = 54.44 USD

Everything is cheaper in the us, this isent exclusive to the pinball arcade so i dont see any reason to complain about the tpa price not being the same in other countries as in the us. ( and no i dont like to pay 1/3 more for my games than the americans do but there isent much we can do about that when companies keep their dollar = euro price) 399 dollar for ps4 in usa = 399 euro(540 dollar) for ps4 here and this has been the case for ages on all games and hardware.

Baintz

May 25, 2012
It seems that the normal discount pack now "thinks" you do not own a table if you bought the Pro version of it.

Yep same problem here. I got the pro version of pack 7 (Scared Stiff and Big Shot) and Twilight Zone, yet the PS4 store won't give me the discounted bundle because it says I don't own those tables.

Really annoying, epecially considering that after using the 'Table Exploration' feature a few times I haven't used the other Pro features at all.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
there isent much we can do about that when companies keep their dollar = euro price) 399 dollar for ps4 in usa = 399 euro(540 dollar) for ps4 here

That's the point, buddy. We're agreed.

In Europe, they use the "psychological effect" that euros = US dollars (30 euros = 30 dollars), to screw us.

So, I thought that we were the only ones to be screwed because of that.

But when I see what they do with australian prices (they raise the prices of almost 50% - 30 to 45, and 40 to 60), just to make the same profit as they do with european customers. Not even a "psychological effect", they just charge more. It's worse than what they do with us, actually.

That's what I call a robbery.^^

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
I wish they had the discounted pro one available when I got the regular one. It is only $5 more. That's a steal to get ALL of them in pro version. I didn't even know they were going to allow that for previous non-pro owners (like me). I might have waited.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I wish they had the discounted pro one available when I got the regular one. It is only $5 more. That's a steal to get ALL of them in pro version. I didn't even know they were going to allow that for previous non-pro owners (like me). I might have waited.

I emailed them about this recently and just got a reply. They are arranging to offer an upgrade option for those of us who bought the regular season at a discount but would have purchased the pro discount version if it had been available. I'm assuming it will be $5 because that's what I asked.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
I emailed them about this recently and just got a reply. They are arranging to offer an upgrade option for those of us who bought the regular season at a discount but would have purchased the pro discount version if it had been available. I'm assuming it will be $5 because that's what I asked.

Good. I've never been really thrilled about pro mode since finding out if you use any pro mode changes at all you are disabled from leaderboards*. But for $5 for all of the season, yes, I'll take that. I would have were it there.

*I once suggested it would be nice if they would allow non-score affecting options to not disable leaderboard entry.. maybe just mark the options red that would do so... it would be nice for example to turn off Family Mode on Elvira and still be allowed to post high scores.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Good. I've never been really thrilled about pro mode since finding out if you use any pro mode changes at all you are disabled from leaderboards*. But for $5 for all of the season, yes, I'll take that. I would have were it there.

*I once suggested it would be nice if they would allow non-score affecting options to not disable leaderboard entry.. maybe just mark the options red that would do so... it would be nice for example to turn off Family Mode on Elvira and still be allowed to post high scores.

I think it's a complication that they haven't had time for. There are so many features that could be added for TPA but they've only implemented a few. I have resolved to myself that this iteration of virtual pinball will probably never be a feature rich game with many choices and options. But I love playing the tables! With today's gaming economy there just isn't enough money to pay for all the features that we'd like added.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Everything is cheaper in the us, this isent exclusive to the pinball arcade so i dont see any reason to complain about the tpa price not being the same in other countries as in the us. ( and no i dont like to pay 1/3 more for my games than the americans do but there isent much we can do about that when companies keep their dollar = euro price) 399 dollar for ps4 in usa = 399 euro(540 dollar) for ps4 here and this has been the case for ages on all games and hardware.
The problem is that across different platforms there isn't the same price discrepancy.

US:
PC Season 1: $29.99USD
iOS Season 1: $29.99USD
PS3/PS4 Season 1: $29.99USD

Australia:
PC Season 1: $29.99USD = Same price
iOS Season 1: $31.99AUD (approx $28.80USD) = slightly cheaper
PS3/PS4 Season 1: $44.00AUD (approx $40USD) = $10USD more expensive!

Seems it's only with Sony's platform there's the issue with price. Now who comes up with that price conversion... is it Sony or is it the developer? Either way, it's ridiculous we have to put up with it. For hardware I can somewhat understand it but certainly not for digital software.

Rudy hates me

Jan 13, 2014
I've a bad feeling this isn't going to be resolved any further. Farsight had to pull out of the original plan to offer the discount to anybody who had 4 packs as there were too many variations to cover. It'll be just as bad to cover every variation of which pro and non pro tables people have purchased, so I'm kinda regretting picking up 2 pro tables from season 1. I'm feeling kinda penalised for spending more in the past, and I've already purchased all of the tables twice.

I'll likely give the PS4 version a miss now, as it doesn't seem worth it just for the flashy lighting, especially when it's still full of bugs.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Sony would be foolish not to fix this as it will kill off the PS4 version for me too if they don't.

I have already decided I will be buying all the packs on Steam now as I'm having far more fun playing on my tablet with the Duo Pinball controller than I ever have before on a pinball game on ANY platform. I will glady purchase the PS4 season 1 & 2 packs at the discounted rate, but season 3 is strictly PC for me now.

Last edited:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Forgive me if it's already been discussed, but it looks like they aren't giving a discount on the first (pre-Season 1) 3 tables. Those being; Black Hole, RBION, and TOM.

I find it kind of strange that I can buy 18 tables for $14.99 (discount) , but if I want those 3 I have to pay $8.99 (no discount).
I like those tables, but not enough to spend $9 for them.

TPA-PS4_3tables$9.png

Is this another Sony Store glitch or is there really no discount available.

I am looking at all of this through their PlayStation web store so maybe it's different when viewing through an actual PS4.
Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2013
I didn't want to make a new thread so I'll ask it here:

Is there -any- news on PS4 update for season 2, any kind of timeframe yet? I haven't been following the forum like I used to. Just wondering thanks.

Krakehz

Nov 6, 2013
Forgive me if it's already been discussed, but it looks like they aren't giving a discount on the first (pre-Season 1) 3 tables. Those being; Black Hole, RBION, and TOM.

I find it kind of strange that I can buy 18 tables for $14.99 (discount) , but if I want those 3 I have to pay $8.99 (no discount).
I like those tables, but not enough to spend $9 for them.

Is this another Sony Store glitch or is there really no discount available.

I am looking at all of this through their PlayStation web store so maybe it's different when viewing through an actual PS4.
Any help would be appreciated.

The three tables you speak of are included in the season 1 bundle but they failed to put that in the discription for some reason.(same thing on steam btw included but it doesent say in the discription )

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts