PS4 pricing and discount thread

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Are they ever going to fix it so people can upgrade to pro for the discounted $5 since the pro discount wasn't available to some at time of purchase?

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
I would probably just buy it, and then show Sony what you have already purchased all the packs that allow you to get a discount. They should then refund you the difference.

Except you could end up spending as much as the refund on the damn phone call to Sony to get it sorted. No way I am risking that personally.

bluenose79

Mar 1, 2013
Except you could end up spending as much as the refund on the damn phone call to Sony to get it sorted. No way I am risking that personally.

I really want to play these tables on my lovely new PS4, why am I getting Had Off cause I bought Pro Packs for 2 tables!! Surely Farsight r losing money on this cause there loyal fans won't buy until discount is sorted?

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
I only have ONE pro pack, Star Trek TNG, and its especially annoying as I have never used any pro features yet.

Farsight definitely are losing money on this. Sadly in my case Sony aren't as I have had funds in my PSN account since December just sat waiting for them to fix this.

What is doubly annoying is that at PA launch we also got an additional 10% off, which it looks like they have no plan to reinstate even though it was impossible to benefit from it at the time.

bluenose79

Mar 1, 2013
I only have ONE pro pack, Star Trek TNG, and its especially annoying as I have never used any pro features yet.

Farsight definitely are losing money on this. Sadly in my case Sony aren't as I have had funds in my PSN account since December just sat waiting for them to fix this.

What is doubly annoying is that at PA launch we also got an additional 10% off, which it looks like they have no plan to reinstate even though it was impossible to benefit from it at the time.

To make matters worse Zen Pinball 2 is free to transfer over tables and they also give u a new table for nothing. OH and it's in 3D. Farsight u need to up your game ASAP

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
To make matters worse Zen Pinball 2 is free to transfer over tables and they also give u a new table for nothing. OH and it's in 3D. Farsight u need to up your game ASAP

While it's nice that Zen lets you transfer your tables to the PS4 (20 of them IIRC), they don't do much in the way of enhancing them to take advantage of the PS4's power.

The 3D is nice on Zen. I play in 3D until my eyes can no longer take the strain... about 20 minutes hehe. Farsight will hopefully be adding their 3D option very soon.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012

TPA PS4 tables are much improved over the PS3 versions. It costs FarSight money to pay people to make those improvements.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Speaking of paying for stuff.. I was near a Best Buy and figured I'd stop in and pick up a PS4.. and they didn't have any in stock. I was surprised, it never even occurred to me as I was walking in that they wouldn't have any. I figured over a month after Xmas stores having them in stock wouldn't be an issue anymore but I guess I was wrong.

Darrell Harding

Mar 28, 2013
TPA PS4 tables are much improved over the PS3 versions. It costs FarSight money to pay people to make those improvements.

The lighting is the only improved feature on ps4 (and it only really looks great on a handful of tables where others look ok), absolutely nothing else has changed (textures are pc/ps3 quality, table art is slightly blurrier due to a smoothing filter)and with the stupid launch issues of no controller remap option , no friend leaderboards, low quality sound and no controller vibration the ps4 version is a (temporarily) underdeveloped compared to other versions.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Speaking of paying for stuff.. I was near a Best Buy and figured I'd stop in and pick up a PS4.. and they didn't have any in stock. I was surprised, it never even occurred to me as I was walking in that they wouldn't have any. I figured over a month after Xmas stores having them in stock wouldn't be an issue anymore but I guess I was wrong.
Best Buy has then online. Ditto for Amazon. My local Walmart stores have them in-stock. That all was not the case two weeks ago.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Best Buy has then online. Ditto for Amazon. My local Walmart stores have them in-stock. That all was not the case two weeks ago.

Yeah I checked Best Buy online as soon as I got home. Best Buy online shows them to you but if you go to checkout it says store pickup only and they all come up unavailable. Amazon and other stores may have them but I have about $200 worth of gift cards and rewards certs for Best Buy and there's not really anything else I want from there right now.

Edit: Grumpy morning post ending removed.

Last edited:

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
The lighting is the only improved feature on ps4 (and it only really looks great on a handful of tables where others look ok), absolutely nothing else has changed (textures are pc/ps3 quality, table art is slightly blurrier due to a smoothing filter)and with the stupid launch issues of no controller remap option , no friend leaderboards, low quality sound and no controller vibration the ps4 version is a (temporarily) underdeveloped compared to other versions.

Quite frankly, I don't think Farsight have the staff or the funds to do the game justice. Its a shame, as the plan of having accurate simulations of the original tables is a grand one, but at the pace the tables are improving we are a long long way from that lofty goal.

Don't get me wrong, its a fun game to play, but too many people have posted saying how the flippers are wrong, the ball physics are wrong, and the graphics at their best are still far short of looking photo realistic even on a platform that should be able to achieve it. It would certainly go some way to offset the problem if they would fix that awful environment the virtual table is rendered in.

The PC version was a step in the right direction, at least it means its unlikely to be abandoned once the NEXT generation of consoles come on the scene. But we need just as much work going into remastering the old tables as bringing out new ones, and while that may have happened on the PS4 versions it really doesn't feel like it. I found the PS4 version a huge let down, I thought it would look much much more realistic.

amv71

Feb 29, 2012
Quite frankly, I don't think Farsight have the staff or the funds to do the game justice. Its a shame, as the plan of having accurate simulations of the original tables is a grand one, but at the pace the tables are improving we are a long long way from that lofty goal.

Don't get me wrong, its a fun game to play, but too many people have posted saying how the flippers are wrong, the ball physics are wrong, and the graphics at their best are still far short of looking photo realistic even on a platform that should be able to achieve it. It would certainly go some way to offset the problem if they would fix that awful environment the virtual table is rendered in.

The PC version was a step in the right direction, at least it means its unlikely to be abandoned once the NEXT generation of consoles come on the scene. But we need just as much work going into remastering the old tables as bringing out new ones, and while that may have happened on the PS4 versions it really doesn't feel like it. I found the PS4 version a huge let down, I thought it would look much much more realistic.

Blimey. Might hold out for a 360 relaunch after all, then...

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
I'm hoping that they are/or will eventually be developing the Xbox One/PS4/PC versions independent of the other platforms. Trying to make the game authentic while having to deal with a code base that has to still work on low-end iOS/Android devices is mutually exclusive.

That's what I mean by funds, they are probably making decent money on the game but ONLY because its on almost every platform. However being on almost every platform prevents it from ever being fully authentic, as many of those platforms are underpowered to achieve a photo realistic and accurate simulation.

Last edited:

amv71

Feb 29, 2012
I was playing MM last night (360) and I did wonder how much clearer the playfield would be on PS4. I'd really like to be able to read those lamps on the playfield, as it's been a long time since I played MM in the 'flesh'.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012

Actually I disagree with this general argument when it comes to this. Recreating real tables and the process that involves is not something the other guys have ever had to deal with. Furthermore, despite the fact we can still somewhat nitpick at FS's physics engine, it's still FAR superior to ZP's. That is evident immediately when you've been playing TPA a while and then you spend just a few moments with ZP. I'm not ragging on ZP; it was actually fun to play that free table on the PS4 recently and it was cool to test drive my brand new 3D TV with the 3D. It's not more benefit though, just different ones. I've played many of these TPA tables in real life, dating back to my childhood, so I'm obviously going to be biased toward Farsight's vision.

Krakehz

Nov 6, 2013

Nothing else has changed ??? you are joking right ??

Stable fps and no flipper lag is worth buying the ps4 version for, it does have some flaws on other departments like the sound, leaderboards and rumble, but those things will be fixed eventually, going back to ps3 for the current tournament makes you see how much better the ps4 version is vs the ps3 version ( i could barely get passed 300 mil in a mm game while i scored over 400 mil on my first ball on the ps4 version a week earlier )

Darrell Harding

Mar 28, 2013
Nothing else has changed ??? you are joking right ??

Stable fps and no flipper lag is worth buying the ps4 version for, it does have some flaws on other departments like the sound, leaderboards and rumble, but those things will be fixed eventually, going back to ps3 for the current tournament makes you see how much better the ps4 version is vs the ps3 version ( i could barely get passed 300 mil in a mm game while i scored over 400 mil on my first ball on the ps4 version a week earlier )

Ps3 has a stable frame rate too but flipper lag is more apparent to some than others and because of the ps3 1 frame delay a high input latency tv can really highlight the effect however many tv's including my own have very fast display processing when switched to Game mode or similar mode which for me makes the flippers very acceptable. The ps4 doesn't feature the most stable of frame rates and I have actually posted videos of the stutter myself and others have noticed on some tables. The reason I believe higher scores are easier on ps4 than ps3 is that the actual ball physics feels slightly different , to me the ps4 feels a little slower for the most part and possibly a little more realistic? Black hole on ps3 and vita seems to have a stupendously fast ball that barely slows down but ps4 feels more controllable and the shot back into the lower level after re-entry is far easier to constantly nail on ps4 than it is on ps3. But I still stand by my statement that the ps4 version is nothing more than a ported version with added lighting. I'm not saying I dislike the ps4 version because up until last week with Tomb raiders release it was consistently the most played game on my ps4 (as it was with my ps3 and vita versions) so Farsight have a great product on their hands just one that really needs more love to bring it to its full potential.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts