Punishment / disqualification for changing pro settings.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
I am a big fan and have purchased ALL the tables for iOS . I have also purchased all the pro packages where available for certain tables. To my dismay i found if i opened the "coin box" and change any settings will result in disqualification from any leaderboards / high scores. It would be nice to at least be able to choose between a 3 or 5 ball game without penalty. When i played pinball in the real arcades it was up to the arcade owner / operator to set the number of balls per game along with points required to award a replay / credit and difficulty level such as what was held over upon loss of the ball. The better arcades would set for 5 balls per game . It would be nice to have the option to choose 5 balls without punishment.

Tim Thornton

Jul 26, 2012
Well leaderboards have to be based on players using the same settings otherwise it would be meaningless. It might be nice to have seperate leaderboards for different settings. Maybe have 3 or so presets with 3, 4, or 5 balls and different settings for features, extra balls etc. Maybe even have a Tournament mode with no extra balls, random awards etc. Of course this is all moot because I would never pay for the Pro mode with its current features and price.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
How would it be fair to everyone playing with 3 balls if you could get on the board with 5.
In arcades you are only competing with that exact table for scores so it doesn't matter if the settings are different.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Of course, there are also Genie and BigShot, that let you choose 3 or 5 in the "Game Setup" menu, thus no punishment. Couldn't that be incorporated to the other tables if FS chose to? I know it was incorporated into BigShot as a revision.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
thank you for pointing this out i had missed it. The suggested solution is a good one if the option could be added to game setup as an option. There could be a 5 ball leaderboard and a three ball leaderboard or however this was handled on the two that have it in setup (genie and bigshot) i will check out these settings.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Genie and Bigshot don't have separate 3/5 ball leaderboards. On Genie it actually seems like an advantage to play 3-ball, because a lot of the switches score significantly more points in Genie's 3-ball mode, and the game is so extra-ball friendly that past a certain point the number of starting balls is kind of irrelevant.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts