Quality Assurance

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
It really depends on the platform. On Android, the newer tables all look great, but the older ones (especially on tablets) vary a lot, depending on whether they've had recent attention. Funhouse is actually one of the ugliest-looking tables on Android at the moment: the table art looks very blurry near the back of the table, as if there are problems with the sampling frequencies of the texture mipmap levels.

On the other hand, some of the newer tables have more bugs, I think not so much because of a decline in quality but just because they haven't been ironed out yet. Black Hole, in the original Core Pack, used to be one of the more problematic tables, but it's had a lot of work done and is now pretty great. Firepower is coming out of the gate in better shape than Black Hole did, but it's got some kind of terrible bug with ball counting (or detection in the trough?) that occasionally makes it hang on the final drain. Dr. Dude is in good shape except that it's got an intermittent performance issue that brings the frame rate way down, and can make it nearly unplayable when it really kicks in.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
First game of FIREPOWER plunge the ball flippers dont work....seriously!?

Did the ball barely make it out of the plunger lane? there's a bug on ios at least where if the ball just creeps out with a weak plunge the camera remains on plunger cam and the flippers don't activate.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
No it shot out up to the top. I thought I wasn't hitting the screen in the right spot but it did it again on ball 2 of the third game. I think it did stay on plunger cam though.

N

Nik Barbour

Funhouse is actually one of the ugliest-looking tables on Android at the moment: the table art looks very blurry near the back of the table, as if there are problems with the sampling frequencies of the texture mipmap levels.

Depends on your device, It's crystal clear on the N7 front to back. You can read all the signs and, even the hand signs on the steps, and the hidden hallway and mystery mirror awards.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts